X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    This was the last muscle car I built. When my Wife's health started failing, I had to sell it. This was an original 383 (not an original R/T) car. I changed it to a 440. I had $10k in just the engine.

That Pontiac in my neighbor's garage is still in that same position. He just turned 60, and claims he is going to restore it "someday". He won't. I have offered to help him, and he always has an excuse. Money is not an issue with him.

Man. I remember those Pontiac front ends. I was a passenger in a VW Rabbit that happened to get rear ended by a drunk indian driving a Pontiac beast of a station wagon with that very front end on it. Ah, the Rabbit did fair too well. LOL! Holy shit. I'm glad I had my seat belt on because I probably would have gone through the windshield.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

This was the last muscle car I built.
      1971 must have been the pinnacle of Detroit muscle.

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
        Pretty much. '72 and '73 were okay. Mopar had some nice cars. Generic Motors had the 2nd Gen Camaro and Firebird. Ford still had some decent stuff. But that was the very end.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

In my opinion the greatest eras of car design were the 30's and the 60's. They really designed some beautiful american cars in the 60's. When the government safety standards started to go in effect in the 70's car designers couldn't be so creative. Big bumpers started to appear and then higher gas mileage standards had to be met. The arab oil embargo killed the classic muscle car.

In the 60's car designers didn't have to design to meet regulations, they designed for the art of it. That's why those cars look great.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Pretty much. '72 and '73 were okay. Mopar had some nice cars. Generic Motors had the 2nd Gen Camaro and Firebird. Ford still had some decent stuff. But that was the very end.
            In the 60's Chrysler was the premier engineering company. I always thought their cars lacked in asthetics but man did they have great engines and transmissions. Far superior to the others. The old Chrysler Imperials were superior cars to anything Rolls-Royce put out. They just never sold well. There seems to be collectors interest in them now.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

.....crickets.....
              Retard...

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

The Mustang II was really the end of the muscle era as well as the entire Mustang program. Probably the ugliest god damn car ever to be built (next to the Vega).

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  Retard...
                  Does anyone else hear that..? Sounds like a parrot squawking.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I think they have done a good job of remaking the muscle car vibe. The new cars have lots of power, get better mileage, and look pretty decent. They handle better than the old originals do. But you aren't going to shade tree mechanic one. I doubt they will last as long. Plastic and computers seem to have a limited life. Metal as long as it doesn't rust away lasts longer and can be reshaped and repaired. We make disposable cars now. They are like disposable shavers. When they no longer do the job you toss it and get an new one.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

The Mustang II was really the end of the muscle era as well as the entire Mustang program. Probably the ugliest god damn car ever to be built (next to the Vega).

My girlfriend in high school drove one of those. LOL! Yeah. The whole mid to late 70's sucked. That car represents the suckyness of it all. Everything sucked including the music on the radio.

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Actually the other version of the Mustang II was even uglier....

Looked like a Pinto had sex with a Ford Maverick and that was the resulting offspring.
                        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

That's hideous.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Does anyone else hear that..? Sounds like a parrot squawking.
                            That was your tranny tape popping lose when you farted...

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              We make disposable cars now.
                              Yes we do.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

It was the begining of dark times. Wide polyester ties. Horrid looking hair. Butterfly collars. Platform shoes. In a few years disco would rear it's ugly head. They wanted to make everything look like an acid trip. Lime green shag carpet and bright orange wall paper on the walls.

Comment

Working...