Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Because they're clueless to the world...

Keep playing stupid games, people...

Nothing to worry about...

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Because they're clueless to the world...

Keep playing stupid games, people...

Nothing to worry about...
      I agree. Speaking as a gamer, & having played that back then, I can say that's a very mediocre port of a game that, while a classic, offers very little in the way of entertainment these days.

I get the whole retro gaming stuff, but a lot of modern games offer a much more in-depth experience than these simple games from a bygone era. Sure, the classics are easy to pick up & play, but they're also boring.

Oh, you meant the world has a lot of problems so we shouldn't waste time playing games? Well, the world always had a lot of problems & except for a few rare cases, the populace never really could solve any of them.

So you could

a) become one of the Puppets playing by their rules & that includes fighting in the internet with other people about issues out of our control, like global climate warming change.

b) worry every waking minute of your life about how the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

or

c) don't give a crap about any of that & just pass the time the way you like it until you die. I guess this could be the b option too, if you're really into that sort of stuff.

Anyway, guess what option I chose. No prizes.

Cheers!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by FORD
        Can't find that game... or the Asteroids game either.

Though somebody made a YouTube of the latter, for some odd reason....

the asteroid game showed up again, i was playin' it about a month ago...
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Anonymous
            Banned
            • May 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
            the asteroid game showed up again, i was playin' it about a month ago...
            You are clueless to the world.

Do you even know what a twink is?

Cheers!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
              You are clueless to the world.

Do you even know what a twink is?

Cheers!
              gar told me years ago...

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

gar told me years ago...
                Nice dodge!

Cheers!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Nice dodge!

Cheers!

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

Oh, I think I remember that story. I think I read it at TCR. Congratulations again on having a real gem as a wife.

So the paedo did tell you about twinks, huh?

Leave it to that son of a bitch to ruin jokes four years in the future.

Cheers!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I agree. Speaking as a gamer, & having played that back then, I can say that's a very mediocre port of a game that, while a classic, offers very little in the way of entertainment these days.

I get the whole retro gaming stuff, but a lot of modern games offer a much more in-depth experience than these simple games from a bygone era. Sure, the classics are easy to pick up & play, but they're also boring.

Oh, you meant the world has a lot of problems so we shouldn't waste time playing games? Well, the world always had a lot of problems & except for a few rare cases, the populace never really could solve any of them.

So you could

a) become one of the Puppets playing by their rules & that includes fighting in the internet with other people about issues out of our control, like global climate warming change.

b) worry every waking minute of your life about how the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

or

c) don't give a crap about any of that & just pass the time the way you like it until you die. I guess this could be the b option too, if you're really into that sort of stuff.

Anyway, guess what option I chose. No prizes.

Cheers!
                      The world is one big game. You play by opening the front door to the house and walking outside. Whether you play a long game or a short game depends on your skill and luck.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        You play by opening the front door to the house and walking outside. Whether you play a long game or a short game depends on your skill and luck.
                        That reads as a fortune cookie statement... with no actual fortune.

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          That reads as a fortune cookie statement... with no actual fortune.
                          Sometimes, an open-ended outcome is the best fortune you could hope for.

Cheers!

Comment

• vaijuju
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2008

I'm a david lee roth' fan ! thanks for this ! perhaps we shall make a topic " " Encyclopedia of dave' studios ? inédits ? year after year, all dave's production"

Official things like ...California Girls (remix) Ep 1985 with poster or David Lee Roth "Night Life" 1994 ! or inédits or cover songs like "Take Savera " or "Kill the guy" or "Baker Street" ..sorry again for my bad english!!
                            http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by redozzman
                              Dave covering Jimmy Buffett, got to love it!
                              Cute......... And I'll take more of Chinatown, Blood and Fire, As Is, You & Your Blues, Honeybaby and even Trouble With Never any day of the week over this yawn fest. Let Hag the horrible pretend he is Jimmy Buffet !!!!! Dave has done the cover fest way too much for my taste. Yea he is good at it but so what ? Leave it for the radio interviews. I want more rock & roll.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

After the week I've had, I felt this worthy of a bump. Hope you folks enjoy a rerun of a modest classic.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...