Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart...hot-head or accident?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    We don't see eye to eye on much but it's pretty obvious he intended to either scare the kid or throw dirt at him but he fucked up and ran him over. The kid wasn't doing anything that hasn't been done hundreds of times before at tracks all over the country. He didn't intend to kill him but his actions caused his death so he should be held responsible. He'll lose his ass in civil court even if he doesn't face criminal charges.
    This is why you aways have an offshore account in a country with a non-extradition treaty. Time to disappear into the abyss.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    This is why you aways have an offshore account in a country with a non-extradition treaty. Time to disappear into the abyss.
    Rio. Marry a chick there and the US cannot touch you.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Rio. Marry a chick there and the US cannot touch you.
    Well Brazil is in the BRICS. All those countries are basically telling the US and EU to fuck off. Hmmm. You might have a plan there.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey, it worked for Ronnie Biggs.....

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    The guy was stupid for doing what he did..but you van hear the engine rev and the steering move as he goes by..he was trying to scare the kid and fucked up.
    I don't know anything about these cars, but apparently that is how you steer them - with throttle, not as much teh steering wheel - especially with only a foot to make a quick adjustment...if you see, his back end actually does go away from the kid as he gets close...looks like he may have been trying to avoid him. Dude was darting closer and closer...lucky the car in front of Tony didn;t kill him the way he was jumping in front of cars.

it's sad

6. Thanked Romeo Delight for this KICKASS post:

Kristy (08-11-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Save the showbiz for the lawyers. The jury will learn more about those track racers than they ever cared to.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Now, who wants to own a NASCAR team? I hear there's one coming up for sale, cheap as hell. Four cars, all the goodies.
    NASCAR is a dying. It has been for years. What I find so strange is all the criticism it receives from being environmentally toxic to a white trash misogynist redneck "sport" to elements of racism:

"It probably shouldn't have. Stock car racing sprang from a fine Southern tradition, but pretty much from an exclusively white demographic. And while NASCAR's audience among minority groups is growing each year, you're still going to see mostly white faces at Daytona and other tracks, and some of the faces will belong to racists."

`Mike Synder

Synder has a point. The "fans" of this shit tend to be antagonistic towards women and minorities. Therefore, Stewart's behavior does not surprise me. They all thrive on it. The man has a hard core reputation for throwing temper tantrums, over complaining when races don't go his way and generally looking like an overall douche.

Tony Stewart just out for another Sunday drive

Even if this incident ever does end up in civil court in no way will it resolve anything with how NASCAR and racing in general presents itself to the fans who, for whatever reason continue to watch this crap. Did Stewart intentionally swerve to hit this young redneck driver who no doubt looks like another Stewart in the making? Who can really say? Again, I find it so weird that a (ahem) a "sport" that requires nothing from the "athlete" except to point the steering wheel left all day (and I should know something about steering wheels) has become so violent. When did NASCAR go Jerry Springer? Maybe it's the ridiculous amount of money involved where corporate sponsorship is easily pulled when the driver fails to maintain any sort of a winning average. Could also be the white male aggression combined with bullshit male egotism.

By the time NASCAR has run its last race for the year Stewart's dilemma will be nothing more than a footnote - particularly seeing this wasn't directly a NASCAR incident. He'll be back in a corporate sponsored car trying to redeem himself by doing ironic road rage safety public service announcements while beating the shit out of other drivers who just happen to piss him off. The guy definitely has a lot of issues:

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Having seen this from another angle it's kinda hard to deny that it seems like Tony did in fact try to whip out the rear a little to scare that idiot and things went a little too far. I suppose the argument can be made that it's a dirt track, it was dark and the idiot standing in the track was wearing all black as well.. this should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    I don't think so...

There are much more pressing issues at hand...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 3,448 Posts

I think he's going to be charged, but will beat it because it's tough to prove he saw the kid beyond the reasonable doubt thing. He's going to get buried in a civil suit though...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh bull...

The kid was in the wrong...

He asked for it...

Run out in the highway this afternoon and see what happens...

13. 2 users say thank you to ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

lesfunk (08-11-2014),Nitro Express (08-12-2014)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I think he's going to be charged, but will beat it because it's tough to prove he saw the kid beyond the reasonable doubt thing. He's going to get buried in a civil suit though...
    According to one of the other drivers, they all saw the guy.

“I seen Kevin clear as day. Nobody else ran into him, either.”

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Oh bull...

The kid was in the wrong...

He asked for it...

Run out in the highway this afternoon and see what happens...
    So if you run out in the road, and I purposely swerve at you and kill you, I am free of all responsibility? Perfect. Give me the keys to that Charger, I don't want to dent my car with your carcass.

16. 2 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (08-11-2014),lesfunk (08-11-2014)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Nope...

Mine...

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    So if you run out in the road, and I purposely swerve at you and kill you, I am free of all responsibility? Perfect. Give me the keys to that Charger, I don't want to dent my car with your carcass.
    You mean we can run over people who happen to be in the streets now and don't have to worry about being arrested? Cause if that's true, I'm gonna go buy me a Hummer!

19. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

lesfunk (08-11-2014)

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

If you had absolutely no intentions of hitting or scaring this kid, dont you think you would be on tv somewhere saying just that?
    I would..I had no idea he was there..never saw him...TS cant say that...he knows he saw him and he fucked up big time.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

According to one of the other drivers, they all saw the guy.

“I seen Kevin clear as day. Nobody else ran into him, either.”
    Kevin was right behind the guy - blocked from view - who just missed him a few seconds earlier...perhaps at the moment the driver in front of him made the evasive maneuver, Tony was looking toward the next turn and wondering when the caution would end and who he was going to pass.

Only a re-creation at night or camera from his dash (i hear there is one) will provide any clarity.

If being aggressive in car racing is a crime or pushing it under caution, then I am afraid there isn't much of a sport left.

Sure it looks like he was going too fast under caution. Again, pretty commonplace. Teh lighting was horrible, and not every driver had someone blocking his view with those massive wings...

I think whoever suggested they suspend guys coming into the track hurling helmets has it right. Could there be anything more dangerous in all of sport?

The only thing more dangerous is the visiting team at Mayan Chichen Itza playing that winner takes all (literally) ball game.
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 08-11-2014 at 07:15 PM.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    If you had absolutely no intentions of hitting or scaring this kid, dont you think you would be on tv somewhere saying just that?
    I would..I had no idea he was there..never saw him...TS cant say that...he knows he saw him and he fucked up big time.
    I dunno...you would be in shock i think. Just dumfounded thinking of what you could have done differently instead of saving your own hide. No one wants to hear excuses at that point especially from the guy who ended up hurting the guy in traffic

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I sure hope to shit he DID try to hit him ON PURPOSE! Otherwise this topic is worthless!

24. Thanked lesfunk for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (08-12-2014)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I don't know shit about NASCAR thank fuck but the more I look at this guy the bigger of a douche he becomes.

A fucking millionaire who made fortune by driving left all day. And the dude still doesn't know to shower and/or shave.

26. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (08-12-2014)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, he is a tough guy to like or defend that is for sure

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    Kevin was right behind the guy - blocked from view - who just missed him a few seconds earlier...perhaps at the moment the driver in front of him made the evasive maneuver, Tony was looking toward the next turn and wondering when the caution would end and who he was going to pass.

Only a re-creation at night or camera from his dash (i hear there is one) will provide any clarity.

If being aggressive in car racing is a crime or pushing it under caution, then I am afraid there isn't much of a sport left.

Sure it looks like he was going too fast under caution. Again, pretty commonplace. Teh lighting was horrible, and not every driver had someone blocking his view with those massive wings...

I think whoever suggested they suspend guys coming into the track hurling helmets has it right. Could there be anything more dangerous in all of sport?

The only thing more dangerous is the visiting team at Mayan Chichen Itza playing that winner takes all (literally) ball game.
    In the still I posted, he clearly has his front wheels turned to the right. He was being a dick, and he ended up killing someone. You don't turn your wheels into someone, under caution, unless you are trying to send a message. I don't believe he intended to even hit the guy, but he did. He has been a spoiled bitch for years, and this time he went too far.

29. 3 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (08-13-2014),DONNIEP (08-11-2014),Nickdfresh (08-11-2014)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

In the still I posted, he clearly has his front wheels turned to the right. He was being a dick, and he ended up killing someone. You don't turn your wheels into someone, under caution, unless you are trying to send a message. I don't believe he intended to even hit the guy, but he did. He has been a spoiled bitch for years, and this time he went too far.
    Well that is an easy way to think given his character and history. You may be right.

I am no nascar junkie but I imagine the experts will be giving their opinion to those who matter in due course.

I still think the gunning of his engine at the last second is an attempt to miss him, not scare him...that much I do know about those cars...its how you steer, especially quickly. It is possible those two were engaging in a game of chicken...lots of blame to be shouldered by the deceased unfortunately.

31. Thanked Romeo Delight for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (08-12-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The problem with flying into a rage is the rage takes over any reasonable thinking. No sane person would kill another person especially in front of so many witnesses. It was rage like road rage. Honestly, if you are that fucking unstable, you really have no business being on a race track.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

You guys sound arabic with your talk of blood money.

If it was my kid all I would be interested in would be jail time...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    IF you understand the dynamics of Sprint cars on a dirt track... your assumption is wrong. Those cars and their weight distribution and chassis are designed for driving sideways through corners. Turning the front wheels to the right and gassing it would throw the rear end to the left... away from the idiot on the track. In addition there's a clear banking toward the center of the track where the incident occurred... that also would have caused the car to naturally shift towards the left when gunned and the front wheels turned right.

Not that I'd expect a dune buggy jockey to understand basic physics and racecar handling characteristics...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    IF you understand the dynamics of Sprint cars on a dirt track... your assumption is wrong. Those cars and their weight distribution and chassis are designed for driving sideways through corners. Turning the front wheels to the right and gassing it would throw the rear end to the left... away from the idiot on the track. In addition there's a clear banking toward the center of the track where the incident occurred... that also would have caused the car to naturally shift towards the left when gunned and the front wheels turned right.

Not that I'd expect a dune buggy jockey to understand basic physics and racecar handling characteristics...
    All this debate came up on some sports show I was listening to while driving yesterday. I just had to listen to something else. Just two idiots. One was dumb enough to exit his car and run out onto the track. One was still in his car. The dumber of the two died. The car shit bigger and won.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    A dune buggy jockey with a rich daddy.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    I don't know shit about NASCAR thank fuck but the more I look at this guy the bigger of a douche he becomes.

A fucking millionaire who made fortune by driving left all day. And the dude still doesn't know to shower and/or shave.
    Looks like a fag to me. No wonder he likes to ride on dirt tracks.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    If you're a millionaire and all you do to earn your money is drive a fucking race car then don't dress like the white trash filth clan you came from. How difficult is that!? Appears to me at least Stewart lack so much in the way of basic intelligence that yeah, if he intentionally hit that kid and was proven without a doubt in court not one of his white trash cohorts would be surprised.

News says Stewart is in "seclusion" so upset by this. Bullshit. If this asshole is upset by anything, it's not knowing if he'll have corporate sponsorship for the remainder of the year.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Seclusion? Bullshit. He's in one of his mansions, drinking heavily and taking selfies with all his belongings so he'll have something to remember them by when he's cuttin' my grass!

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Seclusion? Bullshit. He's in one of his mansions, drinking heavily and taking selfies with all his belongings so he'll have something to remember them by when he's cuttin' my grass!
    He is your coloured gardener ?

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    He is your coloured gardener ?
    We don't call them colored down here anymore. That would racist!

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

We don't call them colored down here anymore. That would racist!
    Sorry man my * button is broke

43. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (08-12-2014)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Try watching cars drift around a track. You turn towards the way you want your back end to drift and gas it just like Tony did. I don't think he was trying to hit him but he was trying to intimidate him. You can't tell me you wouldn't be looking towards a car you just tangled with a spun out on the last lap when you passed it under caution the very next lap. He saw him.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    News says Stewart is in "seclusion" so upset by this. Bullshit. If this asshole is upset by anything, it's not knowing if he'll have corporate sponsorship for the remainder of the year.
    Seclusion is just a fancy word for saying you're at home and not wanting to be bothered... I do it all the time!!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Seclusion is just a fancy word for saying you're at home and not wanting to be bothered... I do it all the time!!
    And if you have a gun in the house, it's called Barricading.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Only if it's loaded and sitting by the door...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Tony Stewart...hot-head or accident?

You and I can get behind the wheel, or on anything, powered by an engine, and I will beat you. I have forgotten more about racing, than you ever knew. We all know you IT fags are IT fags, because you're nerds that don't like to get your hands dirty.

Tony Stewart had a whole lap to slow down, and get low on the track, to avoid the car he knew was there. None of the other cars that went by the guy, had to turn their wheels towards him, to avoid him.

Tony Stewart was being his typical asshole self, and it backfired on him. Nothing will convince me he wasn't trying to intimidate that dude.

49. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

cadaverdog (08-12-2014)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Only if it's loaded and sitting by the door...
    Well it won't do much good if it's not loaded.

Thread Information