ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Good opener to season 6 I thought!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

High Life Man (04-25-2016)

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-22-2024 @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The red woman had some nice knockers. Then some not so nice knockers.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Seemed really busy , in a good way just loads happened.
    And the red witch we have all pulled a bird and in the morning they must have taken off their necklace

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Tho I think we have seen the red witch naked without any jewellery before in a bath .

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by High Life Man View Post
    The red woman had some nice knockers. Then some not so nice knockers.
    I was fine with that until I found out she wasn't using a body suit and it was a real woman...

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...transformation

Director Jeremy Podeswa takes you behind the scenes.
    by

Joanna Robinson

This post contains frank discussion of Season 6, Episode 1 of Game of Thrones, titled “The Red Woman.” If you haven’t watched yet, now is your chance to leave.

So was that 39-year-old Dutch actress Carice van Houten playing the aged Melisandre in the final moments of Sunday’s Game of Thrones? As director Jeremy Podeswa has revealed, it was and it wasn’t. Much like they did with Cersei during the Walk of Shame last season, the Game of Thrones special-effects teams laid Van Houten’s face over a body double. Van Houten wore “prosthetic makeup for her face and hair”—that’s why the eyes matched—but the body was someone else entirely.

Podeswa doesn’t name (or age) the body double in question, but he did tell Entertainment Weekly, “I think the performance of both actresses helps making her look ageless. There was a question of whether we should add more effects to make [the body double] look older, but I think anything we could have done would have made them look less real. When doing a fantasy show—or a show with fantasy elements—the more you can anchor an effect to reality the stronger the illusion is.”

There’s a lingering debate over Melisandre’s real age (100? 400?) and Podeswa says Melisandre’s extended lifespan made the effect uniquely challenging. “The idea is there’s an indefinite indeterminate quality that she could be ancient,” Podeswa says. “We were limited by choosing to use a real person rather than a complete CG creation. Because what does a 400-year-old person look like? We don’t know. So if you try to create that, then you’re creating something that looks beyond our known reality. Here you feel like she’s very old without putting a number on it.”

What’s intriguing about comparing this transformation to the body doubling of Lena Headey in Season 5 of Game of Thrones is the sexual politics involved. There was some fan pushback when an actress over a decade younger than Headey, with a runway-ready figure, took on the harrowing walk last year. In doubling, the show didn’t push any of the boundaries the naked body of Cersei—a mother of three whose diet consists mostly of red wine—might have had had they used a body more similar to the one described in the books. (Though that scene pushed plenty on its own.)

But Game of Thrones blew right past those boundaries Sunday night by displaying something very rare: a naked elderly women. As Podeswa puts it, “At that moment, it’s a telling gestural thing to do. She’s questioning her power and ability to proselytize. She’s at her lowest point, looking at the mirror and her true self. It’s a sign of her frailty. You’re seeing her at her most vulnerable moment.”

Van Houten herself echoes Podeswa, saying, “It’s changing and I really like it. We see her from a really different side of her now. We see somebody whose whole belief system is tumbling down. She’s completely confused, and I really like to play that. After all the security and strength and pride, now we see something completely different. I’ve been really waiting for this moment.”

Will Melisandre stay the old version of herself? Season 6 promotional photos indicate that she won’t.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Tho I think we have seen the red witch naked without any jewellery before in a bath .
    There are theories...

How significant was the necklace?

Yes, we all know accessorising is important – but was Melisandre’s ruby necklace really the key to her “charm”?

Because of the way the scene played out on screen – and the fact that the character’s metamorphosis took place directly after she removed her jewellery – many viewers initially assumed that Melisandre’s necklace must be the source of her youth-spell. We’ve also previously seen the jewels glow when she performs magic, again suggesting that the necklace is linked to the character’s ability to maintain her glamour.

Some viewers, however – especially those with a good memory for van Houten’s nude scenes – have pointed out that, back in season four, we saw Melisandre in a bath, not wearing the necklace, holding a conversation with Stannis’s wife Selyse (Tara Fitzgerald).

On the face of it, this suggests that wearing the rubies isn’t an intrinsic part of the enchantment.

But a year ago, one fan posted an irresistibly intriguing theory about the scene – suggesting that, during it, Stannis’s wife Selyse may have been seeing Melisandre’s true self.

“Selyse has this strange expression the entire time,” wrote Reddit-user brashendeavours. “Like she cannot look directly at Melisandre yet also cannot look away.

“At first you think it is that of a religious "uptight" person seeing a naked and very sexual woman. But if you rewatch the scene, and "pretend" to yourself that Selyse is seeing Melisandre as she actually appears, it actually fits better. WE still see the seductress, Selyse sees the hag. She is horrified yet fascinated and not at all shocked. She knew all along (just like she knows the true fate of her daughter), Melisandre explains she does not need to use her ‘tricks’ on the true convert (Stannis is NOT a true convert but his wife is).”

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-22-2024 @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Lots of death tonight. The part with the dogs was brutal.

Good stuff.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A handy interactive map although since these days all the characters seem to have fucking teleporters and the ravens are faster than email I'm not sure if there is much point.

https://quartermaester.info/

It does at least explain how the battle at the end of the last episode happened...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The big question about S07E03.

Are we meant to think Cersei stuck her finger in during the Jamie blowie? You have the question in the previous scene about whether she likes it, then you see her hand go around and a cutaway to his expression...

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That's what you took from ep3 ... lol

The three episodes have been really good.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You have to be careful to avoid spoilers on GOT at the moment as apparently the web is full of them - I don't even watch the trailer for the next weeks show.

A little thing to note from episode 3 - watching magic tricks any movement that seems to serve no purpose often does. In good script writing the same can apply. I thought it was odd that the maester guy wouldn't know how long the longest winters were. seems like one of the first things you would learn when you got that gig. This guy doesn't and answers that he will go look it up since 'Maester Luwin kept a copy of every ravens scroll'. At that point Sniffmafinger is in shot and reacts.

It would seem like a decent chance that looking through the scrolls he finds evidence of dirty dealings by SLFinger.

Also people are claiming that's his dagger, the one associated with the assassination attempt on Branflake in this pic of Aryan.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Good spot with the little finger glance , yeah you have to avoid the internet for crazy theories

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The new credits are different it looks like the water is frozen around the wall ....... probably I don't know I like it but in a superficial way ........ I understand internal logic etc but I can't get my knickers in a twist when a show about dragons gets slated about how long it takes to travel places.
    It's pretty to look at and I steal it off the internet so to me it's worth every penny

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So you have no opinion on the ass fingering thing?

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It made me chuckle

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Stolen HBO script online...

18. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

vandeleur (08-04-2017)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Episode 4 had it's moments but it looks as though we are going to have to wait a while to get a solid answer on the whole finger plot line.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

21. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

vandeleur (08-09-2017)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Episode 4 had it's moments but it looks as though we are going to have to wait a while to get a solid answer on the whole finger plot line.

Think when he asked him if she liked it it was just banter

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I thought it was obviously revealing when bran indicated he knew everything the finger had said , but fuck bran is a bit shit ..... he is like some stoner.
    Arya is becoming very cool , and I wanna see someone photo shop a bit of blue paint on sir Davos to show he did the paintings...... it's a bit of ooooooh it must be true moment

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Really good episode this week, this shit must cost a fortune to make. The whole season has been class. If you can chill ya shit about all the how fast people travel when it suites and dont get all empire strikes back is good but return of the jedi is too far fetched on it.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Bran is the night king........ Ive convinced myself.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So the special prostate massage knocked her up?

There are so many angry millennials on the internet who treat this franchise like it's a series of holy books who are moaning like fuck plus there apparently is a very accurate spoiler synopsis of the whole season out there which has proved to be correct so be careful reading too much about this weeks episode.

Why anyone would rather read bullet point spoilers of a series rather than just watch the fucking thing and enjoy it is bizarre to me.

When these idiots watch a movie do they fast forward to the end, watch the last 5 minutes and then go back to the start?

That said there were at least 4 silly plot holes in the last week but it's good enough fun. The explanation that just about works is that the Night King guy had a Bran style vision of him killing a dragon and bringing it back and so his actions were all setting up a trap.

Once you realize that Daenerys calling the dragons her children is exactly like a spinster calling her cats her children it changes the tone a bit. She's really not a very good actor either which is also something once you notice it, becomes distracting.

All in all it's all a lot more Hollywood movie than it used to be now it's less Martin, 7 guys go on a mission and the 6 main ones come back is not Ned Stark execution/red Wedding brutal at all.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

The only reason I know anything about GOT is from obtuse references on South Park. Apparently there are lots of penises flopping around and years of waiting for some dragons. Sounds gayer than Hells to me...

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    The only reason I know anything about GOT is from obtuse references on South Park. Apparently there are lots of penises flopping around and years of waiting for some dragons. Sounds gayer than Hells to me...

Its tits and bush all the way bud ...not your thing really. As for dragons , loads of dragons ,more dragons than you can shake a magic stick at.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So the special prostate massage knocked her up?

There are so many angry millennials on the internet who treat this franchise like it's a series of holy books who are moaning like fuck plus there apparently is a very accurate spoiler synopsis of the whole season out there which has proved to be correct so be careful reading too much about this weeks episode.

Why anyone would rather read bullet point spoilers of a series rather than just watch the fucking thing and enjoy it is bizarre to me.

When these idiots watch a movie do they fast forward to the end, watch the last 5 minutes and then go back to the start?

That said there were at least 4 silly plot holes in the last week but it's good enough fun. The explanation that just about works is that the Night King guy had a Bran style vision of him killing a dragon and bringing it back and so his actions were all setting up a trap.

Once you realize that Daenerys calling the dragons her children is exactly like a spinster calling her cats her children it changes the tone a bit. She's really not a very good actor either which is also something once you notice it, becomes distracting.

All in all it's all a lot more Hollywood movie than it used to be now it's less Martin, 7 guys go on a mission and the 6 main ones come back is not Ned Stark execution/red Wedding brutal at all.
    I like it better now than in the old basil exposition episodes, as for plot holes I dont let it spoil it, mostly lol

I must fess up to getting all involved when some one at work mentioned John Snows sword with the wolf head opened its eyes when he was in the water. Hey am an ambulance chaser .
    Last edited by vandeleur; 08-24-2017 at 10:22 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Its tits and bush all the way bud ...not your thing really. As for dragons , loads of dragons ,more dragons than you can shake a magic stick at.
    Seems that for whatever reason the more dragons you get then the less tits and bush.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Seems that for whatever reason the more dragons you get then the less tits and bush.
    Its brexit effecting the exchange rate.... I remember when a dragon got you plenty of bush.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I must fess up to getting all involved when some one at work mentioned John Snows sword with the wolf head opened its eyes when he was in the water. Hey am an ambulance chaser .
    That one at least has been debunked.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...-must-be-magic

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Tyrion has had less great lines this season , his funnies have been delivered by Bron and the hound... Especially the top knot gag

34. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (08-29-2017)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That one at least has been debunked.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...-must-be-magic
    It looks like water landed on the hilt,

The sun tho ?!?!?!??!!?

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ok that episode was shite ..... nah it was class.
    It was totally rock n roll.
    Although waiting 10 years for the next season will be a kick in the cunt.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah they brought it together well.

I was wondering why Bronn says to Podrick lets go for a beer while the posh people talk that maybe it was a trap.

Only remembered afterwards that Bronn used to fuck Cersai in real life and it ended really badly so they can never be on set together.

GOOD GOD, YA'LL
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I had almost had it with all the "I'm the 3 eyed raven" talk until he finally connected everything for John

Littlefinger going down was classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39. 2 users say thank you to hain23x for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (08-29-2017),Seshmeister (08-29-2017)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah they brought it together well.

I was wondering why Bronn says to Podrick lets go for a beer while the posh people talk that maybe it was a trap.

Only remembered afterwards that Bronn used to fuck Cersai in real life and it ended really badly so they can never be on set together.

I did wonder about the bronn cersai thing knowing that hedley hates her ex and won't be anywhere near him.
    Thought how they gonna do this .

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

New 7 part YouTube series on it.

42. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

vandeleur (08-29-2017)

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Was disappointed they only did 7 episodes this year, when last year there was 10, whats up with that?
    Looked into it, it gets worse, as next year in will only be six, damm...
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/03/heres-...orter-6358750/
    Last edited by Full Bug; 08-29-2017 at 11:40 AM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally this was going to be the final season but then they split it into two because they couldn't fit everything in, Breaking Bad kind of did the same thing.

45. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Full Bug (08-30-2017)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Have all the GOT watchers at Roth Army left or died?

That was intense tonight....

Thread Information