Van Halen - The Grind - Live @ Gazzarri's 1975!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Van Halen - The Grind - Live @ Gazzarri's 1975!

Last edited by WARF; 06-05-2014, 11:56 AM.
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I play this version to death on the I-Pod. Wish was clearer. Such an awesome groove. I've found that just about all cover songs VH did back then are improvements over the originals. There are two studio versions of this Tommy Bolin song that don't shake or come to life like this version. Same goes for Trower's "The Fool and Me" and ZZ Top's "Chevrolet". VH turned prop planes into fuckin' jets I say.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
      I play this version to death on the I-Pod. Wish was clearer. Such an awesome groove. I've found that just about all cover songs VH did back then are improvements over the originals. There are two studio versions of this Tommy Bolin song that don't shake or come to life like this version. Same goes for Trower's "The Fool and Me" and ZZ Top's "Chevrolet". VH turned prop planes into fuckin' jets I say.
      Imagine the total baseball bat to the head that occurred while watching a golf match roughly 5 years ago...Calloway Golf used "The Fool And Me" for a soundtrack to introduce a new line of clubs in a commercial. And no, I have tried to find the clip ever since, to no avail.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...