New VH Album And Tour or Box Set DVD's Of Old Shows?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Never was
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2012

My answer is both but I prefer the new record and tour. Dave's tour voice will be as it always has been pretty damn unpredictable, that's Dave but anyone that thinks he can't eventually come close to 07 sound I think is wrong. His 2013 was much better, not 07 but better than 12 by a lot.

I say the answer actually will be both. The record is supposedly pretty far along and heard that pretty consistently but am curious what other stuff is up which the whispers seem to be all over the place. Regardless quiet Van Halen and smiles usually mean busy Van Halen which is good. The one that comes up most frequently is a DVD of 1984 tour and deluxe re-release of the record. What is interesting about whatever else it is above a new record is the lack of the automatic dismissals of certain items. Certain things they always are fast to deny and say no way but not this time. Whatever it ends up being seems like they are aiming for something outside their historical comfort level. We shall see either way as Aug and Sept roll around.

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

I've always wondered how much of this shit the "band" really owned. At this point it's kinda moot. Dave obviously doesn't have a problem playing it in his Roth Shows. So what's left? The footage including Mikey. There is NO way Ed is gonna release footage of the band with Mikey. Oh, sure, they can go the same route they did with the Guitar Hero game and digitally place Wolfie there, singing Mikey's lyrics. But is that what WE want to see??

This whole thing is a cluster fuck.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
        I heard that too. They're going to brand it 'Wolfie's' because family pooches everywhere will wolf it down
        Wolfie Treats. Ah who the fuck do they think they are fooling? They are donuts. That shit has been around but hell like guitar strings, as soon as Ed puts his name on them they become extra special.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-19-2014, 02:13 AM.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          I've always wondered how much of this shit the "band" really owned. At this point it's kinda moot. Dave obviously doesn't have a problem playing it in his Roth Shows. So what's left? The footage including Mikey. There is NO way Ed is gonna release footage of the band with Mikey. Oh, sure, they can go the same route they did with the Guitar Hero game and digitally place Wolfie there, singing Mikey's lyrics. But is that what WE want to see??

This whole thing is a cluster fuck.
          They look like fags in the Guitar Hero game. That game should be called Guitar Zero. I'm surprised the damn dog isn't in it.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• diamondclaudio
            Roadie
            • Jan 2004

Hey, there´ll be a new full album, a farewell tour including Michael Anthony in the bass, maybe Wolf as rythm guitar, and a special release of ten dvd concerts from 78 till 2016. Stay frosty!!!
            P.S. : Shows will include the Superbawl, finally!!! It´ll include also 10 european cities, plus Mexico, Brasil and Argentina. End of the story, and please don´t ask for more!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Never was
              Regardless quiet Van Halen and smiles usually mean busy Van Halen which is good.
              So, we're back to "no news is good news" ??

Comment

• vaijuju
                Sniper
                • Jan 2008

a new album !
                http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

11-9 right now, no pun intended.

I can't believe ONE person would take a new album and tour over a Blu-Ray box set of the old shows. My guess would be, those 9 never saw the real Van Halen live in front of their naked steaming eyes.

Comment

• fraroc
                    Commando
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Von Halen

I can't believe ONE person would take a new album and tour over a Blu-Ray box set of the old shows. My guess would be, those 9 never saw the real Van Halen live in front of their naked steaming eyes.
                    I saw Van Halen three times, WITH Dave.
                    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I want both, but actually would prefer the Blu-ray and boxset. I have nothing against Wolfie, but I've seen my last Van Halen show without Michael Anthony on bass...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Of course I say that now...

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by fraroc
                          I saw Van Halen three times, WITH Dave.

Let me clarify for those with reading disabilities.

Dave
                          Ed
                          Al
                          Mike

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            I want both, but actually would prefer the Blu-ray and boxset. I have nothing against Wolfie, but I've seen my last Van Halen show without Michael Anthony on bass...
                            You want The Best Of Both Worlds. Pun intended.

Comment

• katina
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2012

I prefer a new album and tour.

Comment

• vaijuju
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2008

for a new album : we have just a few years ! for a box set of the old shows : we have, many, many years to wait !!
                                http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

Working...