X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I thought the LX cars had an electronic limiter set at around 130 mph?

I think the SRT-6 limiter is set around 160 but I've only had it to 140...
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
      No limiter on most SRT cars...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Right, they're limiting it...

Originally posted by ELVIS
            No limiter on most SRT cars...
            Oh please

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I hope you have Z rated tires. I don't care what you are driving once you hit 130 MPH you start tracking in the ruts in the road and the ride gets wobbly past that. I think the fastest I ever drove on a public highway was 150. I didn't want to go past that. Going that fast you learn the road isn't as level as it looks.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Oh please
                You know nothing about cars...

My SRT8 and every other SRT8 I have looked into or read about is not speed limited...

Neither is a Viper...

SRT6 and SRT4 crs are speed limited...

Now shaddup...

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  I hope you have Z rated tires.
                  They are. Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

I have BFG G force Comp 2 Z rated...

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

BTW twona...

I love this friggin' Super Bee, dude...

Just changing all the fluids, I've learned to love and appreciate it more and more...

It's simply a well built car from every standpoint, and people smile when they see it coming...

And it's showing 22.4 mpg on the highway at 70mph...

Not bad at all...

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I like to hear that people are into their cars. Too many settle for boring appliances.

I don't have a fuel economy thingie but I know if I drive it hard I use more gas. Drove it to Advance to pick up some parts for my Cherokee and noticed I don't have 53,000 miles on it yet. It'll be ten years old in '15, maybe it'll have 55k on it by then.

And I bought another J truck the other day. Not keeping it long, the bed is better than mine so it's gonna get swapped and sold.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          I hope you have Z rated tires. I don't care what you are driving once you hit 130 MPH you start tracking in the ruts in the road and the ride gets wobbly past that. I think the fastest I ever drove on a public highway was 150. I didn't want to go past that. Going that fast you learn the road isn't as level as it looks.
                          Just don't ever drive on them in snow...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You know nothing about cars...

My SRT8 and every other SRT8 I have looked into or read about is not speed limited...
                            Oh, okay. I guess Chrysler doesn't mind the liability from retarded hicks then...

Neither is a Viper...

SRT6 and SRT4 crs are speed limited...

Now shaddup...
                            The Vipers were freaks that weren't "thought out", most everything else is electronically "limited" to one degree or another, so dummies don't blow their engines and they meet some semblance of U.S. emissions...

My, the resident preaching Christian sure drives some assholes cars though...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I like to hear that people are into their cars. Too many settle for boring appliances.

I don't have a fuel economy thingie but I know if I drive it hard I use more gas. Drove it to Advance to pick up some parts for my Cherokee and noticed I don't have 53,000 miles on it yet. It'll be ten years old in '15, maybe it'll have 55k on it by then.

And I bought another J truck the other day. Not keeping it long, the bed is better than mine so it's gonna get swapped and sold.
                              I just read the government is going to have to increase the fuel tax because cars have become fuel efficient to the point where there isn't enough tax revenue to cover the cost of maintaining the roads. Also I can remember LA in the 1970's where the sky was just a haze from the car emissions. Last time I was there you could see the San Gabriel Mountains all the way from the deck of the Queen Mary in Long Beach. You never could in the 1970's due to pollution.

Cars aren't cheap and not everyone lives the same lifestyle. Some need SUV's to deal with snow and off road conditions. An SUV full of people gong down the highway is still more fuel efficient than having to take two economy cars to haul the same load.

People still love cars and in places like China and Russia where people typically never owned cars in the past buy a new car as soon as they have the money to do so.

People love cars even with all the problems they tend to cause. It's having the freedom to go where you want to go and an individual identity. You can tell a lot about a person by what kind of car they drive.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

BTW twona...

I love this friggin' Super Bee, dude...

Just changing all the fluids, I've learned to love and appreciate it more and more...

It's simply a well built car from every standpoint, and people smile when they see it coming...

And it's showing 22.4 mpg on the highway at 70mph...

Not bad at all...
                                The original Super Bees weren't well built. I kind of shake my head seeing what some of those muscle cars go for at auction. They were cheap built cars with big engines marketed to the younger crowd. I'm sure the manufactures made pretty good money on them because there sure wasn't much to those cars and the trim was always cheap.

Comment

Working...