Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

I've never really understood why people get so excited about Queen...........
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

My personal fav live albums are Motley Crue - Decade of Decadence , The Police Live, and Judas Priest - Live. As far as best for the artists career, its a clear win for Frampton. Although Cheap Trick @ Budokan was quite influencial and boosted them.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Of my 3 favs i give the nod to The Police.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

The Police album sounded good, but I didn't like the choice of formatting. I think they should have released two separate albums, one from 78 or 79 and then another from the Synchronicity tour. Because going from one disc to the other is just a reminder of how much the band changed in such a short time.... and not necessarily for the better.
          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

I've never heard a live album by The Police, but I remember a film of their first world tour - they were good. This is intercut with off-stage footage, but the first tune kicks in at about 1:30

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Coyote
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
              I've never really understood why people get so excited about Queen...........
              Mercury's charisma, I guess... (0:45)

Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

What's your pick VHscraps ?

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

I seen R.E.O. Speedwagon You Get What You Play For on someone's list. That was a great album, with Golden Country, and of coarse Riding The Storm Out. Before the pussy ballads. When they were a jam band. My goodness what happened to Gary. There is a clip of him on stage with the new R.E.O. playing Stormout. I wanted too weep !! He looked horrid !! 250 and 6 chins !! Man I was bummed too see that. What a great player ! One of my favorite shows in 89 outside in the rain. Killer sound ! He had a awesome tone.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

The live Ozzy show from the new Deluxe 30th Anniversary Edition of Diary of a Madman is pretty ballz out.
                    gnaw on it

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
                      I've never heard a live album by The Police, but I remember a film of their first world tour - they were good. This is intercut with off-stage footage, but the first tune kicks in at about 1:30

Back before Miles Copeland had grey hair. Got to love his intro.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• tojoro
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Dec 2009

The Allman Brothers Band @ the Fillmore East, James Brown's Love, Power, Peace from the Olympia Theater in Paris, or UFO's Strangers in the Night.

Is it true that Michael's parts are "as is"? I had read somewhere that he allegedly insisted that his performance remain unaltered.

~T.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

Hot August Night.

Hey, tree people? I'm singing for you, too!

Comment

• ODShowtime
                            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by tojoro
                            The Allman Brothers Band @ the Fillmore East, James Brown's Love, Power, Peace from the Olympia Theater in Paris, or UFO's Strangers in the Night.

Is it true that Michael's parts are "as is"? I had read somewhere that he allegedly insisted that his performance remain unaltered.

~T.
                            Yes the JB Paris show is fucking amazing I need to spin that one. And Strangers in the Night is definitely my next purchase but fucking amazon has been out of stock for a month now. I'd love to find it on vinyl somewhere cheap...
                            gnaw on it

Comment

• So this is love
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

UFOs Strangers in the night on vinyl...great! I had forgot about them...I must have put it in garbage sometime ago along with all my vinyls.....my first live album purchased was Bob Seger nine tonight...Another one I remember purchasing as an import was Rainbow - On Stage.
                              Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

KISS Alive is still my favorite, despite how "live" it is or not. Lots of good one's listed here. James Brown at the Apollo is great. Black Sabbath, Live Evil is a good document of the band with RJD in his prime. I really like Bob Dylan's, Hard Rain. Dylan is so inconsistent in concert, but that recording captured some raw energy and anger over his breakup. I'll try to embed it, but this version of Idiot Wind is so goddamn good!
                                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Working...