Who Gives A Fuck How Many Black Players Are In The MLB?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Remember getting a new mitt for your birthday or chirstmas? Man. It was a ritual trying to break those things in. All the old timers had their secrets. Once you got it broke in the way you liked it man it was heaven. Then you always had your lucky bat too.
    I still have the first bat I got. It fits nicely between a car seat and door.

Got a Rick Manning bat from an Indians doubleheader in the early 80's...Tribe was gettin' killed in the second game, so we left early and listened to the rest of it on the radio on the way home. You could hear kids hitting the press box with their new bats! Guy's tryin' to talk though all the noise...
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom
      No, FORD hates him because Gay Rod didn't help the poor Mariners win a championship, and happened to go to a rich team with money to burn and championships to win.
      Except they actually had a better season AFTER he left. So there goes that theory.......
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Fuck baseball

and

Fuck sports in general.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

"Take your hands out you fucking idiot. That's not what I meant by douchebag."

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

"I just blew the ref for the first down. So...who's next?"

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Can't remember who posted stuff I wanted to quote and too lazy to look...

The minor league guys don't make much money. Sure, when they get called up they get the big league treatment, but sticking around is not guaranteed. The Indians have an A team not too far from downtown. Some of those players stay with host families when not on the road. Maybe it gets better in double and triple A teams. There's also a Frontier League team on the far west side, their salary cap is $72k and the league minimum is $600 a month. Their park holds 5000. The majority of those players stay with host families.

My friend's kid is 12 and plays on a traveling team. He's pretty good, but my friend knows that the big opportunity is probably not coming but the kid loves to play.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mushroom
                Commando
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FORD
                Except they actually had a better season AFTER he left. So there goes that theory.......
                Yes their two best seasons after he left but they started rising to their greatest incompetency thereafter.

But that doesn't matter, I think we both agree Gay Rod is a punk ass bitch

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                  Can't remember who posted stuff I wanted to quote and too lazy to look...

The minor league guys don't make much money. Sure, when they get called up they get the big league treatment, but sticking around is not guaranteed. The Indians have an A team not too far from downtown. Some of those players stay with host families when not on the road. Maybe it gets better in double and triple A teams. There's also a Frontier League team on the far west side, their salary cap is $72k and the league minimum is $600 a month. Their park holds 5000. The majority of those players stay with host families.

My friend's kid is 12 and plays on a traveling team. He's pretty good, but my friend knows that the big opportunity is probably not coming but the kid loves to play.

That would be me. My term was that they made "peanuts"....

My son played showcase ball for two summers. Nearly every weekend at a different university, like VA Tech, UVA, UNC, USC, Clemson, etc, playing in front of college coaches and pro scouts.....

Not cheap, though.....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

A lot of those guys are chasing a dream. The Frontier League guys have even less of a chance of getting noticed and making the bigs. I'm sure there are scouts everywhere but any more the risk of signing a guy and having him end up a bust is too great.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Got a Rick Manning bat from an Indians doubleheader in the early 80's...Tribe was gettin' killed in the second game, so we left early and listened to the rest of it on the radio on the way home. You could hear kids hitting the press box with their new bats! Guy's tryin' to talk though all the noise...
                      Yeah I still have my first bat as well. It's a little short Louisville Slugger junior bat. It would make one hell of a good car defense club. LOL!
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Mushroom
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2009

Did you hear the latest one about the Jew, the Catholic and the colored boy who went to heaven?

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

And the guy who thought he would get rich playing ball games ??

Comment

• Mushroom
                            Commando
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            And the guy who thought he would get rich playing ball games ??
                            Alright you just took that a little too far

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's funny the sports shops here sell plenty of baseball bats but very few balls...

Comment

Working...