X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    I got my drivers license driving mom's 69 Olds Vista Cruiser...

It's very unusual for an American to wait until their 40th birthday to get their license.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Love it!

What mini-van has that kind of character?
      Exactly... and a 455 V8...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I have a V-8

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

They don't make V8 Maliboos...

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
            Love it!

What mini-van has that kind of character?
            Brings back memories of going to the movies in one. The windows in the roof were cool. I loved the ones that had the back facing seat.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Those old XJ6's were absolutely notorious.

I've made lots of heart over head decisions over the years but even I wouldn't have touched one of them.

For the last 10 years I've really fallen out of love with the 'car as a statement of who you are' thing.

If you don't have unlimited money it seems not only a waste of money but an unoriginal way to spend your cash. Maybe doesn't work so well in the US but I heard a bit of fiscal advice which is very true at least for people in their 20s/30s that you should buy the most expensive home you can afford and the cheapest car. Property goes up in value cars fucking divebomb at least here.

I've never bought a new car. I may one day just to see what it's like but I would rather buy a 3 year old car at 50% of the price and spend the difference on living and doing stuff.

Nothing worse in this world than the guy with the expensive car that means he can't afford to live...

Plus the second scratch doesn't hurt.

The not having to give a shit is a huge freedom.

I leave it anywhere and literally don't care much if it's there when I go back a day later in a taxi to pick it up. That's a great feeling.

I'd much rather have a big taxi budget than a brand new Merc but I realise that's not an option for a lot of people in the US. If I go out in the city here it costs me about $15 to get home in a cab.
              The older XJ6's were good looking cars. They are just money pits. New cars are poor investments. Always have been. Older cars with some collectors value is a different story. Some of us would have done well if we sat on our late 60's muscle cars for a few decades. LOL!

Real estate can be a lousy investment. The problem with real estate is it sometimes can be difficult to sell and there are the costs of taxes and insurance. You don't buy the home you buy the neighborhood so in general buying the cheapest house in the best neighborhood you can afford is good advice. Big houses can be hard to sell but a smaller, well maintained home in a great neighborhood usually move.

Car culture is just not in the US. In places like China and Russia what people want as soon as they have some extra money is a new car. You wouldn't dare ride a bicycle in Bejing today. Your ass would get ran over!

If nobody bought new cars there wouldn't be any used ones to buy. It's always nice to have someone else take the depreciation hit and if they kept it on the maintenance schedule that's the one you want to snag.

You can get by without a car in New York City. Where you have denser populations you have better public transportation. Where you need a car is where that isn't available or doesn't work for where you want to go. Where I live you have to not only have a car but something that can get around in lots of snow in the winter. Some days I'm driving 300 plus miles just going places for work.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

So Chrysler has released HP figures and the base price for the awesome SRT Hellcat pictured below:

707HP !!

Base price $59,000

That's awesome...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

That's not gonna make the tree huggers happy...
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

And in other news, my wife and I stumbled onto this beautiful SRT Super Bee a few days ago...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406134790.048131.jpg

And today God has trusted us enough with our finances to allow it to reside in our driveway !!

Thank you, Father...

In Jesus' mighty name...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406134999.675922.jpg

Amen !!

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'm waiting for the Charger. I think I'm ready for a practical car.

Haven't seen if they are going to make a Grand Cherokee SRT Hellcat.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        I'm waiting for the Charger.
                        See above...

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Nice! I like that color.

Our cuntinuous improvement guy worked at Alcoa, where those wheels were made.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Dude, it's nice...

Garage kept, new tires, new exhaust, 30,000 miles...

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

A fabled penis extender car only Dumbellvis sees as having any value.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

No, a Maliboo has no value...

It's just throw away transportation...

A Super Bee has both style and class, as well as superior power and comfort...

It's also a collector car, with real value...

Last edited by ELVIS; 07-23-2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...