Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Game of thrones - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of us are still catching up. Didn't actually start watching the damned thing until this year, but at least these short seasons (10 episodes or less) are letting me catch up. Knocking out a season per week, and just finished Season 5, so at this rate I should be caught up to the current season before it ends. So that means I'm backing out of this thread before I read any spoilers...
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
      Have all the GOT watchers at Roth Army left or died?

That was intense tonight....
      Good stuff. Some people are bitching about it - I liked it. Some really great moments.

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
        Some of us are still catching up. Didn't actually start watching the damned thing until this year, but at least these short seasons (10 episodes or less) are letting me catch up. Knocking out a season per week, and just finished Season 5, so at this rate I should be caught up to the current season before it ends. So that means I'm backing out of this thread before I read any spoilers...

Ah lucky you Season 6 is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by High Life Man View Post
          Good stuff. Some people are bitching about it - I liked it. Some really great moments.
          Yeah I'm seeing quite a lot of internet bitching, I thought it was really good.

It's funny the things that annoy you, the teenage wargamer in me was furious about the dumb set up of the defensive forces and tactics. You would never put cavalry in the front with your artillery in front of your infantry it makes no sense whatsoever.

There is a lot of whining about it being too dark, I would suggest turning up the brightness on your TV or turning off the lights in the room - problem solved. Not enough beloved characters dying is another common one which seems a bit of an odd request although I admit I did think a few others would have went. The ongoing obsession people have with the wolf thing continues to the point that it seemed like this show was an actual fuck you to those people, why would it be in that first charge?

I'm really trying not to spoil at this point.

Comment

• For the record spoilers now at Season 8 Episode 3 although it's best not to say anything too obvious especially in the first line of your post as that appears on the preview window on the main page.

Anyhoo there was something familiar about Aryas move last night and here is the foreshadowing from season 7.

Comment

• Official doc on S08E03

Comment

There is a lot of whining about it being too dark, I would suggest turning up the brightness on your TV or turning off the lights in the room - problem solved.
                Ok I was talking shit here - the problem was more to do with compression and bandwidth of the streaming. I watched in the dark first time around on a computer monitor, second time around on the TV it was more problematic. Plus I'm watching in the UK with 100 MB/sec feed, I'm guessing a lot of US viewers may not have that.

Good article here on it all https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/29/wh...Bz00C9hPXWDLWg

Main recommendation seems to be switch OFF all your TV's inbuilt features and effects.

Comment

• SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I watched on good ole fashion cable and it looked pretty good to me. It was more of the "fog" and smoke that made it harder to see, but I read that was intentional to keep viewer disoriented as if you where there.
                  Thought it was EPIC and on the other hand disappointing. Not ready for the end of the NK just yet and was hoping for some more back story on him.
                  And to make it even more memorable, a couple of more deaths. I really didn't think anyone was going to get out alive.
                  sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• So, anyone have any theories on how this is going to wrap up in the next two weeks?

Why do I have a feeling that Jamie has been a spy the entire time and will revert back to Cersei's side when it comes down to it?

Dany, following in her dad's footsteps, goes mad?

Comment

• SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

How about the main people Jon, Dany, Cersai etc all die and the newly restored Gendry Baratheon ends up king?

Not impossible...
                      Last edited by Seshmeister; 05-06-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• The interwebs quite excited about spotting a Starbucks coffee on GOT...

Comment

• Originally posted by High Life Man View Post
                          So, anyone have any theories on how this is going to wrap up in the next two weeks?
                          An asteroid hits Earth and wipes out all humans.

The end.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Spoilers up to S08E04

Brienne interview

Comment

• A fairly harsh review of S08E04

Comment

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

How about the main people Jon, Dany, Cersai etc all die and the newly restored Gendry Baratheon ends up king?

Not impossible...

I think Jon Snow will still be standing at the end but refuse to become king and go back up north to hang out with his wolf and Tormund hopefully calming down some of the more hysterical viewers who seemed to be having a heart attack about him not saying goodbye to Ghost properly.

Definitely will be a showdown between The Hound and The Mountain (Cleganebowl).

They are obviously setting up Daenerys to go crazy burning shit up, killing a bunch of people including I'm guessing Varys for treason and have to be taken out maybe by Jon.

The latest fan theory is that Drogon (fucking ridiculous name for a dragon) has had babies because it was missing during season 4.

GOT is getting increasingly silly and you have to ignore a lot more than fucking coffee cups(Kings Landing has moved inland?) but I still expect a big spectacle in episode 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X