Hey folks.

Losing somebody dear to us always happens at the most inopportune of times. Here at the Army, we're unfortunately a bit experienced with that. Sometimes we know it's coming, quite often we don't. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own day to day battles, battles that we think are the be-all end-all of existance, that we don't often recognize the TRUE warriors around us who battle to the limit of their strength, each and every single day, with every passing breath.

It saddens me to say that Yankee Rose, better known to a lot of us as Christine, passed away Saturday after a long and arduous battle. Out of respect for her and her family, I won't go into any real details of what happened. Her passing isn't what is really important, anyway - what's important is her life. Her friends (many of which were from this site), her family, and keeping her memory alive...that's what counts.

Christine LOVED Van Halen, she adored David and she loved the Roth Army. She made a whole slew of very supportive friends here, many of which came to know her as extended family. Christine and I had a few very good conversations, both in public forums and in private. I'm glad to say that Christine impacted my time here at the Army in a very positive way and she kept me laughing - and thinking - with every post I had the pleasure to read.

She was a FANTASTIC community member, a wonderful friend and dearly loved by not only us, but her other friends and the family she leaves behind.

Quite often we wonder at the fairness of some things and ask where the justice is in it all. It's times like this that we remember that, for what time we have here, life is an adventure. How we impact others is really the true lasting legacy that we leave. How we impact those lives determines how they impact others. While we're all very separate people sometimes, our interactions with the world are impossible to fathom, and I know for a fact that Christine left the world a better place than it was when she got here.

God bless you, girl. You will be dearly missed. Thank you for spending your time with us. All things return.

rose1.jpg