New VH Album And Tour or Box Set DVD's Of Old Shows?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Fucking hell, we're actually talking about CVH instead knocking ten shades of shite out of each other!
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
      I don't think Dave had anything to do with that...

i think it's the label and the contract I'm assuming he signed...
      O.K. But what record label ? His last 2 albums were on small labels. When did Warners drop him ? 1995. They ask or demand for ANOTHER hits album 15 years latter ? I thought Dave picked those songs ?

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
        I just don't think they give a fuck. Hope I'm wrong. I mean how out of touch are they ? What was up with Dave and that last Best Of he just put out of his solo stuff ? What a waste of time.
        I just can't believe that someone from a record company/management hasn't say down with them and said: 'look, if you release this stuff you'll make THIS amount of $$ from stuff that require zero effort from you guys because it already exists'. Surely anyone can understand that.

I mean, even something obvious like deluxe reissues of the 6 pack with bonus material to coincide with either of last tours were avenues that they didn't pursue.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I hear Eddie has put the new album and tour on hold to put out an EVH line of dog food and treats.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

I agree adkot is beyond what most of us expected ...i'll be honest i though ed was a barrow job and pretty much washed up creatively
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              I hear Eddie has put the new album and tour on hold to put out an EVH line of dog food and treats.
              I heard that too. They're going to brand it 'Wolfie's' because family pooches everywhere will wolf it down

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by binnie
                Fucking hell, we're actually talking about CVH instead knocking ten shades of shite out of each other!
                fuck off, gunt

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

H
                  Originally posted by binnie
                  I just can't believe that someone from a record company/management hasn't say down with them and said: 'look, if you release this stuff you'll make THIS amount of $$ from stuff that require zero effort from you guys because it already exists'. Surely anyone can understand that.

I mean, even something obvious like deluxe reissues of the 6 pack with bonus material to coincide with either of last tours were avenues that they didn't pursue.
                  Never understood the reluctance to cash in but in the same breath sell any old shit with a stripe on
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

So, I just bought my lovely wife Sgt. Peppers and Abby Road as well as Dio 30th Anniversary Holy Diver on vinyl for her 30th birthday and they all sound good, especially Abby Road...

Time to break out the ADKOT vinyl again tonight...

I wasn't too impressed the last time...

ADKOT sounds best to my ears on a cheap stereo...

It's a GRATE album though...

Last edited by ELVIS; 04-18-2014, 03:36 PM. Reason: Your Momma !!

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

I hear they're busy working out how to get the red black and white stripes on the morsels...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                        fuck off, gunt
                        I thought gunt meant Angel...

Comment

• TitanTopper
                          Groupie
                          • Mar 2012

CVH will ALWAYS hold a special place in my life. I would much rather have NEW material from Dave and Ed than some glossed over, rehashed, old shit that really doesn't tap into their creativity and is simply about making a buck. Most of the suckers on this board (including me) have gone out over the years and bought anything VH, but I want NEW!! Ed was fucking amazing last tour with his playing...Now if we can only get him creating instead of rehashing, it could be amazing!!
                          "Hey man, that suit is you!!"

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

If I were guaranteed that a new album would be as good as ADKOT (minus Tattoo), I would be sorely tempted for new material. But judging by Dave's voice on the last tour and the recent Beach Boys thing, I think I'd go with CVH Boxed Set for $100, Alex.

(But the boxed set better be jammed pack with goodies and not a WB rip-off...)
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Zing!
                              If I were guaranteed that a new album would be as good as ADKOT (minus Tattoo), I would be sorely tempted for new material. But judging by Dave's voice on the last tour and the recent Beach Boys thing, I think I'd go with CVH Boxed Set for $100, Alex.

(But the boxed set better be jammed pack with goodies and not a WB rip-off...)
                              I wouldn't worry about Dave's voice for a new record because they can make him sound however they want in the studio. I would be concerned about a tour though. As far as a boxed set goes i am starting to think that all of that stuff in the vault is an urban legend. When they open it up they will find the same thing they did in Al Capone's vault.
                              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Dave sounded better on California Girls than the asleep on the beach Boys...

It's Mike Love and the Beach Boys that killed that performance...

Comment

Working...