X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monkeeman
    Groupie
    • Jul 2012

Sringsteen covers Jump

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Not good.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Better than any Van Hagar version, by far. Not as good as Billy Idol's cover.

Not sure why he would play this in Dallas of all places though....... Bruce has been doing a lot of covers in his set on the current tour, but he usually picks a song from a band that's native to the city he's playing in.

Like playing "Highway to Hell" and "Staying Alive" when he was in Australia, for example.

If he had played a Van Halen song at a gig in LA, it would have been expected in that context. Not sure why he would play it in Dallas. Probably should have gone with a Buddy Holly cover. Or Roy Orbison maybe. He was a huge influence on The Boss, so that would have been appropriate.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

That was terrible glad it stopped , the key board sound actually made me laugh it was do cheap .
      Tho I was looking forward to the boss doing the solo
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I can play the keys better than that and I am no musician. How many people are on that stage?
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Zing!
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

Cool the Boss would cover that tune - but just like any CVH song, it just doesn't sound right if Dave ain't singing.
          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

So bad.. The keyboard player deserves to be beaten. How do you fuck that one up?? How about that timing when the band comes in? Yikes!!
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Zing!
              Cool the Boss would cover that tune - but just like any CVH song, it just doesn't sound right if Dave ain't singing.
              Oddly enough, Bruce's vocal take was the best part of it. I like where he went with it, just not the rest of his squad.

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                Oddly enough, Bruce's vocal take was the best part of it. I like where he went with it, just not the rest of his squad.
                Yeah.. it's like they had never heard it or practiced it.. ever. There are like 4 guitars up there and it sounds thin - what the hell?
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• qikgts
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

That was miserable. Total train wreck from the start.
                  You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• mug
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                    Better than any Van Hagar version, by far. Not as good as Billy Idol's cover.

Not sure why he would play this in Dallas of all places though....... Bruce has been doing a lot of covers in his set on the current tour, but he usually picks a song from a band that's native to the city he's playing in.

Like playing "Highway to Hell" and "Staying Alive" when he was in Australia, for example.

If he had played a Van Halen song at a gig in LA, it would have been expected in that context. Not sure why he would play it in Dallas. Probably should have gone with a Buddy Holly cover. Or Roy Orbison maybe. He was a huge influence on The Boss, so that would have been appropriate.
                    Because it relates to basketball the ncaa tourney. Which my badgers should have won.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Shit, your badgers got two games handed to them in the last 10 seconds by lame officiating.

Forgot about the Final Four being in Dallas. I guess that makes sense.......
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

Is that really Springsteen??? The thread title reads "Sringsteen"... Must be a lookalike...

Anyway, if that ix him, well he's in for an old farts' home now.

And yes, the keyboards sound is hilarious! Real Bontempi vintage.
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Poor Bruce. What a fucktoid. The dude can only milk the Tom Morello 'Tom Joad' shit for so long. 64 going on 25 and like most of you cretins still lives in 1985. Stick a pick hammer in his nutsack and feed him to Chris Christie.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

fucking up the keyboard intro to jump is like fucking up the riff to smoke on the water. they keyboard player deserves to be hung from the stage for playing that shitty and for making a fucking KURZWEIL sound like that piece of shit...

Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                              Is that really Springsteen??? The thread title reads "Sringsteen"... Must be a lookalike...

Anyway, if that ix him, well he's in for an old farts' home now.

And yes, the keyboards sound is hilarious! Real Bontempi vintage.
                              bontempi sprang in my mind, too when I heard the first seconds!
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...