Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • private parts
    Sniper
    • Jan 2007

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think The Hound goes to kill The Mountain and is saved at the last second by Arya

I think Jamie kills Cersie as she is about to kill Tyrion. He loves his brother more than his evil sex sister.

Jon Snow dies.. He has died before but now Melisandra is not around to bring him back this time. His dragon has died and his wolf has left him,
    AND he has told everyone that he is the rightful king. All foreshadowing his death.

Daenerys takes the throne.

Mark it down.
    sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I think Jon Snow will still be standing at the end but refuse to become king and go back up north to hang out with his wolf and Tormund hopefully calming down some of the more hysterical viewers who seemed to be having a heart attack about him not saying goodbye to Ghost properly.

Definitely will be a showdown between The Hound and The Mountain (Cleganebowl).

They are obviously setting up Daenerys to go crazy burning shit up, killing a bunch of people including I'm guessing Varys for treason and have to be taken out maybe by Jon.

The latest fan theory is that Drogon (fucking ridiculous name for a dragon) has had babies because it was missing during season 4.

GOT is getting increasingly silly and you have to ignore a lot more than fucking coffee cups(Kings Landing has moved inland?) but I still expect a big spectacle in episode 5.

Well that got pretty fucking dark. I'm doing not too bad on the predictions so far....

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

A lot of unhappy Daenerys fans upset on the internet.

My understanding of this whole thing is that a few years back when it was clear the books weren't going to keep up with the TV show there was a meeting with the show runners and George RR Martin told them how it all worked out so to get there now it needs to go back from their writing to his so was bound to get darker. Again I thought episode 5 had a lot of good stuff in it, there is a pretty big problem that I don't think they did quite enough to show the transformation of Daenerys which doesn't sit right. If you read history though like a lot of stuff in the show that upsets millennials, raping and killing was the default situation when a city was taken in the middle ages...

It's all a bit rushed which is a shame but it's still event TV and a solid 8/10.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

This guy liked it less again...

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Hahaha

What a fucking mess this turned into - it's almost going to be worth the disappointment of the the terrible job they made of it to watch the internet explode.

I do feel a little bit sorry for the hundreds of people on the staff that weren't writers who did a great job but ironically will be burned.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I bailed on Lost after one season because I thought they were taking the piss so have never seen a finale disaster I was invested in. The Sopranos I was confused for 24 hours before concluding it was perfect, unfortunately I don't think this is going to happen this time.

I feel a great disturbance in the Force if these guys are about to produce the next 3 movies.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It was so terrible I think this is going to become a new trope, when people spill their drink they will 'close a Game Of Thrones'.

My guess is that people are going to be even more angry about Bronn deciding the new king than the 2 minute conversion from Jon loving Dany to a bit of casual stabbing....

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It was so terrible I think this is going to become a new trope, when people spill their drink they will 'close a Game Of Thrones'.

My guess is that people are going to be even more angry about Bronn deciding the new king than the 2 minute conversion from Jon loving Dany to a bit of casual stabbing....

On second watch it wasn’t that bad. Also I got mixed up Bronn didn’t appear until later. I still didn’t understand why he was there - Tyrion couldn’t and didn’t need to honour their agreement.

Tyrion plus the Dany speech I guess just about justified the stabbing.

Questions remain like where did all those Dothraki come from after being wiped out and where did they go after the stabbing?

Who was doing Danny’s hair?

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I am laughing at all the stories complaining about this last season. "HBO should have spent more money!" "The writers (whatever)!" "It's TOO DARK! Can't see ANYTHING!" Everyone's a fucking expert. I don't even watch the show but I loves me some negativity.

Just think if there was Interwebs during all the major TV "events." Who Shot JR? Bobby Ewing's dream? Last Seinfeld? Fucking go outside! lol
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's ridiculous and last night I had a few drinks and allowed myself to be drawn into the bubble of social media negativity who today are now complaining about almost invisible (but not quite) bottles of water you can spot in one scene if you pause it 10 times. At the same time ignoring that every episode in this season has had a bunch of great scenes and images in it.

The writers are being hung out to dry not just on social media but also in mainstream newspaper pieces accusing them of being shitty writers forgetting they wrote about 60 of the episodes of the most popular TV show of recent times.

Then you have the people signing petitions wanting it remade to make it suit the fans better. As was pointed out by someone online, 'Did these people ever read or see Stephen Kings Misery because they are now that woman.'

Mistakes were made but overall it remained a good show with spectacular moments.

It makes you wonder how differently this would have gone down before mass social media. I'm sure academic papers are being written about the weird effect of interactive internet fandom. I've pointed out before that this forum is often way more negative about a bit of recent work by DLR than a YouTube comments section and it seems to be the same thing with hardcore GOT fans.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Tyrion plus the Dany speech I guess just about justified the stabbing.
                        Although there is the fairly big plot hole that Jon, Arya and Tyrion wouldn't have understood what she was saying in the speech since they didn't speak the lingo.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Emilia Clarke interview.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

As for the GOT writers making Star Wars movies...I think Kathleen Kennedy will keep them in line.

But really, can it be any worse than anything Lucas wrote?
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

And I forgot...locals were pissed off. There was an electrical problem in town that took the power down right about 9 pm. Didn't go out at work, but I saw some bitching on the local FB groups.

Power wasn't restored in a couple neighborhoods until this morning.

Comment

• private parts
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2007

The writers are being hung out to dry not just on social media but also in mainstream newspaper pieces accusing them of being shitty writers forgetting they wrote about 60 of the episodes of the most popular TV show of recent times.
                                Unreal. Every major review seemed to think it was the worst thing ever filmed since "Gigli". I liked it. After reading some of the reviews, I get that there where some holes in the plot and that it seemed rushed. They really should have dragged it out to 10 episodes to do it justice. Night King should have lasted at least another episode. And in order to to take Bran seriously as the new King, he needed another episode to do something really relevant.

I'm still a huge fan of this show. Can't wait for my short term memory issues to kick in so I can start from the beginning all over again.
                                sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

Working...