New VH Album And Tour or Box Set DVD's Of Old Shows?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

New VH Album And Tour or Box Set DVD's Of Old Shows?

At this point in the VH saga, and your life, what would you rather see from this band?

Personally, I'd be much happier with a box set, or even one show, on Blu-Ray from the good ole days.

Don't get me wrong, I love the last album. But after watching Dave perform California Girls with Mike Love, I have zero hope his voice (or his choice of register) will improve or change on a new tour.

I've said it for a long time. Just give me the old shows on DVD. I can sit on my couch, and be in heaven.

I took this photo of Dave "stealing" the bottle of JD on August 24th, 1980 at the Bicentennial Center in Salina, KS.

a:2:{i:7171;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:7171;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"65437";s:5:"title";s:21:"New VH Album and Tour";s:5:"votes";i:14;s:6:"voters";a:14:{i:0;s:5:"22706";i:1;s:5:"11436";i:2;s:5:"28650";i:3;s:2:"84";i:4;s:4:"9373";i:5;s:5:"28556";i:6;s:3:"419";i:7;s:5:"29153";i:8;s:5:"23921";i:9;s:5:"28249";i:10;s:5:"27879";i:11;s:5:"24282";i:12;s:4:"6628";i:13;s:4:"1022";}}i:7172;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:7172;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"65437";s:5:"title";s:32:"Box Set Of Old Live Shows On DVD";s:5:"votes";i:20;s:6:"voters";a:20:{i:0;s:2:"15";i:1;s:2:"22";i:2;s:5:"12663";i:3;s:4:"9783";i:4;s:5:"20165";i:5;s:4:"3871";i:6;s:5:"22029";i:7;s:3:"232";i:8;s:4:"7609";i:9;s:5:"24706";i:10;s:2:"61";i:11;s:4:"8719";i:12;s:5:"28463";i:13;s:5:"25602";i:14;s:5:"29270";i:15;s:5:"11163";i:16;s:5:"28716";i:17;s:4:"4089";i:18;s:3:"124";i:19;s:4:"8435";}}}
    0%
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Cool pic and I went for DVD but I still would like a little something in Europe ... One fuck off festival would do .
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

I'll take a box set. And I mean a big ass red, black and white striped box that takes two big dudes to get off the UPS truck. I want everything they can dig up - outtakes from the studio, demos (not the original ones we've all got 37 copies of), every inch of video, one of Dave's capes, and all six Van Halen records on vinyl and cassette! Hell, toss in a couple 8 tracks too. I want my cake and i want to eat it too. And I want pink icing. I want it presliced, delivered, and paid for.

I'd take all that over another tour. Even if it included Mikey. I hate to say it but Dave's shot to shit. Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed the last two tours. But my days of sitting and watching 37 bootlegs from the same tour are over. So the choice is one show or a giant box of Van Halen goodies? I'll take the box. Phrasing!
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

new tunes as long as possible
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

At this point, "new" Van Halen? Yes...No...I dunno. VH sits in a particularly weird part of my remembrance, sort of like REO Speedwagon once did. (Them jack-offs were supposedly going to perform a 15 minute jam on "Golden Country" at Live Aid, but chickenshitted out at the last minute by doing a greatest hits package. Fuck-heads. They more than likely would not be reduced to currently playing live stock county fairs, car shows with David Hasselhoff, and horse tracks if they'd had the balls to stick to their guns. )

Uhhmm...yeah, Van Halen. Gimme some retro, cool as shit and thoroughly compiled boxed set. I want stickers, a bandana, a miniature VH license plate, a couple of posters (like the one that took up about 4x8 square feet of my wall back in the early 1980s)...

...some polished demos (NOT that Gene Simmons crap!) and some DVDs like that awesome Brazil show with "Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers" instead of us seeing some dick-wad re-re-release the ultimately underwhelming US Festival footage on Amazon.com for the low, low price of 35 bucks American every couple of years.

Throw in "Tin Cup Chalice" and "79th & Sunset" and I'll be first in line at Best Buy or fucking Walmart come that fateful Tuesday morning it's released.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

A dvd with one show from each tour would be fantastic...Ill keep dreaming.

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

I had that same poster on my wall for years CC...I have no idea what happened to it..sucks..

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

I'll take bassplayer...

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

If I gotta go to my fucking grave without seeing cunting van halen live cos of that fat curly haired mother fucker I promise to haunt his cabo wobbly ass until his final dying hopefully painful days ..... Gggrrrrrr

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Wolfie has curly hair now ??

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

Keep dremin' fellas ! Dave did say they were working on something though. Maybe it will come out in the next 2 years !!! I say give me some old shows. Like all this foootage popping up that has been cleaned up.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Nope the only time they played over here when I wasn't still in school was with shammy

Comment

• Zing!
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                          I had that same poster on my wall for years CC...I have no idea what happened to it..sucks..
                          Same here - except I have a buddy that recently told me that he has that poster. He kept it for me all these years (we're a little fuzzy on how he ended up with it in the first place). The bastage is holding it for ransom until I come visit him in Iowa.
                          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zing!
                            Same here - except I have a buddy that recently told me that he has that poster. He kept it for me all these years (we're a little fuzzy on how he ended up with it in the first place). The bastage is holding it for ransom until I come visit him in Iowa.
                            that is on the way to kristy's
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Zing!
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                              that is on the way to kristy's
                              That's win-win for everybody.
                              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...