Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Just saw the Hellcat in an episode of "The Grand Tour" - which is Top Gear, rebranded under Amazon Prime (and better than the BBC's new version with Joey from "Friends" and those other scabs)

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

That reminded me of one time I was test driving a V6 Genesis Coupe while i working for Hyundai/Kia. It had a six speed automatic.(I think) I'm rolling down the 5 heading for the 10 west when a semi starts coming into my lane. I floored it get out of the way and the rear tires went up in smoke. I managed to avoid the accident but I still got chewed out for over revving the motor even though I was well below red line.
      Last edited by cadaverdog; 01-15-2017, 11:19 PM.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Igosplut
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        I was thinking like a "boxer" or Subaru engine but that's different.
        Same as early VW/ Porsche design. Common old engine layout.
        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
          Just saw the Hellcat in an episode of "The Grand Tour" - which is Top Gear, rebranded under Amazon Prime (and better than the BBC's new version with Joey from "Friends" and those other scabs)

The intro says Charger, but it's a Challenger Hellcat.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
            That reminded me of one time I was test driving a V6 Genesis Coupe while i working for Hyundai/Kia. It had a six speed automatic.(I think) I'm rolling down the 5 heading for the 10 west when a semi starts coming into my lane. I floored it get out of the way and the rear tires went up in smoke. I managed to avoid the accident but I still got chewed out for over revving the motor even though I was well below red line.
            Come on dude. Even with go kart tires on it, it wouldn't break them loose at highway speed. I'm thinking you hit the brake pedal instead of the gas pedal. That's the only way that piece of shit would have any smoke coming off the tires.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Huh... didn't even catch that. I don't know who made the YouTube video, but I would think the Top Gear guys would definitely know better.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                Huh... didn't even catch that. I don't know who made the YouTube video, but I would think the Top Gear guys would definitely know better.
                You would think.

However, the Charger Hellcat is the baddest production 4 door car ever made. I'd take either version of the Hellcat.

But I'm really looking forward to this Demon they're coming out with. 9.80's in the 1/4 mile in a nearly 5000 lb car? Wow. I'd love to put that engine in a Prowler!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Nevermind. I accidentally double posted
                  Last edited by cadaverdog; 01-18-2017, 03:40 AM.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen
                    Come on dude. Even with go kart tires on it, it wouldn't break them loose at highway speed. I'm thinking you hit the brake pedal instead of the gas pedal. That's the only way that piece of shit would have any smoke coming off the tires.
                    I was doing quite a bit less than freeway speed as that area is always jammed up. The 5 freeway had some fairly deep ruts in that area which probably contributed to the loss of traction as well. Those Genesis Coupes aren't pieces of shit either. The V6 is rated at 306 HP. The same era Mustang GT's weighed more and had less horsepower. The car I was driving was a prototype but I assume that HP figure is fairly accurate.
                    Check out this review and you might think twice about calling it a piece of shit.

Drifting glamour boy Rhys Millen demonstrates in the TV ads the stability control’s most interesting mode: off. The 3.8 has torque enough to whipsaw the coupe sideways—at least, with some provocation to overcome the inherent understeer.

Last edited by cadaverdog; 01-18-2017, 04:03 AM.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...