X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

What tragic news. Shocking.

Back in the day she and I would IM each other on MSN Messenger all the time. Sometimes she would playfully send a "story", shall we say....

In fact, I recall now that on 9/11, when I was right down the street from the Pentagon, it was Christine who immediately checked in with me when I signed onto MSN to make sure I was OK.

I guess it's inevitable when you have an aging group of people at a website that has been online for, what, 15 years now, that these things happen. We've lost several great people now, and it doesn't get any easier when you hear the news.

RIP Yankee Rose......
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Such a sweet, endearing girl. I am devastated by her passing, yet am inspired by her life. Yeah, Chris will be missed, yet never forgotten. Her existence is to be celebrated by all that ever came in contact with her, as well as by those that did not.

Farewell, my dear.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Sad,sad news...

Rest in peace Christine.
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• SparkieD
          Veteran
          • Sep 2006

Just to clarify, she wasn't the first Yankee Rose around here, but I think she nabbed the name as soon as the site came back. She was also known as Candy Girl. She burst onto the scene as YR with RothFans v.1 and migrated over here. On other sites, she's known simply as Christine. Regardless of whatever screen name you want to call her, she was one of the best.

She knew this day would come. She would tell me how she knew she would never get to see her little girl into adulthood in which I would always reply with some of my hopeless optimism to encourage her. I never believed her. My optimism was real, but now, I'm really angry that what little time she had in this world was always spent with those thoughts in the back of her mind. She fought a long, hard battle and yet was still one of the sweetest, dearest, and most fun souls you could ever know.
          Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
          Originally posted by rustoffa
          Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

These are heartbreaking news... How deeply sad it is to hear about a young mother passing away.

I haven't really met Yankee Rose in the forums, but reading the messages in this sad thread it seems she was a great person. My thoughts go to her little girl and her family who will dramatically miss her and will need strength to go through hard moments.

I've seen too many cases - like many of us unfortunately -, young children even, and every time it's just... unspeakable.

R.I.P Yankee Rose
            Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 07-08-2014, 12:12 PM.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by SparkieD
              Just to clarify, she wasn't the first Yankee Rose around here, but I think she nabbed the name as soon as the site came back. She was also known as Candy Girl.
              Oh man, well that changes things....

Still tragic that Christine passed away, of course, but thanks for the clarification.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Always sucks to lose a CVH fan...R.I.P

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

So, this isn't the tatted up YR I have naked pictures of?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                    So, this isn't the tatted up YR I have naked pictures of?
                    Appears not Von...

The YR I was referring to is an attractive long-haired blonde from South Carolina.....

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Logged back in just so I could re-read a PM from her.....

Happening way too often these days. Such a great person, too.
                      Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Sad to see this thread is not about remembering the song Yankee Rose. All I can say is it looks like Yankee Rose had a fan club of her own in here.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

She was a fun poster and not just a net persona... A real human being.
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• katina
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                            These are heartbreaking news... How deeply sad it is to hear about a young mother passing away.

I haven't really met Yankee Rose in the forums, but reading the messages in this sad thread it seems she was a great person. My thoughts go to her little girl and her family who will dramatically miss her and will need strength to go through hard moments.

I've seen too many cases - like many of us unfortunately -, young children even, and every time it's just... unspeakable.

R.I.P Yankee Rose
                            Let me quote you, Jérôme, your words reflect very well my feelings.
                            I didn't know Christine, but I know from my own experience the eternal pain of losing a parent at a very young age, God bless her child.
                            R.I.P. Yankee Rose.

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Hey again folks,

Yes, I apologize - I should have spent a few extra moments clarifying exactly which Yankee Rose we were talking about, I apologize for any confusion I may have caused. Rest assured it was inadvertent on my part.
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by bueno bob
                                Hey again folks,

Yes, I apologize - I should have spent a few extra moments clarifying exactly which Yankee Rose we were talking about, I apologize for any confusion I may have caused. Rest assured it was inadvertent on my part.
                                Hey, no problem. Like Va said, "tragic". We lost a member of our CVH/DLR loving community. A member that was very well thought of. It fucking sucks her life was cut short.

Comment

Working...