X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

AC/DC to split?

AC/DC may be announcing their retirement as soon as Tuesday, according to media reports. The famous rock band, which formed in 1973, is one of the most popular and highest-grossing bands of all time.

AC/DC to split: report

Caroline Zielinski and Bernard Zuel April 15, 2014

Malcom Young (right) is suspected of being in too poor health to continue with AC/DC .. Younger brother Angus Young, left, is also in the iconic rock group. Photo: AP

AC/DC may be announcing their retirement as soon as Tuesday, according to media reports. The famous rock band, which formed in 1973, is one of the most popular and highest-grossing bands of all time.

Sources close to the band have confirmed that guitarist and songwriter Malcolm Young, 61, has returned to Australia with his family. He is believed to be unable to continue playing, although there has not been any explanation why.
    Entertainment commentator Peter Ford told radio station 3AW on Tuesday morning that after last year's talk of a tour, nothing has been announced since.

Donna Demaio @donnademaio
    how do we confirm or unconfirm the unconfirmed reports that maybe AC/DC could be possibly considering retirement? #rumour

Peter Ford @mrpford
    @donnademaio there is a sad story behind all this that I have chosen not to report ...boys played together privately a few weeks back
    "The suggestion is being put to me that tour will never happen and we will never see AC/DC perform again or record again," he said.

The rumour mill soon added that this was due to a terminal illness.
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

How sad, whatever what is happening... I just hope it isn't too serious for Malcolm, but I'm afraid it is after reading this, and knowing how much he has given to music on and off stage for all these glorious years. He has paid so much more than his dues to rock 'n' roll...

Long live AC/DC and the Young Bros.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

He's pickled...

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Yeah these rumours are all over twitter .

Fucking sad if they are true
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

Maybe he hasn't sobered up for decades, but he deserves a damn lot of respect and sympathy for all he's given to music, everything he got that is - OK, he earned dozens of millions for that, but he never stole that money.
          I sincerely hope he will get better, no matter if AC/DC is done or not.

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

After reading about the recording of Black Ice, when Brian Johnson only sang for a couple hours a day so he didn't strain his voice, retirement doesn't surprise me. I had said at the time if one wanted to see AC/DC they probably had better do it, as it could be the last tour.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Damn that sucks. Still holding out hope they might have an album left in them. I thought Black Ice was great, and Stiff Upper Lip and Ballbreaker are what I listen to most nowadays by them. Glad I saw them in 91.
              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

They top my short list of bands that I have no idea why I never saw when I could have.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Saw 'em in '86 on the Who Made Who tour...
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Can't say I'm surprised.....

They release albums less often than Boston anymore. Brian's voice is shot (and there's apparently medical reasons behind that, not just years of cigarettes and alcohol).

Hadn't heard anything about Malcolm having medical issues before this, and it's certainly a sad thing if that's why they are done, but I didn't expect for them to be around much longer anyway. Even earlier stories about this supposedly upcoming tour were reading suspiciously like a "farewell tour" to me.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by FORD

They release albums less often than Boston anymore.
                      I was thinking of that other band Van something or other.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Glad I saw them open for Cheap Trick at the Century II Convention Center in Wichita, KS in 1979, where I took this photo.

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

There's Malcolm! I sure hope the terminal illness rumors aren't true!

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Rumour has it he suffered a stroke...
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Rumour has it ??

Comment

Working...