ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,392 Times in 6,052 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    Nobody cares what my opinion is but I'm going to give it to you anyway. Donald Sterling is a racist. Not because he didn't want his girlfriend to hang around with black men in public but because of the real racist shit he has pulled in the past that everyone including the NAACP and the NBA was willing to overlook before this for some unknown reason. I think it's possible Magic Johnson put the "girlfriend" up to this after he heard what he said about him to get the Clippers away from him. There was speculation about that on the internet yesterday.
    Just for the people out of the loop like me.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...clippers-owner

...But all those years, not enough people looked at Donald Sterling as the racist landlord the law so bore him out to be.

Neither the league, nor the players, nor the sports media paid much if any attention to Sterling's agreement in 2003 to pay upwards of $5m to settle a lawsuit brought by the Housing Rights Center charging that he tried to drive non-Korean tenants out of apartments he bought in the Koreatown section of Los Angeles. Only a few observers noted in 2006 that the Justice Department sued Sterling for allegations of housing discrimination in the same neighborhood. The charges included statements he allegedly made to employees that black and Hispanic families were not desirable tenants.

And while a handful of us in the media excoriated Sterling and the NBA in 2009 when Sterling settled the lawsuit by agreeing to pay $2.73m following allegations he refused to rent apartments to Hispanics, blacks and families with children, the story didn't resonate – despite it being the largest housing discrimination settlement in Justice Department history.

There was no investigation from the NBA, like the one new commissioner Adam Silver announced under pressure this weekend, promising to move "extraordinarily quickly".

There was no condemnation from black players who predominate the league like the one that erupted Saturday and Sunday from current superstars, including LeBron James and Chris Paul, and from retired icons like Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan. Paul, the Clippers star and head of the National Basketball Players Association, joined his teammates Sunday in stripping their warm-up gear and throwing it unceremoniously into a pile in a demonstration to disown the team's nickname in protest of their owner's loathsomeness.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,392 Times in 6,052 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    I think this is what I take issue with.. this was a private conversation that was leaked. I'm not up on the details, but what kind of shitbag secretly records a conversation and ruins a guys life like that? Total classless move.
    You're worried about an 80 year old billionaire racist slum landlord having his life ruined by this?

3. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Angel (04-30-2014)

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    You're worried about an 80 year old billionaire racist slum landlord having his life ruined by this?
    It's more about the concept, not so much the individual. Once the thought police are free to regulate what's right or wrong there's no backing up from that.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

5. 6 users say thank you to VAiN for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (04-30-2014),ELVIS (04-30-2014),lesfunk (04-30-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (04-30-2014),Von Halen (04-30-2014),WACF (05-01-2014)

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 09:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,444 Posts

The whole thing reminds me of that sweet old lady from Cincy, Marge Schott. She took some lumps for being a racist shit bag, and her vitriol wasn't even caught on tape.

From Wiki (yeah yeah...)

On November 13, 1992, Charles "Cal" Levy, a former marketing director for the Reds, stated in a deposition for Tim Sabo, a former employee who was suing the team, that he'd heard Schott refer to then-Reds outfielders Eric Davis and Dave Parker as "million-dollar n******"

During the same season, a former Oakland Athletics executive assistant, Sharon Jones, is quoted in the New York Times as having overheard Schott state: "I would never hire another n*****. I'd rather have a trained monkey working for me than a n*****," before the start of an owners' conference call.

A four-man committee was convened to investigate Schott. On February 3, 1993, she was fined $250,000 and banned from day-to-day operations of the Reds for the 1993 season. John Allen took over as managing partner. Schott returned to work on November 1.

I really have no idea how or what type of punishment fuck heads like this should face for their ass-holish ways, but being put through the ringer because someone claimed they overheard something or some cunt hit record on the I Phone she got for free seems a bit weak. Not that I'm defending Schott or this Clippers dope, as I know they're both miserable racist shit bags, it's just that I feel what the criminals on Wall Street have done is ions worse and they don't even come close to getting slaps on the wrist.

7. 2 users say thank you to DLR Bridge for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (04-30-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (04-30-2014)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Another example of how you're on the wrong side of every issue...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Sports stadiums aren't the last places where racism is expressed... Sportsmen often "have to" hear awful, idiotic abuse aimed at them, especially during soccer games.
    Sometimes the best answers can look like this, a couple of days ago :

11. Thanked Jérôme Frenchise for this KICKASS post:

vandeleur (04-30-2014)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Alves was pretty cool here.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Yes, he was - skillfully improvised!

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2015 @ 02:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 850 Posts

When all is said and done, it won't be ruined at all. He will not only come out ahead financially, but making him sell his 'team' will also allow him to get out from under a horrendous investment. The L.A. Clippers have always sucked serious horsecock. Some folks have always viewed them as "the other L.A. team", and others didn't have the slightest clue that Los Angeles even had two teams in the NBA unless you were to bring it to their attention, or from this recent controversy.
    He was fined 2.5 million, which isn't a squirt of piss to guys like him, especially when you consider how much he stands to make by getting rid of that piece of shit team. It's the equivalent of giving someone in the 99% a fine of 30...maybe 35 cents.

What he said was purely asinine, no doubt about it. but the responses have every bit as ugly, shown the exact same lack of class, and have been every bit as ignorant. Hundreds of thousands of Instagrams and Tweets have been littered with the words "redneck", "cracker", and "honky" directed at him. I find that personally hilarious seeing as he's Jewish.
    I'm not defending him at all, but anyone who confuses Jews and Whites shouldn't be allowed to be near a keyboard, based purely on the fact that they're too fucking stupid to have an opinion.
    LEARN TO HATE CORRECTLY, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

The guy's a total dipshit, but the retaliation from the people responding clearly shows that a lot of folks are pretty goddamn dumb as well.

15. 2 users say thank you to hambon4lif for this KICKASS post:

lesfunk (04-30-2014),Nitro Express (04-30-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    All I know is the loser stole the limelight from Cliven Bundy. It's like there is a racist of the week club going. Just wait. Next week there will be a new racist in the limelight.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It's all Bullshit. That Sterling guys a cunt. The world is full of them What are we gonna do? Fine every cunt in the world and kick them out of their job just for being a twat? It's thought police bullshit
    Last edited by lesfunk; 04-30-2014 at 06:12 PM.

18. 3 users say thank you to lesfunk for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (04-30-2014),Nitro Express (04-30-2014),WARF (05-01-2014)

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 10:38 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hambon4lif View Post

LEARN TO HATE CORRECTLY, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

I may have to put that in my sig

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

Norman Goldman was just talking about this case on his radio show, and he mentioned some things about Sterling's history. The slumlord thing and his previous incidents of racism are pretty well known, but what's lesser known is Sterling's past career as a lawyer. Specifically, the sleazy "personal injury" type, and apparently had one Hell of a bad reputation within the LA legal circles for this reason.

So Norm thinks it's down to two options.... either Sterling realizes he's too old for this shit and puts the team up for sale, or else ties up the court with it for the rest of his natural life. And Norm's guessing the odds are 70/30 in favor of the worse option. And within 6 months, we will ALL be sick of this case.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

If the NBA was actually concerned about Sterling's racist attitude they should have suspended him from operating the team for a season and make him complete a racial sensitivty course. I have a feeling this isn't over yet. Suspension for life and a 2.5 million dollar fine for saying you don't like black people is a bit extreme considering the punishment MLB dealt out in the Marge Schott case. She not only refered to two of her employees as "million dollar n*****s, she said she'd rather hire a trained monkey than another n*****. Her actions were directly related to her running the team. It was MLB related. When Elgin Baylor sued Sterling for discrimination in 2009 the NBA should have investigated him and done something about it then if they saw fit. Nothing he's been accused of this time has anything to do with his operation of the team. He's going to sue the NBA and they're going to have to prove he did something more than talk shit to mistress.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Norman Goldman was just talking about this case on his radio show, and he mentioned some things about Sterling's history. The slumlord thing and his previous incidents of racism are pretty well known, but what's lesser known is Sterling's past career as a lawyer. Specifically, the sleazy "personal injury" type, and apparently had one Hell of a bad reputation within the LA legal circles for this reason.

So Norm thinks it's down to two options.... either Sterling realizes he's too old for this shit and puts the team up for sale, or else ties up the court with it for the rest of his natural life. And Norm's guessing the odds are 70/30 in favor of the worse option. And within 6 months, we will ALL be sick of this case.
    Did you cut and paste that here or there? I actually forgot what site I was on for a minute because the same thread with the same title's on another site.
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 04-30-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Of course... why should I type out the exact same thing twice.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Of course... why should I type out the exact same thing twice.
    Funny thing is you've probably done it hundreds if not thousands of times on two sites I post at and I just now noticed it.

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-08-2020 @ 05:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    What are we gonna do? Fine every cunt in the world and kick them out of their job just for being a twat?
    Shhhh... still some potential hurt feelings 'round these parts.

26. 2 users say thank you to VetteLS5 for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (04-30-2014),lesfunk (04-30-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I would love to see the NAACP and the Anti-Defimation League go to blows over this. God damn is this country full of whiners. All that needs to be done is find some black person that says the old jew should be thrown in an oven.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-30-2014 at 07:33 PM.

28. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

WARF (04-30-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I can remember when professional sports was about who's team was better. Now it's a bunch of spoiled crybabies. I say let them run their mouths and vote with your pocketbook. I haven't been to an NBA game in years. I could care less about that franchise. More like the National Bullshit Association.

30. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

WARF (04-30-2014)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 03:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,469 Posts

If Barkley called someone a honkey he would be given a raise in salary! What a fucking joke! LOL
    Last edited by WARF; 04-30-2014 at 08:34 PM.

32. Thanked WARF for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (04-30-2014)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

Incidentally, I hate the fucking LA Clippers and the douchey old racist cunt owner. But mainly because they used to be the Buffalo Braves...

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-30-2014 at 08:35 PM.

34. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

WARF (04-30-2014)

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I just listened to the full 9 minute conversation. Obviously his girlfriend recording this is setting him up. I don't see the big problem with anything in this PRIVATE conversation. There's hundreds of more racist people in the NBA. Racist black players against white people. White against blacks etc etc etc... I think his girlfriend is the main problem here. She keeps repeating over and over trying to get him to use the N word in which he never does. Sterling is a old Jew it's stereotypical most older Jews don't like Black people. I don't see the big deal why he should be fined 2.5 million and banned from the NBA. He's probably racist to a certain extent. I don't think you'll find him lynching black people in his backyard or burning crosses in front of his house either. Donald Sterling was set up and it's pathetic that a private phone call conversation is being used against him. He never said one racial slur besides telling his girlfriend he didn't want her being seen publicly on instagram with Magic Johnson. If this was Michael Jordan being recording by his son telling him to not bring a white girl to his basketball games there would never even be an issue over this.

Also, let's not fail to recognize the other racist comments by Oprah Winfrey now saying she wants to buy the L.A. Clippers.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...geles-clippers

Oprah Winfrey is quoting saying she thinks it would be great for an African American to own another NBA franchise.

Again... If any sports reporter said "It would be great for another White person to own another NBA franchise." They would be fired from their job.

I'm not justifying what Sterling said... yeah he's probably an old racist shitbag.... but there are plenty of other racist shitbags who have said worst still in the league, and they will be around forever because they haven't been recorded from a RPIVATE phone conversation. Racism goes both ways people... and I don't think it's fair to have a private phone call used against you. He didn't even directly say any racial slur.

What a bunch of bullshit!

36. Thanked WARF for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (04-30-2014)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It would be great for certain white people to get rid of the so called white guilt...

38. 4 users say thank you to ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (04-30-2014),Nitro Express (04-30-2014),VAiN (04-30-2014),WARF (04-30-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    At least Sterling was willing to own a shitty team and that provided some jobs to some shitty players who were never worthy of the pay scale. At least the old krusty racist gave you the chance to make some good money and fuck choice ho's and have a nice pad and ride. Real problems are disease, starvation, and homelessness. I think all these spoiled ass NBA players need to spend a year in Haiti working in a free clinic. That will shut their traps up. Go experience some real problems. My hell, what spoiled children we have.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-30-2014 at 10:30 PM.

40. 3 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (05-01-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (05-01-2014),WARF (04-30-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    If Barkley called someone a honkey he would be given a raise in salary! What a fucking joke! LOL
    I haven't seen that guy since he was pimpin for Weight Watchers. Did he lose any weight? Apparently not. He's not on TV all the time bragging about his weight loss.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    At least Sterling was willing to own a shitty team and that provided some jobs to some shitty players who were never worthy of the pay scale. At least the old krusty racist gave you the chance to make some good money and fuck choice ho's and have a nice pad and ride. Real problems are disease, starvation, and homelessness. I think all these spoiled ass NBA players need to spend a year in Haiti working in a free clinic. That will shut their traps up. Go experience some real problems. My hell, what spoiled children we have.
    Donald Sterling is more inspirational to ME than Magic Johnson ever will be!

Donald Sterling offered jobs to young African Americans making them millionaires. Hell, he probably made black people about a billion dollars from all the years he owned the clippers...

What did Magic's AIDS infected 12 inch "Johnson" ever do besides bang whores on the side???
    Last edited by WARF; 04-30-2014 at 10:43 PM.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

I never understood why Magic was held up as some kind of role model. Or as someone to look up to. He was a bigger whore wrangler than me and Warf combined. At least we never gave anybody the AIDS.

44. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

WARF (04-30-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I never understood why Magic was held up as some kind of role model. Or as someone to look up to. He was a bigger whore wrangler than me and Warf combined. At least we never gave anybody the AIDS.
    Did Magic really care or was it an excuse to get some limelight on himself? Hell. All these old Laker dude crawled out of the baseboards to get some attention on them. I get it. They miss it.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If the clippers owner is really so racist why isn't there any WHITE players on the LA CLIPPERS???

I just looked at the roster, I don't see ONE white player

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    If the clippers owner is really so racist why isn't there any WHITE players on the LA CLIPPERS???

I just looked at the roster, I don't see ONE white player
    Because white jews can't jump. Besides. Why bother? They make more being bankers.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Because white jews can't jump. Besides. Why bother? They make more being bankers.
    Honkie racist!!!

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Honkie racist!!!
    Don't call him a honky, you racist white redneck ****** bitch!!! lol

Maybe I was wrong... I found this old clipper ad LOL

How the fuck are you supposed to know which black kid is underprivileged???

Why don't the parents get in free??? LOL

Why is the whitest player on the team on the cover???

Never mind....

50. Thanked WARF for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (04-30-2014)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The parents...oh hell, it's too easy

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That guy in that pic with Sterling - he has to be the whitest black guy who ever lived.

53. 2 users say thank you to DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (04-30-2014),WARF (04-30-2014)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-08-2021 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Is it just me or does Sterling look like Mickey Rourke's dad?

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
    Racist!!!!

56. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

sonrisa salvaje (05-01-2014)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa salvaje View Post
    Actually, I thought he looked like Sheldon Adelson, who launders money for the Chinese mafia and then makes Repuke politicians kiss his ring in Las Vegas.

And maybe just a little bit like Frank Costanza?

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually, I thought he looked like Sheldon Adelson, who launders money for the Chinese mafia and then makes Repuke politicians kiss his ring in Las Vegas.

And maybe just a little bit like Frank Costanza?
    If we're talking Jerry Stiller... let's not forget the greatest Tales from the darkside episode ( or at least one of them )

Thread Information