Who Gives A Fuck How Many Black Players Are In The MLB?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Remember getting a new mitt for your birthday or chirstmas? Man. It was a ritual trying to break those things in. All the old timers had their secrets. Once you got it broke in the way you liked it man it was heaven. Then you always had your lucky bat too.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      Remember getting a new mitt for your birthday or chirstmas? Man. It was a ritual trying to break those things in. All the old timers had their secrets. Once you got it broke in the way you liked it man it was heaven. Then you always had your lucky bat too.
      first pair of cleats was really cool too
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
        If you want to inspire African American kids to play baseball...
        Can't say I do...

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

And if there was a sport that needed more "integration".... it's probably hockey, eh?
          How 'bout you lib-tards just leave well enough alone for a change...

The world doesn't need you trying to think for others...

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I don't get all this talk of College baseball... most kids are scouted/recruited out of high school and few ever see a college campus.

I think twona summed it up best on the first page of this thread. There's no place for inner city kids to develop their skills. Secondly... blacks in baseball don't get the glamor lifestyle played up like football & basketball athletes receive... so there's a lack of cultural draw. Why's no one crying about the lack of Asians in baseball? The Japanese seem to love the sport...

NASCAR has had a similar program/committee crap for increasing the minority presence in the sport... they also struggle to land very few Hispanics, Asians and Blacks. I think a big part of it is social-economic based for early skills development... most minorities learn how to steal cars... not drive them.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• VetteLS5
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
              our neighbor hood little league team was sponsored by the local liquor store
              Your team?

images.1.JPG

Comment

• VetteLS5
                Commando
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Rub the glove with that tung oil stuff, put a baseball in the web, squeeze it down as hard as you can and wrap with heavy gauge rubber bands and then let it sit for at least 2 weeks.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

I'll bet you would have sided with the sheet wearing sisterfuckers who protested Jackie Robinson when he joined the Major Leagues, or who sent death threats to Hank Aaron when he was about to break Babe Ruth's record.....

"Dear ****** Henry,
                  You are (not) going to break this record established by the great Babe Ruth if I can help it. ... Whites are far more superior than jungle bunnies. . My gun is watching your every black move."
                  Seriously, you want to defend that mentality?
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

I'll bet you would have sided with the sheet wearing sisterfuckers who protested Jackie Robinson when he joined the Major Leagues, or who sent death threats to Hank Aaron when he was about to break Babe Ruth's record.....

Seriously, you want to defend that mentality?
                    Elvis helped write the fucking letter.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      I don't get all this talk of College baseball... most kids are scouted/recruited out of high school and few ever see a college campus.
                      No, I disagree with that.

Yes, they may be scouted and/recruited out of high school, but even if they are drafted by a MLB team, unless they're drafted pretty high, say in the first 10 rounds or so, most high school kids do not sign with their drafted team, and instead take the college scholarship. The money offered in those low draft picks are relatively peanuts. We're mostly talking about studs who are lucky enough to have that scholarship(s) as a backup plan.

And this ties back to the topic.... IMO it's just a much more difficult path, as compared to basketball or football, for any kid, regardless of color, to make it to the pros in baseball.

And that is the reason.
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Also, college baseball doesn't get nearly the media attention that college football or basketball do, so it's not like the college baseball players have their names out there like the Heisman Trophy winner, or the kid that scored the winning basket at the Final Four, or whatever.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          NASCAR has had a similar program/committee crap for increasing the minority presence in the sport... they also struggle to land very few Hispanics, Asians and Blacks. I think a big part of it is social-economic based for early skills development... most minorities learn how to steal cars... not drive them.
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

And if there was a sport that needed more "integration".... it's probably hockey, eh?
                            No, not at all.
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Also, college baseball doesn't get nearly the media attention that college football or basketball do, so it's not like the college baseball players have their names out there like the Heisman Trophy winner, or the kid that scored the winning basket at the Final Four, or whatever.
                                Overall I agree with you. But the College World Series is always fantastic.....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...