Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

I would live in Detroit if my only other choice was Chicago..

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
      Why do people think snow and ice means staying indoors? There's so much to do outside!
      Originally posted by Von Halen
      Like what?
      Shivering?

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Get shot by a thug ??
      Some people are shooting back. I've read a few articles recently about Detroit residents shooting people that have broken into their homes.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ashstralia
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Feb 2004

It pains me to see once thriving industrial areas fall to ruin. There are parts of inner Sydney like that, other parts that became gentrified and hipster havens. As a kid in the 70's, the heavy industry precincts were cool to explore, and the people who worked in the factories were the proud working class salt of the earth types that I felt connected us to earlier times.

I'll definitely be visiting Detroit when I get my ass over there!!

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia

If you can stop humping kangaroos long enough. And who in the fuck would ever want to see Detroit!?!?

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

Look K, for once and for all: I don't hump kangaroos!!!!

They don't stay still long enough.

And I'm planning on seeing as much USA as possible.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

It pains me to see once thriving industrial areas fall to ruin. There are parts of inner Sydney like that, other parts that became gentrified and hipster havens. As a kid in the 70's, the heavy industry precincts were cool to explore, and the people who worked in the factories were the proud working class salt of the earth types that I felt connected us to earlier times.

The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn is worth seeing. Actually the area around Detroit is beautiful. The great lakes regions are wonderful road tripping areas especially in the fall when the leaves start to change.

You can bomb a city with bombs or you can bomb a city with economic warfare. Cities that were once ruins and rubble have been rebuilt and come back. Maybe that will happen to Detroit. Right now the US is being fleeced and robbed by some international bankers and it's happened because the politicians allowed it to happen and the people are too ignorant to figure it out. They just care about getting something from the government for their own selfish interests and don't care about the big picture.

At the end of the day, the eye sore you see is the result of years and years of corruption.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

X2 on the Henry Ford Museum. Haven't been there since I was a kid, but it's got a lot of stuff.

My dad, brother, and nephew went up to Detroit for some kind of car show and then took a drive around town. My nephew kept wanting to stop and take pics of run down buildings, and he posted a bunch on his FB. One was a bombed-out mini-mart and he tagged it "beautiful Detroit."

But then my dad lives in Toledo and sometimes I don't think it's much better there...
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

Yeah man. I remember that photo essay from a few years ago with the once magnificent theatre looking shit.
                  Broke my heart a bit.

Edit: deffo visiting Henry's joint. It's goin on the list.
                  Last edited by ashstralia; 04-23-2014, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Look K, for once and for all: I don't hump kangaroos!!!!

They don't stay still long enough.

And I'm planning on seeing as much USA as possible.
                    No, please stay in your kangaroo humping continent.

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

Here's another article in our meeja from today... More of an ad really, but I still enjoyed the read.

Artists and innovators are breathing new life into the ruinous landscape of Detroit, writes Julie Miller.

Comment

Working...