Who Gives A Fuck How Many Black Players Are In The MLB?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Who Gives A Fuck How Many Black Players Are In The MLB?

Why the fuck is the media making such a big deal about there only being 67 black players in Major League baseball?

Now they are going to run special programs to try to get more blacks in baseball? Are you fucking kidding me?

What a fucking joke. If they were interested in fucking baseball, there'd be more in the Major League's.
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I don't expect any of you politically correct pussies to weigh in on this.

Here's an exert from an article on MLB.com.

"Major League Baseball recently named Sternberg as the chairman of an On-Field Diversity Task Force designed to make the game more attractive to African-American players and personnel, and he spoke passionately Tuesday about the mission to make the game more inclusive on all levels."

Here's how they can make it more attractive to "African-American players".

Make the white lines out of cocaine.
    Allow them to carry guns in the field.
    Allow fat white chics in the dugout.
    Free 24" rims for their donks.
    Shorten the season. (No brotha wants to work 162 days a year!)

I'm sure I'm missing some obvious ideas.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

They've been talking about this for years. Young black kids supposedly don't get into baseball because:

There isn't enough open space in many inner city neighborhoods to play baseball
      You need more than one person to play baseball, where a kid can shoot hoops all by himself all day long
      More costly equipment needed for baseball instead of just a ball and likely a city-owned hoop

And then kids watch football and basketball players thrive in college and go pro, but NCAA baseball doesn't get the same exposure. AND every year there is at least one story about how starting the World Series games at 8 or 9 pm keeps young kids from staying up and watching the game, and therefore not making these brats fans of the game.

If the media mentions the lack of black kids playing baseball, it's usually compared to the number of Latin American players in MLB. But further south they have structured leagues and winter ball and seem to have a way to develop talent, which isn't happening in the inner city.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

There are plenty of black players in the MLB, most of whom are from the Dominican Republic.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

They may have been talking about it for years, but now they established a committee for it. Fucking bullshit. What would Al Sharpton and those fucks like him, say if the NFL established a committee to get more white players in the NFL?

The National Championship game started at 9:00 pm. The NBA Finals come on late a lot of the time.

All of the city owned hoops in Detroit are broke, because those fuckhead kids don't take care of anything.

NCAA baseball doesn't get the exposure. That, and the NBA and NFL are immediate pay days. In the MLB you have to for the most part, work your way up. Which might mean years in the minors making little money. However, the percentage of kids "making it" in any sport, is very, very small.

The best commercial the NCAA made, was the one where the student athlete talks about how many student athletes there are, and how many of them will never play professionally.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
            There are plenty of black players in the MLB, most of whom are from the Dominican Republic.
            Those don't count. They aren't "African-American".

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Can we get more white guys into basketball? Blacks don't seem to love hockey, golf, any winter Olympic sport or swimming... is that next? The baseball thing is beyond ridiculous.
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                Those don't count. They aren't "African-American".
                I was going to say that too. My cousin is married to a Jamaican, and I'm pretty sure if someone called her "black" they'd get an earful they aren't likely to forget for a long time.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Yeah, I've never agreed with the notion that any blacks are being "prevented" from playing baseball....

Bottom line is that unless you're a fucking stud, and can get drafted by MLB straight out of high school, baseball is MUCH, MUCH harder to succeed.... And it's THAT that has shifted their focus to basketball and football, and away from baseball....

I just went through this with my youngest son... If you're a good baseball player, let's say you're a borderline Division I college baseball prospect, it is very difficult to get any portion of a scholarship... Division I college baseball only gets 13.7 scholarships for it's entire 35 man roster !!...... So even if you do get a chunk of a scholarship, it may only be 25%....

Division II I believe only gets 9 scholarships, and Division III doesn't give any at all.... Now those schools utilize other forms of assistance (grants, etc.) to offset that, they just don't "call" it scholarships....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Yeah, I've never agreed with the notion that any blacks are being "prevented" from playing baseball....

Bottom line is that unless you're a fucking stud, and can get drafted by MLB straight out of high school, baseball is MUCH, MUCH harder to succeed.... And it's THAT that has shifted their focus to basketball and football, and away from baseball....

I just went through this with my youngest son... If you're a good baseball player, let's say you're a borderline Division I college baseball prospect, it is very difficult to get any portion of a scholarship... Division I college baseball only gets 13.7 scholarships for it's entire 35 man roster !!...... So even if you do get a chunk of a scholarship, it may only be 25%....

Division II I believe only gets 9 scholarships, and Division III doesn't give any at all.... Now those schools utilize other forms of assistance (grants, etc.) to offset that, they just don't "call" it scholarships....
                    Oh yeah. Look at how many student athletes there are, and then look and how many of them are on scholarship. An extremely small percentage, and even less of a percentage are on a full ride.

Comment

• VetteLS5
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2012

All of the city owned hoops in Detroit are broke, because those fuckhead kids don't take care of anything.
                      images.1.JPG

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Comment

• VetteLS5
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2012

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2009

I don't expect any of you politically correct pussies to weigh in on this.

Here's an exert from an article on MLB.com.

"Major League Baseball recently named Sternberg as the chairman of an On-Field Diversity Task Force designed to make the game more attractive to African-American players and personnel, and he spoke passionately Tuesday about the mission to make the game more inclusive on all levels."

Here's how they can make it more attractive to "African-American players".

Make the white lines out of cocaine.
                            Allow them to carry guns in the field.
                            Allow fat white chics in the dugout.
                            Free 24" rims for their donks.
                            Shorten the season. (No brotha wants to work 162 days a year!)

I'm sure I'm missing some obvious ideas.
                            I am sure I am considered a politically correct pussy but I think it is ludicrous to even think players are overlooked because of their nationality in any sport. If a player can help a team win they will find a job, no matter who they stabbed, raped, robbed, or sold drugs to.

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                              I am sure I am considered a politically correct pussy but I think it is ludicrous to even think players are overlooked because of their nationality in any sport. If a player can help a team win they will find a job, no matter who they stabbed, raped, robbed, or sold drugs to.
                              Then why do they need a committee to figure out why, according to MLB, there aren't enough black players playing?

Comment

Working...