ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,401 Times in 6,056 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    "The majority of the people that seem to feel most hard done by got involved in arguments with trolls on a site which since it's inception said it wouldn't censor and then got upset when they inevitably got abuse from them." That is what you said.

Cower to much? Comeon man, I was smeared all over and didnt flinch but when I had to read the shit they said about Mick and then one of those fucks sent a link to my sister so she could read it to, that is to much man. Alot of the people from here I get along with are on facebook so taking a break was easy and at one point you even suggested I take a break. You want everybody to be A ok with how things were handled but that isnt an option. Letting things die out, letting the two sides take some shots without a giant flame war starting, that is all progress. I just dont see a better plan myself, alot of people have good reason to be pissed off.
    Everyone was pissed off when shit was posted about Mick. Obviously you knew him a far far far better than I ever had the pleasure but I always got the impression he was pretty thick skinned about bullshit posted on the internet and would have taken great glee in shooting that person down. Plus all that post did was make the poster look like a cunt to anyone that read it so incredibly self defeating.

I don't know what was happening in parallel to this site on Facebook. I guessed something was because pics started to seep onto the site but no one told me what was going on. I don't remember hearing anything about your sister.

I stand by my post about the troll thing it was easy not to get involved in the argument with the trolls. I appreciate you may not have known the vigor that some of these people put into a flame war and how they do it like a pointless full time job but I feel a bit like if I was your internet provider and you replied to a spam email promising you millions and then you blaming me you got involved.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Cower to much? Comeon man, I was smeared all over and didnt flinch but when I had to read the shit they said about Mick and then one of those fucks sent a link to my sister so she could read it to, that is to much man.
    Exactly!

Deleting a post or picture here and there but not banning those people outright.........it gave them the courage to keep upping the ante!

Mick was a respected member here and even has a fucking forum named after him, FFS!

The absolute lowest of lows and by not banning those idiots immediately it set a precedent and turned off a lot of good people who had supported this site during it's ups and downs!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    It's not the fact that you guys didn't take them down.....it's the fact that you let the people who were posting it stay and that it was going to keep happening because they even said they wouldn't let up.......get it?

What disgusted me the most was.....it could of very easily of been me instead of the others it happened to! My business, my personal info and my family! Knowing now that basically the attitude was/is......fuck you you deserved it!

That's the point I was trying to make!
    I'm sorry if you were made to feel insecure but what personal information was posted here and left up? None. Names? Addresses? Family? I don't remember that. I remember some photoshops of people who may or may not have been the people they were aimed at which were then deleted by us when asked by the targets to do so.

I'm getting blamed here for some people getting into an argument before I took over and then taking info from Facebook which they had put in the public forum.

Why not go bitching at Zuckerberg instead?

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

You banned flappo and that wahlberg idiot well after the damage was done. The first flappo ban was 3 days just because you had something to do that weekend lol. You really think that was enough? This is what I mean, we will never agree about this so why bother? Also, you did bring it up, I posted the example twice now.
    That whole incident was technically my fault because I was pissed at Flappo and I decided to call him out in The Dump.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

Moving in impressive circles there bud

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Moving in impressive circles there bud
    I wish I had his money.

And his complaints department...

7. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (04-14-2014),vandeleur (04-12-2014)

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2022 @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 1,023 Posts

Everyone was pissed off when shit was posted about Mick. Obviously you knew him a far far far better than I ever had the pleasure but I always got the impression he was pretty thick skinned about bullshit posted on the internet and would have taken great glee in shooting that person down. Plus all that post did was make the poster look like a cunt to anyone that read it so incredibly self defeating.

I don't know what was happening in parallel to this site on Facebook. I guessed something was because pics started to seep onto the site but no one told me what was going on. I don't remember hearing anything about your sister.

I stand by my post about the troll thing it was easy not to get involved in the argument with the trolls. I appreciate you may not have known the vigor that some of these people put into a flame war and how they do it like a pointless full time job but I feel a bit like if I was your internet provider and you replied to a spam email promising you millions and then you blaming me you got involved.
    Even a internet provider will stop harassment if notified about it

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm sorry if you were made to feel insecure but what personal information was posted here and left up? None. Names? Addresses? Family? I don't remember that. I remember some photoshops of people who may or may not have been the people they were aimed at which were then deleted by us when asked by the targets to do so.

I'm getting blamed here for some people getting into an argument before I took over and then taking info from Facebook which they had put in the public forum.

You allowed it to continue when you could of easily stopped it!

Yeah, I'm real insecure, dude. If by insecure you mean, totally appalled by the fact that you'd let this site devolve into what it became when you had the power to stop it.

I'm not talking about before you got the keys to the place, or having control over anything that happens outside this site!

I'm talking about the things you did have control over and allowed to go on without stepping in sooner!

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fraroc View Post
    That whole incident was technically my fault because I was pissed at Flappo and I decided to call him out in The Dump.
    Dude, you missed the first few rounds, it all started in the mod room.

11. 2 users say thank you to TFM_Dale for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-13-2014),jhale667 (04-12-2014)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There you go.....all butthurt about not being a mod anymore

13. 3 users say thank you to kwame k for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (04-12-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (04-14-2014),TFM_Dale (04-12-2014)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The absolute lowest of lows and by not banning those idiots immediately it set a precedent and turned off a lot of good people who had supported this site during it's ups and downs!

I'm sorry we're not going to agree on this.

There can't be a list of untouchable targets set out in stone or on my fucking whim which incurs an instant ban.

Not happening here while I'm running it. That's not how this site works. Sorry.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And his complaints department...
    that was funny

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There can't be a list of untouchable targets set out in stone or on my fucking whim which incurs an instant ban.

Instant ban? How about 20+ times of breaking the one rule you posted?

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And you have every right to do that!

I'm just giving my opinion and my take on it!

I've said my peace and I'll agree that we can't agree!

I wish you and yours excellent health and continued success in all your endeavors

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You allowed it to continue when you could of easily stopped it!

Yeah, I'm real insecure, dude. If by insecure you mean, totally appalled by the fact that you'd let this site devolve into what it became when you had the power to stop it.

I'm not talking about before you got the keys to the place, or having control over anything that happens outside this site!

I'm talking about the things you did have control over and allowed to go on without stepping in sooner!
    So by your argument VA could have stopped it months earlier but chose not to?

I'm trying not to lighten the mood here by going for the cheap drummer joke?

Seriously a bunch of people here I always got on great with are clearly upset with me which is troubling but I don't think I did much if anything wrong here I think it's more about the limitations of the medium, some incorrect perceptions on what happened and me getting shit for the actions of others.

19. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-13-2014),kwame k (04-12-2014)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Regardless, it was still against my better judgment to engage a troll head-on that was going to do the things that the fucker did.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'll give you that.

For a few days maybe a week in the case of Flappo I chose to delete rather than ban.

At the time I was trying behind the scenes to broker a deal between the sites and merge them. I was also trying to negotiate with Flappo and Warf and whoever.

It didn't work. I tried and in hindsight it was futile.

I then banned Flappo for the weekend because I couldn't guarantee I would be around to delete anything he put up, he responded by posting shit about me on the Donnie/Warf/ZahZoo site which they took down.

I then banned him permanently.

Going back to the coward thing which is pissing me off as a foolhardy Scottish idiot, that makes me the guy that has ended up banning the most crazy dangerous interminable troll from two sites now.

How did me of all people, someone he seems to actually kind of like end up with that job out of all the mods and webmasters it always ends up being me pulling the trigger?

Coward? Hmmm...
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-12-2014 at 08:59 PM.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So by your argument VA could have stopped it months earlier but chose not to?

I'm trying not to lighten the mood here by going for the cheap drummer joke?

Seriously a bunch of people here I always got on great with are clearly upset with me which is troubling but I don't think I did much if anything wrong here I think it's more about the limitations of the medium, some incorrect perceptions on what happened and me getting shit for the actions of others.
    You know what, buddy!

It could of been handled a lot better by everyone involved, me included!

I'm done with it.......I've gotten it all off my chest and the way I feel right now is to stop it and move on!

Maybe I just needed to vent a bit because this was my home and I spent a ton of free time and yes, work time, with you guys and felt like we put the function in dysfunction

To see this place spiral the way it did was beyond belief........wow, glad that's over and as far as I'm concerned.......I'm over it and done posting about it!

23. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (04-14-2014)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Great!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Look forward to you posting again even if they are a bit out of time.

26. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (04-12-2014)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I then banned him permanently.

Going back to the coward thing which is pissing me off as a foolhardy Scottish idiot, that makes me the guy that has ended up banning the most crazy dangerous interminable troll from two sites now.

How did me of all people, someone he seems to actually kind of like end up with that job out of all the mods and webmasters it always ends up being me pulling the trigger?

Coward? Hmmm...
    You know what.......never looked at it that way!

I apologize for the coward remark but I stand by the pussy bitch comment

OK.....that's it.....I'm done posting about this!

28. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (04-12-2014)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,999 Posts

I love you all.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Look forward to you posting again even if they are a bit out of time.
    You silly fool......I'm always a sucker for drummer jokes

That's it.....I'm never posting in this thread again!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    I love you all.
    Oh look it's the fucking cavalry...

32. 2 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-13-2014),ZahZoo (04-13-2014)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm going to rename this thread the Seshmeister Lost Weekend.

FFS.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Oh look it's the fucking cavalry...
    I think we ALL can agree on the following:

1] In your mind, you did the best you could with the situation you took on voluntarily

2] In some of our minds, you could have handled it better

3] Flappo is a fucking wack job, IRL [joe rogan!!!]

4] Warf is a drunk, and always will be

5] Von is a dick.

See?....we're well on our way to Detente

35. Thanked LoungeMachine for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (04-12-2014)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This might even make WARF start drinking again......it did me

37. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

WARF (04-12-2014)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

to soon

39. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (04-12-2014)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 03:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,469 Posts

I'm going to rename this thread the Seshmeister Lost Weekend.

FFS.
    This thread is about ME, not your fucking hip!

41. 7 users say thank you to WARF for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (04-12-2014),kwame k (04-12-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (04-14-2014),Romeo Delight (04-12-2014),Seshmeister (04-12-2014),vandeleur (04-12-2014),ZahZoo (04-13-2014)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This might even make WARF start drinking again......it did me
    I relapsed two pages ago.

44. 2 users say thank you to WARF for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (04-12-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (04-14-2014)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    to soon

Possibly.......I just cracked open a bottle of single malt

It's either going to be a.....I love you guys night or STFU you ignorant slut kinda night!

Too soon to tell!

46. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

vandeleur (04-12-2014)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeMachine View Post

2] In some of our minds, you could have handled it better
    Yes, he could have.

5] Von is a dick.
    I still love you.

48. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

LoungeMachine (04-12-2014)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    I relapsed two pages ago.
    Thank God.......lets go get some hookers and blow then

50. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

WARF (04-12-2014)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I am not sure how instant ban came up. Part of the defence I guess? It is confusing but makes the argument easier to defend when misrepresented I guess. More of the same

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

See?....we're well on our way to Detente
    No.....I'm not due for a teeth cleaning for two more months!

God......your a idiot

53. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

LoungeMachine (04-12-2014)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thank God.......lets go get some hookers and blow then
    Sorry bro!

I traded the hookers and blow for an e-cigarette and bottle of jergins!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 997 Posts

Any time I see a thread started by WARF I know that in a few days it'll be over 10 pages and will draw everyone that used to post here like flies to shit.

Sesh wasn't the one to let it go on. When he unbanned people we expected there to be a week or two of crazy and people would get it out of their system (oh the ironicy) and it would be over with. There were a lot of things edited out in those two weeks - I know, because I did a lot of the editing.

Ultimately, it was Sarge's site, and his rules. No banning, but no personal info and no racist shit. That came a long time after the no banning rule. Sarge's vision was that you stated your take and if someone curb stomped your sorry ass for it, well, that's your own damn fault. That was a long time before facebook and everything else, and it was at a time where people around here more or less acted like adult assholes, not sociopaths. It was a good rule for its time but very short sighted and left a lot of people ill-equipped to handle the sociopaths that eventually started and escalated the mess here.

Well before Sesh took the site over, this nonsense was going on. There was a lot of outcry over it all, and some people were banned. And then they were unbanned by Sarge. And Sarge got a lot of anger back from the team over it because a lot of us felt we were having to deal with bullshit while he was absent and he was overruling decisions that he had no insight into. And eventually, Sarge decided to hand the site off to someone else.

I totally get why people feel the whole thing wasn't handled how they thought it should be. Sesh did the fair thing (which many of you would not consider to be the just thing to do) and treated everyone equal, gave everyone a second chance, and there were people that abused that second chance and paid for it. But for better or worse, it largely solved the problem.

This whole thing only comes up and rehashes because it keeps being brought up. Great for WARF to be sorry. If no one responded to it then we wouldn't be here 11 pages later all butthurt over it. Let it go and ignore him. Post here in spite of him. We all built this place into something we loved, and we all tore it down.

There's no reason we can't go back to how things were and have fun all over again.

56. 6 users say thank you to Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-13-2014),LoungeMachine (04-12-2014),Seshmeister (04-12-2014),TFM_Dale (04-13-2014),WARF (04-12-2014),ZahZoo (04-13-2014)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    Sorry bro!

I traded the hookers and blow for an e-cigarette and bottle of jergins!
    Good.......but we can at least joke about it!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    There's no reason we can't go back to how things were and have fun all over again.
    So Ron Paul's running for something, then

Thread Information