ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Thank you Ronald Wilson Reagan (666).

He destroyed California, then he took it nationwide (with help from the BCE)
    You have no idea what you're talking about. This country's going to hell in a hand basket because of liberals and illegal aliens. We voted to quit giving handouts to illegals years ago and some liberal cocksucker judge decided that was unconstitutional. Now they're taking over everything. If Obama gives them amnesty like he wants to we're all fucked. You walk into any manufacturing facility, warehouse or machine shop in So Cal and you'll see nothing but Mexicans. When I tried to register at a community college here last year I was told I had to pay more because I had been living out of the state for a few years but I could have gotten a waiver if I was an illegal alien. What kind of horseshit is that? I was fucking born in So Cal. You think you're safe from the illegal alien invasion in Washington you're mistaken. If the BCE really existed Mexicans would take that over too.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

No offence but at your age with all the advantages you've had in life being born in the US, is it the governments fault if you haven't got yourself the skills to out compete an illegal in the jobs market?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. 5 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Angel (10-07-2014),Hardrock69 (10-08-2014),Nickdfresh (10-07-2014),vandeleur (10-07-2014),ZahZoo (10-07-2014)

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

The travesty here is c dawg would probably not have a criminal record here.
    And never have to buy a beer on ANZAC day.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well all Australians are essentially criminals.

6. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (10-10-2014)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    No offence but at your age with all the advantages you've had in life being born in the US, is it the governments fault if you haven't got yourself the skills to out compete an illegal in the jobs market?
    You don't compete with illegals for jobs here. They get the jobs because they kick back part of their salary to the person who got them the job. Most service jobs require english speakers to speak spanish too but they don't require the spanish speakers to speak english. They also hire illegals because they'll work at the same job forever without a raise and won't complain about working conditions no matter how bad they are. At the place I worked at for almost ten years the wetbacks handled sodium cyanide with no protective clothing whatsoever in a shop that averaged 160 degrees all year long. They worked 12 hours a day 7 days a week for minimum wage.
    As far as all you people who thanked Sesh, you don't live here, I do. You don't know how fucked up it really is here in So Cal. It's not an advantage to be white here unless you have friends in upper management. I don't blame the illegals for wanting to better themselves but they've lowered the standard of living and working here for everyone.
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 10-07-2014 at 07:05 PM.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    The travesty here is c dawg would probably not have a criminal record here.
    And never have to buy a beer on ANZAC day.
    I don't have a criminal record here either. I have one misdemeanor conviction from 1990. That doesn't show up on a background check. Marijuana convictions less than a felony over two years old don't show up on a background check either.

9. Thanked cadaverdog for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (10-07-2014)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    You don't compete with illegals for jobs here. They get the jobs because they kick back part of their salary to the person who got them the job. Most service jobs require english speakers to speak spanish too but they don't require the spanish speakers to speak english. They also hire illegals because they'll work at the same job forever without a raise and won't complain about working conditions no matter how bad they are. At the place I worked at for almost ten years the wetbacks handled sodium cyanide with no protective clothing whatsoever in a shop that averaged 160 degrees all year long. They worked 12 hours a day 7 days a week for minimum wage.
    As far as all you people who thanked Sesh, you don't live here, I do. You don't know how fucked up it really is here in So Cal. It's not an advantage to be white here unless you have friends in upper management. I don't blame the illegals for wanting to better themselves but they've lowered the standard of living and working here for everyone.
    Illegals can't get jobs here...so they now have "Temporary Foreign Workers". I can't get a decent part time job because of it. So...I work shit jobs at shitty pay. I'll be so glad when school is done...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Illegals can't get jobs here...so they now have "Temporary Foreign Workers". I can't get a decent part time job because of it. So...I work shit jobs at shitty pay. I'll be so glad when school is done...
    They get jobs here no problem. When they gave the last batch amnesty they opened the flood gates and let a whole shitload more in. The ones that got amnesty last time are business owners now. They only hire their own kind.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know what these advantages are you speak of. I made my living building houses and driving trucks. I can't do either one now. Trying to get an entry level job doing anything when you're 54 years old isn't easy. I don't remember blaming the government for anything. I blame the greedy employers who hire illegal aliens because they'll work for shit wages doing shit jobs. Ford said Reagan fucked California and that's bullshit. Where I lived everyone worked for defense contractors or built houses for the people who worked for defense contractors but those jobs are all gone now. When Reagan and George HW were in office there were plenty of jobs. The only jobs there now are in the service industry and if you don't speak spanish you're shit outta luck unless you want to work for Walmart. I tried that too.Worst fucking employer I ever worked for. They don't hire enough people to do the job and bitch at you constantly because of it. The guy I worked with had a stroke at 25. I was 50 when I got the job and as far as I'm concerned the job wasn't worth me having one too.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    They get jobs here no problem. When they gave the last batch amnesty they opened the flood gates and let a whole shitload more in. The ones that got amnesty last time are business owners now. They only hire their own kind.
    Immigration works if they learn to speak english and assimilate. Even better if they or the next generation get educated. Since the domestic population is having less children we need some immigration of younger people to create the next future spending boom to drive the next economic wave. The wave is driven by either immigration or births.

If they don't speak english and don't assimilate you just balkanize your country. That only leads to disaster in the future.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You have no idea what you're talking about. This country's going to hell in a hand basket because of liberals and illegal aliens. We voted to quit giving handouts to illegals years ago and some liberal cocksucker judge decided that was unconstitutional. Now they're taking over everything. If Obama gives them amnesty like he wants to we're all fucked. You walk into any manufacturing facility, warehouse or machine shop in So Cal and you'll see nothing but Mexicans. When I tried to register at a community college here last year I was told I had to pay more because I had been living out of the state for a few years but I could have gotten a waiver if I was an illegal alien. What kind of horseshit is that? I was fucking born in So Cal. You think you're safe from the illegal alien invasion in Washington you're mistaken. If the BCE really existed Mexicans would take that over too.
    It's even more fucked than that. A judge just ruled that pensions don't take priority over other creditors. Many California cities are broke and can't fund their pensions. When people find out they have no retirement it's going to go ape in the golden state. The place is a retarded basket case. It's been getting worse and worse for years. The state is in junk bond status. It's ran by a bunch of corrupt idiots. Too many people in the state are bought off to care or change anything. More illegals coming thanks to Obozo.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Well all Australians are essentially criminals.
    Since you sound like retards, and can't seem to achieve independence, I'm gonna let that one slide through to the keeper.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    I don't have a criminal record here either. I have one misdemeanor conviction from 1990. That doesn't show up on a background check. Marijuana convictions less than a felony over two years old don't show up on a background check either.
    You may not have been provided factual information to base your claim... Most criminal background checks for employment today will include everything including traffic tickets, insurance claims, tax liens and everything on your credit report. Yes, they'll pull public records back 20 years depending on the job type...

Just a couple of years ago... I got a call from an HR manager an hour before I was to go meet a new employee for employee orientation. Informed me they had decided to rescind the job offer due to excessive traffic tickets and a suspended drivers license. I challenged it... but got shot down.

They couldn't reach the woman before she showed up for her first day of work... So I had to inform her we wouldn't be hiring her. That's sucked. Poor kid broke down crying...

She was an entry level college hire... her freshman year in college in another state she got 3 tickets for illegal tint on her car windows. They were legal in her home state but not where she went to school. She failed to take care of it in the proper time and they suspended her license. Stupid kid mistake in college cost her a $48k/year job...

This is a reality in today's competitive job market and there's so many candidates for any given opening. Employers can be quite choosey...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

I don't know what these advantages are you speak of. I made my living building houses and driving trucks. I can't do either one now. Trying to get an entry level job doing anything when you're 54 years old isn't easy. I don't remember blaming the government for anything. I blame the greedy employers who hire illegal aliens because they'll work for shit wages doing shit jobs. Ford said Reagan fucked California and that's bullshit. Where I lived everyone worked for defense contractors or built houses for the people who worked for defense contractors but those jobs are all gone now. When Reagan and George HW were in office there were plenty of jobs. The only jobs there now are in the service industry and if you don't speak spanish you're shit outta luck unless you want to work for Walmart. I tried that too.Worst fucking employer I ever worked for. They don't hire enough people to do the job and bitch at you constantly because of it. The guy I worked with had a stroke at 25. I was 50 when I got the job and as far as I'm concerned the job wasn't worth me having one too.
    You should have ABSOLUTELY no problem getting a job as a CDL driver. They don't have near enough in Buffalo, they FFS don't have enough in Cali.....

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    You may not have been provided factual information to base your claim... Most criminal background checks for employment today will include everything including traffic tickets, insurance claims, tax liens and everything on your credit report. Yes, they'll pull public records back 20 years depending on the job type...

Just a couple of years ago... I got a call from an HR manager an hour before I was to go meet a new employee for employee orientation. Informed me they had decided to rescind the job offer due to excessive traffic tickets and a suspended drivers license. I challenged it... but got shot down.

They couldn't reach the woman before she showed up for her first day of work... So I had to inform her we wouldn't be hiring her. That's sucked. Poor kid broke down crying...

She was an entry level college hire... her freshman year in college in another state she got 3 tickets for illegal tint on her car windows. They were legal in her home state but not where she went to school. She failed to take care of it in the proper time and they suspended her license. Stupid kid mistake in college cost her a $48k/year job...

This is a reality in today's competitive job market and there's so many candidates for any given opening. Employers can be quite choosey...
    Then if you ran the same background checks on most top management in the average corporation they wouldn't qualify for the lower paid jobs. Really. They expect a clerk to just about be Jesus Christ but they are doing drugs, stealing, and behaving badly themselves. You have a CEO who runs a company into the ground have no problem finding the next job.

19. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (10-08-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    You should have ABSOLUTELY no problem getting a job as a CDL driver. They don't have near enough in Buffalo, they FFS don't have enough in Cali.....
    One problem. Got to have clean piss.

21. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (10-08-2014)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

3 parking tickets in a year is excessive??!!

There have been times when I was averaging 3 a week...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I have a big problem getting a license to be a CDL driver though. I can't pass a DMV physical. My eyesight's too bad. I have cataracts in both eyes and the insurance I have now won't pay for cataract surgery. I couldn't pass an eye exam in 2009 but the Louisiana DMV let me have a restricted license. When I came back here in 2011 my California license was still valid so I didn't have to take an eye test to get it back. If I tried to get a CDL they'd make me take one at the DMV here and I'd lose my class 3 license.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    One problem. Got to have clean piss.
    That's not the problem. I'd just have to wait a few more weeks. I quit smoking reefer last month.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Unless you're applying for a job that requires a security clearance in California they can only go back seven years. I don't apply for those kinds of jobs because I got busted for smoking pot in the service. I didn't lose my security clearance but I probably should have. I could no longer carry a firearm or be part of the security force but I was still allowed to shoot the 5" deck guns. They even sent me to Naval Gunfire Support school after I got busted. I just had to complete a drug abuse program first which required me to take a drug test twice a week for a month. If I had failed another drug test I would have gotten the boot. The Navy changed their drug policy after that and started booting out first time offenders but it wasn't retroactive.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    and still on dial up..
    Nope.

27. 2 users say thank you to Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (10-09-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (10-10-2014)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

That's not the problem. I'd just have to wait a few more weeks. I quit smoking reefer last month.
    At least you quit. People ask me all the time if we're hiring, and I usually jokingly ask if they can pass a drug test. Most of them say "aw, forget it." Hey, they wanna live with their mom for another few years, fine by me.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think that's a shit thing about the US.

Employers have way too much power. It's not enough you are often reliant on them for your healthcare and they don't give you much leave they also insist on what you can do when you aren't even at work.

30. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Angel (10-09-2014)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    At least you quit. People ask me all the time if we're hiring, and I usually jokingly ask if they can pass a drug test. Most of them say "aw, forget it." Hey, they wanna live with their mom for another few years, fine by me.
    If it was an option I wouldn't but I prefer to keep my options open when I'm looking for a job. I didn't always think that way and it cost me one of the best jobs I ever had. I passed the pee pee test to get the job with the help of some vitamins but I had to go back the day after I got hired and take another one. I wasn't prepared the second time and came up positive for THC. My boss didn't want to fire me but he had no choice. I actually ended up getting an even better job and one of the vendors I had to deal with was the company that fired me. I'm just lucky my former boss was cool and didn't rat me out to my new boss.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Employers have way too much power. It's not enough you are often reliant on them for your healthcare and they don't give you much leave they also insist on what you can do when you aren't even at work.
    What's even worse is some companies don't even offer you medical insurance but they demand a doctors note if you call in sick.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

I agree. They can only do alcohol and drug testing here if you are working around heavy equipment.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That was the nice thing about Progressive. The chairman and CEO was big behind the "legalize it" movement. No testing for anything. Beers at lunch!

At the current gig blowing a .02 BAC will get one fired. If I compared company policies to politics, it would be a VERY conservative organization. Progressive was very liberal.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

I have not been drug tested in 14 years. I am in an industry where my abilities are in very high demand, with not many people being good at what I do, and I do not work out in the shop.

I have the best of both worlds. Have my own office so I can shut the door while I work and blast out the music, and I can wear jeans and old torn up t-shirts to work. And I get paid well.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I get called over for a "random" test about once a year. Last year I got called the day after I was there for my annual hearing test. I could have pissed in the soundproof box!

Went early one early January Monday morning and told the hag in charge she was wasting her time...she puffs up all proud and informs me that I'd be surprised how many people she catches after a big football weekend. That was her second mistake. We were on third shift at the time and I slept through all the football games that Sunday.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

I agree. They can only do alcohol and drug testing here if you are working around heavy equipment.
    We used to have a similar deal until some witty Union person brought about some action claiming it was discrimination in the weak assumption it would get stopped . Now the whole business gets tested .

Ta da

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It's crazy... I have to be tested because I manage people who are required to be tested. I don't perform nor even have access to do any of the critical work functions.

To make it even worse... I'm accused of being drunk and disorderly all the time just because I'm "management" even if I'm as sober as a Baptist minister on a Sunday morning... Go figure!!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

as sober as a Baptist minister on a Sunday morning...
    Is that really such a good analogy?

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It works really good down here in the Bible belt...

I can see where you modern, global thinkers might throw stones at that analogy. It's packed tight with irony, innuendo and ripe for ridicule!!

41. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Hardrock69 (10-09-2014)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He never met my grandfather. Not only was he a boozer, he used the pulpit to get pussy. He dumped my grandmother for another woman from the church and married her after he got her pregnant and her brother threatened to kill him. When my dad was older and asked what happened to his real mother he told him she died. My dad didn't find out he had lied until his real mother was on her death bed.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You can still be tested and fired for pot even if it's legal in the state you live in. Some companies make their employees sign something saying they won't use marijuana as a condition of employment. Some guy in Washington got fired after they showed him buying the first bag of legal weed where he lived. He had signed an agreement with the temp agency he worked for saying he wouldn't.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You weed enthusiasts need to be reminded... it's illegal still at a federal level. We live not only in a global economy, but most companies with employees across the US will not change their policies on drug use for employees in states where weed is legal either medically or for recreational use.

Why would any legitimate employer want to hire or retain employees performing their job impaired by drug usage..?

45. 2 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Kristy (10-10-2014),Nitro Express (10-10-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Smart phones are like toilet paper. They are overpriced and disposable. They get the job done. Some people like to pay more for the nicer stuff.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You weed enthusiasts need to be reminded... it's illegal still at a federal level. We live not only in a global economy, but most companies with employees across the US will not change their policies on drug use for employees in states where weed is legal either medically or for recreational use.

Why would any legitimate employer want to hire or retain employees performing their job impaired by drug usage..?
    Pretty much. Even corporations where the CEO is doing drugs won't hire you. Lower tiered employees can't use drugs but top management can. Do you really think the new CEO had to take a drug test? So do well in school and learn to butt kiss well. If you make it to the top then you can do your drugs and even afford them without prostituting yourself out or dealing them yourself.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I have a relative who is a commercial airline pilot. It's pure stupidity what he has to go through. He even has to go through the TSA screening. One time they squeezed out all his toothpaste. He said, "I fly the plane. We have a firearm and a fire axe in the cockpit with us. I'm sure that just made everyone on the plane safer."

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There's laws in this country that protect people from self incrimination. When it comes to drug testing those laws go right out the window. Alkies can drink themselves half to death when they're not at work and nobody gives a fuck but smoking a joint at a rock concert over the weekend is a firing offense. Are alkies less dangerous or less incompetent if they're not drinking on the job?

50. Thanked cadaverdog for this KICKASS post:

Angel (10-11-2014)

Thread Information