• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    I figure that too, Von...

The fool doesn't realize he's running out of future to horde...
    Well new dentures, new hair dye, new hip replacements, and a new wife with big tits made Ed feel like he's younger and has plenty of time to waste.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

If Dave wants to be creative he needs to dump the Van Halens. The last album was pretty much old stuff from the vault. I never listen to it. I don't know if Dave needs the money or wants the money from another tour but frankly, the Van Halens are two old fucks past their prime. Wolfie is the wrong guy for the band. They don't have the fire or desire anymore but Dave still does. I would rather see Dave with John 5 live than with Eddie.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

In the Guitar World interview with Wolf that came out around the time of ADKOT, I recall him expressing how disappointed he was with how long the recording process took. If he's on this latest recording, I'll bet it's his last. Just can't imagine what the hell takes so long.

Comment

• Southpaw
          Roadie
          • Jan 2009

Diamond Dave is #2 trending on Yahoo News about new debut album

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            In the Guitar World interview with Wolf that came out around the time of ADKOT, I recall him expressing how disappointed he was with how long the recording process took. If he's on this latest recording, I'll bet it's his last. Just can't imagine what the hell takes so long.
            Ted Templeman said the dynamic in Van Halen changed as soon as Ed built his studio. He said when you are renting studio time you have to get on with it. When you own the studio you can take your time and play with the mixes too much. He didn't say it but you could tell he was saying 5150 ruined Van Halen. That band died as soon as 5150 came into the picture. 5150 is police code for the criminally insane. Well it's fitting because as soon as we heard about 5150 Sammy Hagar showed up.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Southpaw
              Number one now...

Comment

• So this is love
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Number one now...

WTF......Sure didn't see this coming... Hopefully this doesn't lead to the fucking cheesecake coming back with Eddie..sorry I am happy for Dave but a little paranoid over the future of Van Fucking Halen.
                Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2006

Sure hope this sees the light of day. I thought DLR Band was a great album and a taste of what a Van Halen album would have been like if they would have reunited at that point in time. John 5 smokes on guitar!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Southpaw
                    Nice thought but when compared to where Yahoo ranks among Search Engines they represent 3rd with less than 10% of the market... behind Bing at 19% and Google at 67%. Number 2 in a 2nd tier farm team ain't quite braggin rights...
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      Number 2 in a 2nd tier farm team ain't quite braggin rights...
                      it can be for the farmers...
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Dan
                        You Cant Be In Two Bands,Dave.
                        That's probably what Ed's thinking right about now. Some bands can stick together after individual members do solo albums and side projects and some can't. Jagger did solo albums and some of the other Stones had side projects and they stuck together. Daltrey and Townsend did solo albums.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Townsend's solo stuff goes under the name the who
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• smorgdonkey
                            Roadie
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            Well, you can't really blame Ed. I mean, look what happened last time Dave did a solo project when he was in VH. It sold like hot cakes, he got all big headed, and quit the band to make a movie that never got made.
                            Well, I see it a lot differently...my version:

"look what happened last time Dave did a solo project when he was in VH. It sold like hot cakes, Eddie couldn't f'n stand that Dave got any success without him and pulled the control freak card (doubled-up since it was now in Ed's own studio). Probably acted toward Dave like he acted toward Mike Anthony the last little while before Mike was unceremoniously punted and Dave left to do whatever instead of living with Ed's infinite tantrum."

Ed's ego makes Dave's ego look like wounded self-esteem.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by smorgdonkey
                              Well, I see it a lot differently...my version:

"look what happened last time Dave did a solo project when he was in VH. It sold like hot cakes, Eddie couldn't f'n stand that Dave got any success without him and pulled the control freak card (doubled-up since it was now in Ed's own studio). Probably acted toward Dave like he acted toward Mike Anthony the last little while before Mike was unceremoniously punted and Dave left to do whatever instead of living with Ed's infinite tantrum."

Ed's ego makes Dave's ego look like wounded self-esteem.
                              I think that pretty much sums it up.
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• smorgdonkey
                                Roadie
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                If Dave wants to be creative he needs to dump the Van Halens. The last album was pretty much old stuff from the vault. I never listen to it. I don't know if Dave needs the money or wants the money from another tour but frankly, the Van Halens are two old fucks past their prime. Wolfie is the wrong guy for the band. They don't have the fire or desire anymore but Dave still does. I would rather see Dave with John 5 live than with Eddie.
                                I don't think that I could agree with you any more on that topic - exactly how I feel.

AAAAAND...if you think about it, Dave has always been the creative one. Ed was 'just' a virtuoso. He could have easily been one of the many who had 'moderate' careers but he ended up in the right vehicle with 'Van'.
                                Last edited by smorgdonkey; 08-09-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...