• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    See?....we're well on our way to Detente
    No.....I'm not due for a teeth cleaning for two more months!

God......your a idiot
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
      Thank God.......lets go get some hookers and blow then
      Sorry bro!

I traded the hookers and blow for an e-cigarette and bottle of jergins!

Comment

• Dr. Love
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Any time I see a thread started by WARF I know that in a few days it'll be over 10 pages and will draw everyone that used to post here like flies to shit.

Sesh wasn't the one to let it go on. When he unbanned people we expected there to be a week or two of crazy and people would get it out of their system (oh the ironicy) and it would be over with. There were a lot of things edited out in those two weeks - I know, because I did a lot of the editing.

Ultimately, it was Sarge's site, and his rules. No banning, but no personal info and no racist shit. That came a long time after the no banning rule. Sarge's vision was that you stated your take and if someone curb stomped your sorry ass for it, well, that's your own damn fault. That was a long time before facebook and everything else, and it was at a time where people around here more or less acted like adult assholes, not sociopaths. It was a good rule for its time but very short sighted and left a lot of people ill-equipped to handle the sociopaths that eventually started and escalated the mess here.

Well before Sesh took the site over, this nonsense was going on. There was a lot of outcry over it all, and some people were banned. And then they were unbanned by Sarge. And Sarge got a lot of anger back from the team over it because a lot of us felt we were having to deal with bullshit while he was absent and he was overruling decisions that he had no insight into. And eventually, Sarge decided to hand the site off to someone else.

I totally get why people feel the whole thing wasn't handled how they thought it should be. Sesh did the fair thing (which many of you would not consider to be the just thing to do) and treated everyone equal, gave everyone a second chance, and there were people that abused that second chance and paid for it. But for better or worse, it largely solved the problem.

This whole thing only comes up and rehashes because it keeps being brought up. Great for WARF to be sorry. If no one responded to it then we wouldn't be here 11 pages later all butthurt over it. Let it go and ignore him. Post here in spite of him. We all built this place into something we loved, and we all tore it down.

There's no reason we can't go back to how things were and have fun all over again.
        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by WARF
          Sorry bro!

I traded the hookers and blow for an e-cigarette and bottle of jergins!
          Good.......but we can at least joke about it!
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Love
            There's no reason we can't go back to how things were and have fun all over again.
            So Ron Paul's running for something, then

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

70 posts in here now so hopefully at least people will get the impression that if mistakes were made they weren't made without thought or with malice.

As I said I took a lot of time thinking about how to try and fix things and I explained my plan to the small team I asked to help me and they were kind enough to put themselves in harms way to try it.

Anyway here we all are and we haven't had to rename any more forums...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                No banning, but no personal info and no racist shit.
                Just to be pedantic but it's worth saying and something we maybe need to all make a decision on.

The rule wasn't no racist shit it was no use of the n word.

There was never a rule about calling someone a darkie, a spic, a wop, a kike or whatever.

Maybe it's something we should look into adopting as a community. It's not something that comes up usually apart from during big arguments and there is the danger of censoring out humor by accident or getting embroiled in semantics.

Hopefully most of us are now at an age where we can just not be dicks without having rules to tell us that.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Hopefully most of us are now at an age where we can just not be dicks without having rules to tell us that.

Have you read the previous 11 pages
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Honestly, it was just WARF.

Until he got his ass handed to him, and he ran to flappy to bail him out.

In a drunken stupor, WARF actually thought some chick in Sweden loved him

Oh, the internets.

Hindsight being what it is, I apologize to Sesh personally about my criticism of his handling of things. After reading much of this, I believe he really didn't see alot of it from our side, and was sincerely trying to just make everyone happy. [always a losing proposition ]

He will never admit it, but WARF started this whole thing. Yes I kept it going. But everyone knows about that night.
                    Originally posted by Kristy
                    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                    Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Just to be pedantic but it's worth saying and something we maybe need to all make a decision on.

The rule wasn't no racist shit it was no use of the n word.

There was never a rule about calling someone a darkie, a spic, a wop, a kike or whatever.

Maybe it's something we should look into adopting as a community. It's not something that comes up usually apart from during big arguments and there is the danger of censoring out humor by accident or getting embroiled in semantics.

The N word ban was because Sarge might log in on a community computer and didn't want anyone to look over his shoulder and see racist shit......could of hurt his career, IIRC.........

We're all a lot older and hopefully common sense can be the only real rule we need!

Doubt it but hope springs is eternal

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

I think we should just ban all words. Just use nothing but smileys. Except for Lounge - he can't have any.

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                          I think we should just ban all words. Just use nothing but smileys. Except for Lounge - he can't have any.

hey!!!!!!
                          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Damn...did we actually come to some sort of meeting of the minds here through all of the re-hashing? - The Healing power of WARF!
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                              Damn...did we actually come to some sort of meeting of the minds here through al of the re-hashing? - The Healing power of WARF!

Was out all day, but after catching up sounds more like everyone's just at the "fuck it" point. Myself included. Life's too short, and when the fuck is Van Halen putting out another CD?
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I still want to have them cover I'm so Glad
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...