X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Wimbledon madness

Off to Wimbledon tomorrow for the first time sitting in the hotel and I read this crazy fucking madness in their website.

Alcohol may be brought into the Grounds but is limited to the equivalent of one bottle of wine or two 500ml cans of beer per person. The consumption of alcohol is permitted only in public bars and other authorised areas. Glass drinking vessels may not be used on the Show Courts; all drinks taken onto the Show Courts must be covered to avoid spillage. Hot and/or strong smelling food may not be taken onto the Show Courts. The AELTC reserves the right to refuse entry to the stands of any court to anyone carrying alcohol and to ask anyone drinking alcohol in the stands to leave.
    2 beers?
    A bottle of wine?
    I assume that's a volume thing so there is a limit of a bottle of booze.
    I've packed 8 miniatures of vodka just to take the edge off...
    If you see a fight breaking out on court 1 tomorrow you'll know it's me...
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Tennis , hope it's the women's
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Pimms , aren't you meant to drink Pimms . Pimms sounds like a good mixer with vodka
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

See, this is why NASCAR kicks ass. You can carry a cooler full of beer in with you. Plus you get to look at all the hot redneck womarns in skimpy, trashy t shirt or bikini tops.
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Well that's the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club for ya. They seem to be a wee bit conservative. White attire only. White balls only. Apparently they let the women grunt now.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            Well that's the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club for ya. They seem to be a wee bit conservative. White attire only. White balls only. Apparently they let the women grunt now.
            So are you saying this place is Whites only?

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              See, this is why NASCAR kicks ass. You can carry a cooler full of beer in with you. Plus you get to look at all the hot redneck womarns in skimpy, trashy t shirt or bikini tops.
              I want to get one of those big pools at Walmart. Fill it up with trashy women and have floating coolers of cheap beer. Set it up in the middle of the track area and watch the race.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                So are you saying this place is Whites only?
                Maybe there is an underlying message there. These fancy British institutions don't like to change things much. They keep it traditional. I can't think of anywhere else that still has grass courts. I always wanted to play on grass.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  I want to get one of those big pools at Walmart. Fill it up with trashy women and have floating coolers of cheap beer. Set it up in the middle of the track area and watch the race.
                  Come down to Charlotte next May for a week and we will do exactly what you just said. Well, the pool can't be real big, but we can do it. And probably wind up on TV too. I've got a buddy who has an RV and spends the whole week at the track. We can bunk with him.

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Going to cheer on the Canucks are ya Sesh?
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Got a bit tipsy and ended up in what I guess must have been a gay bar.
                      The people were insanely good fun. I'm wondering now about infiltrating the gay scene in a celibate way.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        The people were insanely good fun. I'm wondering now about infiltrating the gay scene in a celibate way.
                        You better hope you don't run into one of these. You'll be a new man!

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          You're on your last fucking brain cell...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I know you can get strawberries and creme at Wimbledom. I don't know about transvestites. I might have to open up one of my "Flamers" restaurants there if there is no competition.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Hah it was a bizarre mixture of people in that place last night. The pulled the shutters down and locked the doors, bars are meant to shut a couple of hours before I made that post and it was going strong when we left.
                              The bar staff were the least sober people there.
                              The guy that unlocked the door to let us out said 'Come back tomorrow night, we're having a party!'

Comment

Working...