Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart...hot-head or accident?

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Did Kristy get high yesterday? 'cause I'm sensing some after high hostility here... I think she needs to switch to a different weed. Maybe a half ounce of Happy Days mixed with some Walkin' On Sunshine.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,063 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    It was a question dumbass...

How long should life go on hold for a tragic death..? What's appropriate..?

As I type this over 88,000 have died today... over 35.6 million this year. How long does the world go on-hold for 1, 20 year old kid?
    That's not even a argument. For today I farted and added methane gas to the ozone. What's your fucking point!? No one is putting "life on hold" here. Where did I say that? What I am saying (and listen closely) is corporate greed outstripping human dignity. The only "tragedy" NASCAR cares about is losing money whenever a driver dies.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It's Skittle time, Donnie.

For fuck's sake.

4. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (08-15-2014)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    It's Skittle time, Donnie.

For fuck's sake.
    Well thank God. For a minute I thought you'd been smoking that Helter Skelter weed again...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,093 Times in 2,004 Posts

Blog Entries
    Appears it could be Whirled Peas™ brand weed... With the brain blender kicker added!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 3,461 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post

Um, no...If he turns left his back end goes right and he goes through the kid and not just clipping him. Understand these cars please and how they are steered...with throttle and not steering. This is common knowledge.

He revved to miss and have his back end go the other way. What he was able to see or not see we can't know for sure...all conjecture
    What's not 'conjecture' is the dozen or so racers that saw and avoided the kid before Stewart didn't...

8. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

mh5150 (08-15-2014)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    What's not 'conjecture' is the dozen or so racers that saw and avoided the kid before Stewart didn't...
    All the talk about how those cars are impossible to steer at low speeds, yeah what the fuck ever. The other guys weren't having any problem steering.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    All the talk about how those cars are impossible to steer at low speeds, yeah what the fuck ever. The other guys weren't having any problem steering.
    Ok sure, but not every driver had another driver right in front of them as Tony did...that driver in front was oh so close to hitting the kid as well until he too had to make an evasive maneuver.

The time left for Tony to have a view without obstruction ( if that is possible in those vehicles when trying to avoid a darting figure dressed in black in the dark) was limited to that time when the car in front dropped down...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Again...that proves nothing. He had a car right in front of him until the last second...second and a half...that had no effect on his ability to see? Again, no one really knows, but these facts are all too conveniently being ignored for such an easy target as Tony

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There is that little detail that the other drivers didn't have someone trying to grab their vehicle at 40 mph and get in front of them...kind of makes it easier to avoid hitting him when that isn't happenning. The odds were stacked against Tony and chances of hitting the driver substantially higher based on those facts, no?

Should he have stopped under caution? I wonder if that is the only way he could have avoided some type of contact. He was going to hit Tony's car or at least get within inches of it to make his point no matter what Tony did. Can we agree on that point?
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 08-16-2014 at 12:08 AM.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Again...that proves nothing. He had a car right in front of him until the last second...second and a half...that had no effect on his ability to see? Again, no one really knows, but these facts are all too conveniently being ignored for such an easy target as Tony
    He's an easy target because he made himself one. He's a hot head. I don't think anyone believes he was trying to hurt the kid but giving him a little scare for challenging him is something most Nascar fans who aren't big fans of Tony Stewart would believe based on his previous actions.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He was going to hit Tony's car or at least get within inches of it to make his point no matter what Tony did. Can we agree on that point?
    I think he was just trying to make sure he saw him and knew he was pissed.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There's no concrete evidence to prove he's guilty or innocent unless there a video of Tony's car as it entered that corner that shows he intentionally drove towards the kid. I think he intentionally moved his car towards the kid to scare him and accidently hit him based on his previous actions.
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 08-16-2014 at 12:35 AM.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I think he was just trying to make sure he saw him and knew he was pissed.
    Did he? Just watched it again...just gruesome. His hand was extended...what was he going to do with that hand? How close was he intending? One foot? Two inches? Make contact with the car and Tony? I am certain Tony revved it to kick the rear wheel away from him which he accomplished and not make a point...it extends farther than any other part of the car and so he knew to avoid hitting him with that rear tire that was what needed to happen.

It also kind of appears from that view that he got in front of Tony's car. At some point the deceased has got to take a large share of the blame for what happened. Sorry but it is the truth. Putting yourself in front of a race car is asinine and we are piling on Tony because he was unable to avoid him.

He jumped further and further into the fray of oncoming moving racecars.

17. Thanked Romeo Delight for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (08-16-2014)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I watched it again and the car that passed the kid before Tony was taking a lower line that Tony or Tony drifted
    He dropped down because he had a clear view of what was unfolding it looks like - saw he shoudl get low to avoid the kid...we need another angle to be certain

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He dropped down because he had a clear view of what was unfolding it looks like - saw he shoudl get low to avoid the kid...we need another angle to be certain
    I agree but you commented on that post before I finished it. I'm stoned and I hit post by accident. Another angle that shows Tony's car before he hit the kid might make it clearer as to any fault he has in it.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Did he? Just watched it again...just gruesome. His hand was extended...what was he going to do with that hand? How close was he intending? One foot? Two inches? Make contact with the car and Tony? I am certain Tony revved it to kick the rear wheel away from him which he accomplished and not make a point...it extends farther than any other part of the car and so he knew to avoid hitting him with that rear tire that was what needed to happen.

It also kind of appears from that view that he got in front of Tony's car. At some point the deceased has got to take a large share of the blame for what happened. Sorry but it is the truth. Putting yourself in front of a race car is asinine and we are piling on Tony because he was unable to avoid him.

He jumped further and further into the fray of oncoming moving racecars.
    Since we can't see what line Tony was taking as he entered the corner we can't see how close the kid was trying to get. If Tony's car was taking a line closer to the inside of the track and the kid stepped a little closer that doesn't prove he intended to grab the car or smack Tony upside the head. I already said the kid should have stayed behind his car and thrown his helmut or a dirt clod at him quite a few posts ago so I don't think the kid is totally blameless in this either.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Look, I'm not a Tony Stewart fan. But even I don't wanna see his life destroyed because of some freak accident.

We can all sit here all day long and talk about how you can't steer a sprint car at low speeds. Well guess what? You sure as shit can steer a sprint car at low speeds. And all this talk of how the rear tires overdrive the fronts and how you can't steer it without throttle is bullshit. We're talking 35 miles an hour here - not 60 or 70 or more. You don't need down force to steer a hopped up go kart at 35 miles an hour. And if the other cars could turn left at 35 miles an hour, how come Tony's car couldn't? Lemme guess, in every sprint car race, every time they have a caution, the cars all just become undriveable and slam into each other?? How do they finish a race? I mean, they gotta slow down at some point and drive off the track, right? What, they just all let off the gas and pile into the fence or into each other and the crews spend an hour pulling them all apart? Every single fucking time? How in the hell do they steer the cars to line back up after a caution?

I don't for a minute think Tony set out to hurt or kill this kid. I think the kid was too goddamn far down on the track. And I think Tony either did not see him or decided to send a little message. And I'm talking about a sling some dirt or make him jump back message - not kill the damn kid. But all this talk of how you can't steer one of those cars unless you're hauling ass is bullshit.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 03:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    It was a question dumbass...

How long should life go on hold for a tragic death..? What's appropriate..?

As I type this over 88,000 have died today... over 35.6 million this year. How long does the world go on-hold for 1, 20 year old kid?
    I say get on with life. Get on with it! You know a pretty good percentage of that 80,000 were assholes. Makes me kind of warm and fuzzy knowing they are no longer with us making people miserable.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-27-2015 @ 10:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Latest word is he will be holding a presser soon announcing his retirement from racing. Says he can't get back in a car.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't for a minute think Tony set out to hurt or kill this kid. I think the kid was too goddamn far down on the track. And I think Tony either did not see him or decided to send a little message. And I'm talking about a sling some dirt or make him jump back message - not kill the damn kid. But all this talk of how you can't steer one of those cars unless you're hauling ass is bullshit.
    I think he saw him. I also think he gassed his car and pitched it towards him to send him a message. I wonder if anyone caught anything over the radio that might shed a light on this. If someone told Stewart the kid was out of his car waiting for him the whole he didn't see him story goes out the window. They have radios in most of the late models at the local track here and they're a few steps down from these cars.

25. Thanked cadaverdog for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (08-16-2014)

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

I believe you are correct c dog. The kid is an idiot for getting on the track though, tough luck. He fucked up big time.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Here's one of ours from a few years ago....please compare!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sYZWMBY180A

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Come on... watch the video again. The kid spins out... most the field drives by his car which is NOT in the racing groove... while he's unbuckling himself and climbing out of his car.

When he runs down the track into the racing groove... he encounters only two cars... the first car swerved to avoid him... then there was Stewart's car directly behind the 1st car.

The rest of the field was NOT in the area the kid was struck.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I think he saw him. I also think he gassed his car and pitched it towards him to send him a message. I wonder if anyone caught anything over the radio that might shed a light on this. If someone told Stewart the kid was out of his car waiting for him the whole he didn't see him story goes out the window. They have radios in most of the late models at the local track here and they're a few steps down from these cars.
    Go watch the video I posted several posts back from FoxSports with Erin Evernham... In Sprint Car racing the drivers only have a 1-Way receiver and the only thing they receive on the radio is from Race Control indicating cautions, position line-ups, etc. There are NO spotters, NO Crew transmissions and no way for the drivers/crews to communicate with anyone.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CVH Rulz View Post
    Latest word is he will be holding a presser soon announcing his retirement from racing. Says he can't get back in a car.
    There's nothing in any of the racing media this morning even hinting at this. They're on track in Michigan right now (8:00am CDT) in the first of 2 practice sessions for Sprint Cup. I'd say what you heard is bullshit...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Love to hear he has been arrested and charged.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There's nothing in any of the racing media this morning even hinting at this. They're on track in Michigan right now (8:00am CDT) in the first of 2 practice sessions for Sprint Cup. I'd say what you heard is bullshit...
    I just assumed he (or she) made that up. Possibly an attempt at humor. Nothing wrong with a little humor once in awhile.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Go watch the video I posted several posts back from FoxSports with Erin Evernham... In Sprint Car racing the drivers only have a 1-Way receiver and the only thing they receive on the radio is from Race Control indicating cautions, position line-ups, etc. There are NO spotters, NO Crew transmissions and no way for the drivers/crews to communicate with anyone.
    At the local track, Willow Springs Speedway, they only have radios that can communicate from crew to driver and vice versa. Fans with scanners sometimes hear drivers plotting or threatening revenge on other drivers but I can't recall anyone wanting or trying to do more than inflict a little body damage to the car. One time a guy got out and tried to attack another driver in his car but one of the fire marshalls clothes lined the guy before he could get the guys side screen down. He's lucky someone interviened because the driver he attacked was twice his size.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

When he runs down the track into the racing groove... he encounters only two cars... the first car swerved to avoid him... then there was Stewart's car directly behind the 1st car.

The rest of the field was NOT in the area the kid was struck.
    The car that passed before Tony was on a higher line but not as high as the line Tony took. There's a full two seconds after that car clears the kid and Tony's reachs him. I don't think any of the videos that have been posted so far are conclusive but I still think he gassed it coming around the corner because he saw the kid there and accidently ran him over.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-27-2015 @ 10:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I just assumed he (or she) made that up. Possibly an attempt at humor. Nothing wrong with a little humor once in awhile.
    Why the fuck would I waste my time to come here to make shit up?

Here's the link:

http://empirenews.net/nascar-tony-st...ZgKwo.facebook

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here's the link:

I looked for that story last night after you posted that but found nothing. My post was merely a reply to another post that questioned your sources. It does seem odd Rusty Wallace or Darrel Waltrip would make statements like that to the legitimate press if Tony told them he was making an announcement soon himself.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Tony Stewart is apparently a hot head that is just a racing fact.
    Ward was one too and acted like a stupid 20 year old because he was a stupid 20 year old.
    Ward and Stewart actually knew each other and Stewart had written him friendly notes and attended charity events to support that area.
    Ward was wrong but a driver marching at another on the track is not entirely unexpected and Stewart has done the same.
    Flinging mud on a rookie idiot is also not unexpected.
    The fact that an investigator said Ward was pulled under the BACK tire when he grabbed the SIDE of Stewart's car is beyond expectation.
    Stewart should have been more mature and should have realized they swing out at low speed on mud would be greater but Ward bears the majority of responsibility in a combo of hot heads, bad tradition, bed decisions and just a horrible accident. The notion Stewart ran him down is only known by him but would require knowing Ward would grab his car plus if running him down the hit would be in the front tire, it wasn't. Is it possible Stewart was mad wanted to swing his back wheel to get him yeah but only he knows and a really unlikely set of events. The investigator commented in the article Life and Times of Ward Jr., apparently there are 3 angles they have.

Just a sensless horrible accident from a series of wrong headed decisions.

38. Thanked Never was for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (08-17-2014)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Never was View Post

Just a sensless horrible accident from a series of wrong headed decisions.
    Without a doubt. I'd like to see these three angles because so far none of the ones I've seen were conclusive one way or the other. I've seen one a fan must have taken because you can hear his commentary as he films it. I'd assume there's at least one done proffessionally considering a big Nascar and Indy car driver like Tony Stewart was there. Plus he admitted he caused an accident at the same track last year that caused a female driver serious injuries. You'd think a quite few people would be filming him race thinking he might do it again.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Here's the link:

Clearly you didn't make shit up...

I have to doubt the story you provided a link to though. ESPN opened their race coverage today with the Stewart story. Rusty Wallace made no mention of having spoken to Stewart and I believe if he had he would have at minimum mentioned it.

Outside of a few executives in Stewart Haas Racing... I don't think anyone active in the sport has talked to Tony since the incident occurred. Several drivers have mentioned reaching out to Tony but he hasn't responded back...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Never was View Post
    Just a senseless horrible accident from a series of wrong headed decisions.
    Senseless yes, accident, no. From what I can gather about NASCAR it is definitely a "sport" of rageaholics upon which Stewart is a poster boy. This or something close to it was only a matter of time.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 07:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Apparently Ward had thc in his system when he stepped out on the track..No charges will be filed..

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And the civil suit just evaporated because of the dope...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And the civil suit just evaporated because of the dope...
    Tony will probably offer to settle with the parents anyway. The kid had THC in his system but that doesn't mean he was actually high when he hit the track.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Clearly you didn't make shit up...

I have to doubt the story you provided a link to though. ESPN opened their race coverage today with the Stewart story. Rusty Wallace made no mention of having spoken to Stewart and I believe if he had he would have at minimum mentioned it.
    Pretty obvious the story was bogus now.

Thread Information