New VH Album And Tour or Box Set DVD's Of Old Shows?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

I miss solo Roth. I want to hear Yankee Rose again live.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Dave sounded good in the few 2013 shows. There was a noticeable improvement from 2012. Whatever was dogging him cleared up. I think he's more than capable to knock out another album. He just needs someone to keep him in the low register. That's his wheelhouse.
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
        I miss solo Roth. I want to hear Yankee Rose again live.
        I wouldn't count on Roth ever touring solo again......
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Not outside of his living room...

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

It was the Japanese shows he sounded canny then , just in time to stop .
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Damn, this thread is right up my alley, but everyone has made grate posts and I agree with all of them!

That being said, at this particular time, I think I need more brand new music. Being that I'm so bummed that so many fucking years were blown without knowing how the real deal would have progressed from 1984 on, coupled with Dave's lyrics being more wisdomatic and his studio vocals still impress, I think I can hold off a little bit longer before I go ape shit for the crisp vintage stuff to be officially released.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2012

I'd rather have a new album and tour. The old stuff will always be there and could be released whenever, if they're so inclined (i know, big if). The clock is ticking for these guys. I'd just assume squeeze out as much new stuff as possible before they hang it up. Plus, i'm not convinced that they'd actually mine the vaults and put out truly unreleased stuff as opposed to just cleaning up and releasing stuff that's already been out there for years. (not that that isn't a good thing, but i personally am more interested in truly unreleased stuff)
                Last edited by chuckjitsu; 04-18-2014, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Honestly, at this point, I would buy a new disc but wouldnt pay $100 plus to see a new show..sorry..I love this fuckin band but age has caught up to me and VH...mix up the setlist every night and throw in tons of ADKOT and I may rethink...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

You can get tix for under $100, but I get your point.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Yip am reading through the thread trying not to agree with everyone but the time isn't on out side release new stuff while they can and get the vault stuff later seems to be where my head is at the mo .
                      Will probably change with the next good post
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

we outta space
                        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VHscraps
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2009

I'd like the box set, but I suspect it will never happen. I don't want to suggest that the guys are motivated by cash, but another tour in a couple of years will net them more cash than a boxset of live performances. Who buys DVDs these days? Even if the few hundred thousand fans who bought ADKOT - probably nudging a million worldwide - would buy such a product, it's probably not going to make a lot of financial sense.

The other thing is that there's a good chance that they probably don't own that footage that we know exists - never mind what we don't know about - and they don't have either a record label or a hands-on manager who could facilitate that stuff being licensed and put together.

Meanwhile, whatever this 'Project' is, the VHND is reporting that Ed has just released his new line of stripey sneakers. Those wear out quicker than CDs, and probably sell over and over to those fashionable dudes who wear 'em!
                          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                            we outta space
                            I want to hear that song live....

Comment

• atomicpnk47
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2007

Well lets see for me personally they can stay home put out as much new music as possible but as far as touring forget it unless MA comes back for some one offs. Painful to watch Dave. Ed's still bringing it but time has sapped the shit out of them. Anyway new music, classic shows from 78-84 and any unreleased material that they have laying around and I'd be happy.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

I see no reason why the answer can't be "both".....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...