Thread: Time To Educate The Hagar Fans About Concert Numbers

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Time To Educate The Hagar Fans About Concert Numbers

INCREDIBLE. Someone (probably a Hagar fan) sent me a message that my numbers were completely wrong about the 2 night stand in Philly. LET ME EDUCATE YOU MORONS ONE MORE TIME. When a promoter books a show by a band he ONLY puts the amount of tix on sale he THINKS the band can actually sell. So even though the capacity for the Wacvoia center is listed at around 26,000 for 2 shows THIS IS NOT THE TRUE CAPACITY OF THE VENUE AT ALL. That venue holds 20,444 seats plus whatever they ADD to the floor. Now taking into account the tarp that usually hangs behind the stage you lose around 3 or 4 thousand seats but you make back up some for the ADDED FLOOR SEATS. If the arena holds 20,444 x 2 nights that is 40,888 seats plus floor so it's probably about 45,000 seats MINUS the back of the stage (maybe 4 or 5 thousand a night). If you do the SIMPLE FUCKING MATH on this you will see (even Hagar dumbasses) that VHagar's promoter could have EASILY fucking put around 32,000 to 35,000 tix on sale for the 2 nights. Instead he put around 26,000 tix on sale and they sold around 21,000. AGAIN, THE DEAMAND WAS NOWHERE NEAR AS BIG AS THE PROMOTER OR VHAGAR thought it would be for this city. They shoud have just played 1 night. The idiot that sent me a personal message doesn't know anything about the music business. Then again he's most likely a Hagar fan which means he's brain dead.
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You friggin rule

"Lady's Man"
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Time To Educate The Hagar Fans About Concert Numbers

Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
    INCREDIBLE. Someone (probably a Hagar fan) sent me a message that my numbers were completely wrong about the 2 night stand in Philly. LET ME EDUCATE YOU MORONS ONE MORE TIME. When a promoter books a show by a band he ONLY puts the amount of tix on sale he THINKS the band can actually sell. So even though the capacity for the Wacvoia center is listed at around 26,000 for 2 shows THIS IS NOT THE TRUE CAPACITY OF THE VENUE AT ALL. That venue holds 20,444 seats plus whatever they ADD to the floor. Now taking into account the tarp that usually hangs behind the stage you lose around 3 or 4 thousand seats but you make back up some for the ADDED FLOOR SEATS. If the arena holds 20,444 x 2 nights that is 40,888 seats plus floor so it's probably about 45,000 seats MINUS the back of the stage (maybe 4 or 5 thousand a night). If you do the SIMPLE FUCKING MATH on this you will see (even Hagar dumbasses) that VHagar's promoter could have EASILY fucking put around 32,000 to 35,000 tix on sale for the 2 nights. Instead he put around 26,000 tix on sale and they sold around 21,000. AGAIN, THE DEAMAND WAS NOWHERE NEAR AS BIG AS THE PROMOTER OR VHAGAR thought it would be for this city. They shoud have just played 1 night. The idiot that sent me a personal message doesn't know anything about the music business. Then again he's most likely a Hagar fan which means he's brain dead.

>>>Someone (probably a Hagar fan) sent me a message that my numbers were completely wrong about the 2 night stand in Philly.

>>>The idiot that sent me a personal message doesn't know anything about the music business. Then again he's most likely a Hagar fan which means he's brain dead.

Cocksucker, that post and pm come from my executive secretary. She simple asked you to read what I have already written on this subject at:

VH Chart, Ticket Sales, Tour Success - NOT!

which is always at the top of this forum, since you cannot seem to find it fuckstick, even though she gave you the specific URL to my comments on this matter.

I’ve got 35 years in the music business, 18 of it as a A & R rep for a major label. We get our VH venue data directly from a contact in CCE’s accounting department. Don’t come on this forum, start ANOTHER NEW THREAD, to avoid my simple request in a previous thread on this well discussed subject, and then spew all your clueless, mindless, and insulting crap in a fashion that would make Sammy Hagar want to suck your 2” cock!

Here cowboy take this previous post, from my aforementioned thread that you chose to ignore, and stick it in your crack pipe and smoke it.
    Last edited by gslinger; 07-01-2004 at 02:33 PM.
    <center>Accept Only Van <strike>Halen</strike> Roth Classic!
    "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
    </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
    <center>
    "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>
    <center>Click>"Hot Chicks for Dave" & "Dave’s Cavalcade of Bimbos"</center>

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    where is that image from? a trade mag or something?

"Lady's Man"
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here's another post you chose to ignore on my thread, that my assistant asked you to review, Thetruthbaby..........rightttttt!!!!

"Lady's Man"
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Have you seen this weeks chart, on my thread clown!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

GUNSLINER: WTF

Dude I have no idea what your reply was about. This was not the message I was referring to. I got a message from some dumbass saying that I posted incorrect information about the VHagar shows in Philly. WHICH IS A FUCKING LIE as I pointed out in this thread. The numbers are official, around 21,000 sold (don't remember the exact number) and around 26,000 PRINTED by the promoter. NOWHERE near the amount of tix that could have been printed by the promoter. I was right then, and I'm right now. I have no idea what your post is suppose to mean. It looks to me as if you didn't read my post or have trouble understanding english. My post points out that VHagar and their business people far over estimated the demand for the shows in Philly. As for other factors such as false reports issued by promoters or "papering" that is all speculation until proven by a credible source. I know all about "papering" but I'm only referring to official numbers in my post and it seemed clear by my referencing Billboard that this was the case. It wouldn't surprise me at all if VHagar "papered" the house but I have no credible proof and until I see something by a credible music news source I will not post it because again it's speculation. Your reply is bizarre to me. I'm DLR all the way and as stated earlier I wasn't referring to your posts or other things you've posted. WTF?

"Lady's Man"
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bullshit, do you even know what you are posting to! Here's the pm and an exact copy of the post on YOUR LAST bullshit thread on this subject, before you broke that thread and started this new one with more of your fucking bullshit on this subject...gs

--------

PM Sent to Thetruthbaby

Please Help With Facts - Thank You for gs
    ---------------------------------------

"Originally posted by Thetruthbaby"
    have been the 2 Philly shows. They sold around 21,000 tix for 2 nights but the thing is they played a venue that seats 20.444 (at least about 32,000 tix could have been purchased even after accounting for the back of the stage block out for the 2 night stand). So if they sold 21,000 but could have sold over 30,000 in that venue then obviously the demand in Philly was not nearly as high as VHagar and the promoters thought it would be."

------
    posted by tv

All your data is inaccurate and was discussed below. Please help out fellow Roth Army members by having the correct facts. xoxoxox Trixie

VH Chart, Ticket Sales, Tour Success - NOT!

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/show...p?threadid=5853

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

GUNSLINGER

Dude, you're not the only peson on this board who replies to my threads or posts. And you're not the only person who sends me messages either. If you think you're the only person on this board who sends messages you're sadly mistaken. If I had been referring to your message I would have put your name in my thread or in the description area. Since I consider all Hagar fans to be like minded (simple another words) I addressed it to them as a whole. Dude you have a big ego. The world does not revolve around you. Get a grip on reality.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Another fertilizer shut down.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

FOR THE RECORD

Just so everyone will know, I've rec messages from a few people stating such things as (had to be Hagar fans) that 5150 would be certified Diamond (10 million) by the end of this tour and that VHagar sold out the 2 nights in Philly. Also rec one a few days back that said that my albums sales list for VH was incorrect and that VHII had only sold 4 million (I POINTED OUT in the thread that I was including updated numbers reported by by Blabbermouth that also benefited the Hagar catalog). I have rec this crap more than once from different people which is why I normally address my threads to Hagar fans in general.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Cool Re: Time To Educate The Hagar Fans About Concert Numbers

Hi GSlinger:

What is your take on Dave's appearance on CBS? I'm interested to know since you are in the music industry and probable could bring an informed perspective, vis a vis a Spammy and/or Van Hagar sheep lover. (Note: I think, IMHO, that this will be great for Dave)

Thanks for your input,
    Rucalobe
    "Dave, these motherfuckers are out of line!!!"

Thread Information