Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I got this from Rick Nielson at that show.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Von despite all your hard work to prove otherwise you might just be a cool fucker

....... Sometimes
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
        Von despite all your hard work to prove otherwise you might just be a cool fucker

....... Sometimes
        No, I'm an asshole. Ask Twona. Or Shoes. Or DiverDownInKKKy. Or Wiki Nicki. Or any of the other crazy fuckers from around here that have actually met me.

It's a shame AC/DC didn't get mentioned on this stub, but they were the opening act. As good as Cheap Trick was, AC/DC blew them away that night.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Cool, I will take their word for it but you have some canny pics
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Well fuck Vonny....you got to see Bon Scott with ac/dc...nice...

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I think Von wants us to say the sun shines out his ass.

Well, I ain't gonna say it!
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                i think von wants us to say the sun shines out his ass.
                never!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

Thank God for Bon Scott: Let's let the band warm up again for him in rock and roll heaven.

I am sure he will welcome them with open arms in the hall of fame. Fuck Kiss.
                  Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-15-2014, 10:29 PM. Reason: Just makes me love Wolfie even more....when we started out back in the HS day we liked two guitarists....Thank God Wolfie is in the band. Saved us from "Whom the Bell Tolls". Back in VH is
                  Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Heaven?

Yeah, I don't think so.......
                    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • May 2010

Let Cupid sort 'em out.

Originally posted by Satan
                      Heaven?

Yeah, I don't think so.......
                      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

I feel sad for Malcolm first and foreall of course, and the band, for that would be too bad an ending indeed.

This just IMO:
                        They've given so much to rock 'n' roll - but music-wise, there isn't that much more left for them to offer.
                        The best they've ever done is way behind - the Bon Scott years.
                        I've never liked Brian Johnson's voice, though I like the guy for who he is and how he helped the band carry on quite soon after Scott's death.
                        Bon was such a vocalist, and such a lyricist, as well as such a performer... Voice-wise, the Young Bros' choice was questionable.
                        Angus and Malcolm were able to take further their miraculous riff workshop, and (apart from the Simon Wright and Chris Slade intermezzos) the Phil Rudd/Cliff Williams rhythm duet remained their (way underrated) chrome rails.
                        "Back in Black" would have been perfect with Bon Scott singing; I've always dug the album as much as Johnson's vocals have always made me make faces.
                        "For those about to rock" contains a few tunes that could have been gems had Johnson not sung them.
                        Side 1 of "Flick of the switch" was great - and the vids from the 1983 tour I've seen show Johnson in great vocal shape. Maybe he fucked his voice during that tour?
                        "Fly on the wall", apart from the videos that kicked ass, was a real wreck.
                        The "Who made who" tunes were even worse. Sounds like automatic riffing and songriting to me;
                        I think "Razor's edge" is what they've done best with Brian Johnson, it's well-balanced and never disappointing, my fave anyway.
                        "Ballbreaker" was good (which is a great album generally speaking).
                        "Black ice" sounds as if it had been made with gap fillers only...

Let Malcolm Young get better, he deserves it, but if AC/DC call it quits nonetheless it will be a pity for the way they do, not for the music they could have recorded.
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Brian Johnson silences AC/DC split rumours

WENN.COM

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:14:15 PDT AM

(L-R) Malcolm Young, Cliff Williams, Angus Young and Brian Johnson of AC/DC.

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson has silenced rumours of an impending split by insisting the band still plans to hit the studio in May to record new material.

The Back In Black hitmakers were thrust into the spotlight this week when reports emerged suggesting they were planning to announce their retirement due to the failing health of one of the bandmembers.

Johnson has now spoken out to assure fans the group still plans to honour a commitment to begin recording sessions in Vancouver in May, however, he does concede that one of the musicians is suffering from a "debilitating illness".

He tells Telegraph.co.uk, "We are definitely getting together in May in Vancouver. We're going to pick up some guitars, have a plonk, and see if anybody has got any tunes or ideas. If anything happens, we'll record it."

He adds of the future of the band, "I wouldn't like to say anything either way about the future. I'm not ruling anything out. One of the boys has a debilitating illness, but I don't want to say too much about it. He is very proud and private, a wonderful chap. We've been pals for 35 years and I look up to him very much."

Johnson has previously insisted the group planned an ambitious tour to mark their 40th anniversary in the music industry, but he admits he has no idea whether it will still go ahead: "That would be a wonderful way to say bye bye. We would love to do it. But it's all up in the air at the moment."
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Now maybe it's Phil Rudd - who's missing on the pic - who got that "debilitating illness"? And Malcolm who can't play anymore because of that clot in his brain - must the riffing function... oops, sorry, it ain't fun.

I eventually think it would be great if they could record some final stuff, perform live a little and celebrate their 40th anniversary as they deserve it, rather than split because they would have to without picking up instruments.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

On the AC/DC FB page:

After forty years of life dedicated to AC/DC, guitarist and founding member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health. Malcolm would like to thank the group’s diehard legions of fans worldwide for their never-ending love and support.

In light of this news, AC/DC asks that Malcolm and his family’s privacy be respected during this time. The band will continue to make music.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Malcolm has cancer or the very least severe cirrhosis of the liver. Fuck him.

Comment

Working...