Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

This entire thing is ridiculous. The rain affects the balls in terms of weight and velocity way more than air pressure. Air pressure affects speed in a football thrown measured in 1000's of a second of difference. It would be slower with a lighter ball. The rain and resulted added weight affect the ball significantly...I heard having the balls underinflated by 2 pounds is equivalent to the weight of a dollar bill.

Grip maybe. Confused as to how cheating is celebrated in baseball but this transgression is reason for almost a Congressional hearing? Bizarre
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Gee, thanks, Bill Nye The Football Guy.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

well, lets not let reason and facts get in the way of hyperbole and close to irrelevant issues
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
          This entire thing is ridiculous. The rain affects the balls in terms of weight and velocity way more than air pressure. Air pressure affects speed in a football thrown measured in 1000's of a second of difference. It would be slower with a lighter ball. The rain and resulted added weight affect the ball significantly...I heard having the balls underinflated by 2 pounds is equivalent to the weight of a dollar bill.

Grip maybe. Confused as to how cheating is celebrated in baseball but this transgression is reason for almost a Congressional hearing? Bizarre
          You're out of your mind...

A year or two ago, someone made a comment that Gronk spikes the ball so hard "he deflates it!" To which Brady replied "Good! I like deflated balls!"

Indy would never have won deflated balls or not, but don't pretend everything is just ducky or that it doesn't make a lot of difference in handling the ball in cold temps!
          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-24-2015, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

OK, I know some football fans like to go overboard with buying team related merchandise, but who the fuck thinks of this shit???

I'm a Seahawks fan as much as anybody, but I really don't need to burn prayer candles in their images

(They have one for Flat Balls Brady and Aaron Rodgers too)

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              And your Bills will continue suck well into 2015.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Did anybody ever buy the Bills after the old man died? I'm assuming it wasn't Bon Jovi, because he would have had to give Sambora half the team in the divorce.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

A year or two ago, someone made a comment that Gronk spikes the ball so hard "he deflates it!" To which Brady replied "Good! I like deflated balls!"

Indy would never have won deflated balls or not, but don't pretend everything is just ducky or that it doesn't make a lot of difference in handling the ball in cold temps!
                  I think the real issue is why a grown man would wear a cotton hoodie on the sidelines, particularly in a torrential downpour? I believe there are secrets lying within the cotton fibres in Belichek's infamous hoodies. What s in the hood? We may never know but we can be rest assured its providing the Pats with some kind of unfair advantage. Let the congressional hearings commence!!
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                    I think the real issue is why a grown man would wear a cotton hoodie on the sidelines, particularly in a torrential downpour? I believe there are secrets lying within the cotton fibres in Belichek's infamous hoodies. What s in the hood? We may never know but we can be rest assured its providing the Pats with some kind of unfair advantage. Let the congressional hearings commence!!
                    Here's the real Bill Nye: https://sports.vice.com/article/bill...e=vicesportsfb

And if "Hoodie" had nothing to hide, why the 3 press conferences telling us how much he didn't do anything wrong. They deflated the balls, and their assholes. End of story. What should be done about it? I dunno. New England was winning that game no matter what and the balls weren't really a factor. But then, why do they have to be such assholes and not play by the rules?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                      And your Bills will continue suck well into 2015.
                      I know I'm used to it...

At least we don't have Peyton Manny

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Maybe the Cheatriots will play this song as they come running out of the tunnel (presuming they aren't banned from the Super Bowl)....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Maybe the Cheatriots will play this song as they come running out of the tunnel (presuming they aren't banned from the Super Bowl)....
                          Zero chance they are banned from the Super Bowl. Among other reasons, considering they couldn’t manage to interview Tom Brady in the week after the AFC Championship, it seems clear that the NFL’s investigation isn't exactly proceeding at breakneck speed.

Here's my prediction. The NFL will desperately hope the story goes away, but it won’t. No decision will come from the NFL before the Super Bowl. The announcers will mention it during the broadcast as a story, but won’t say anything particularly damning of either the NFL or the Patriots.

In the offseason, the Patriots will get some sort of sanction, probably a fine and a loss of draft picks. Nothing will be done to Belichick or Brady, because nothing will be “proved.” Behind the scenes and essentially unnoticed, a ball boy and maybe some other low-level employees will suddenly become much richer.
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I just hope it means the League takes things like flat balls and corrupt referrees seriously next week. In my opinion, Brady shouldn't be there, but I'll settle for him being as humiliated as Peyton Manning was last year.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

If nothing else, what do you think of when you hear NE Patriots? Legacy fucked...

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

It's OverPayton Manning, you fucking pussy.

You have some (non-)balls in saying that seeing your QB is who again?

Comment

Working...