X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CVH Rulz
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    I can't believe how sloppy the press has gotten over the years. It's a POSSIBLE suicide but has not been officially confirmed. The media is saying it's a suicide when there is no official report yet. You don't report it's a suicide until you know for sure. Sure he was dealing with depression but he was dealing with it his whole life and that's plenty of years he could have committed suicide or attempted it. You just don't report it as a suicide until you know for sure. You can say POSSIBLE suicide. It's just sloppy reporting and now it's going around that it's suicide for sure.
    He hung himself with a belt. Not much to question. I'm sure they had to wait for the official word but knew before.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think the media feel they have to compete with the 24/7 internet where you get people immediately making up theories about any mad shit that pops into their head like carbon monoxide poisoning based on nothing.

Wow the lack of self awareness on here sometimes is just incredible. The only thing this thread is missing is the obligatory 'false flag' post...

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by CVH Rulz
        He hung himself with a belt. Not much to question. I'm sure they had to wait for the official word but knew before.
        Apparently he also tried to slit his wrists, but all he had on hand was a pocket knife that wasn't up to the job. Clearly, he wanted out.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Looks like he rolled a 3
          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There is so much crap being written about this on the internet and media today.

He was 63, he had made a lot of people laugh, made some good movies and decided he didn't want to live any more.

That's his decision, he'd already contributed more to the world than most ever will. The flippant nonsense people are saying about him 'taking the easy way out' or being 'selfish' without knowing him or how he felt or what his experience of life shows more about their lack of imagination, empathy or ignorance of clinical depression than anything else.

It's all too predictable but tiresome.

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              There is so much crap being written about this on the internet and media today.

He was 63, he had made a lot of people laugh, made some good movies and decided he didn't want to live any more.

That's his decision, he'd already contributed more to the world than most ever will. The flippant nonsense people are saying about him 'taking the easy way out' or being 'selfish' without knowing him or how he felt or what his experience of life shows more about their lack of imagination, empathy or ignorance of clinical depression than anything else.

It's all too predictable but tiresome.
              The massive amounts of cocaine he's ingested over the years probably didn't affect his brain and mental capacity either.

I don't feel one bit sorry for him. I feel sorry for his family, and all the pain he has caused, and what he has and is putting them through now.

I hope right before he took his last breath, he tried to change his fucking mind.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I never said I felt sorry for him.

Anyone who ever saw the guy perform would know he was at the absolute furthest from the norm in how people behave which is why he was entertaining.

People being annoyed because he chose not to go on and so to stop entertaining them need to grow up, he quit deal with it.

All this faux shit about his family is nonsense too. Let them grieve but don't call him a cunt for the damage he has done to them because you don't know him or them. It's none of our business.

63 used to be a retirement age, 40 used to be a lifetime.

Land of the free?

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Land of the free Sesh. Don't forget, KINGS OF THE FUCKING WORLD too!

I have to know them to know he's caused them a kind of pain they'll never forget?

If those subliminal nightmares Elvis is causing you, puts you over the edge and you off yourself, I'll be pissed off at you too.

By the way, I can't remember the last time that fucker entertained me. He had become a sad parody of himself, for many years now. Comically anyway.

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                    When most people are your age, they start looking forward to retirement. Of course, technically you've been a lifelong student living the life of retirement for 30 plus years.

What will you do with your first check that isn't from your government? Move out of the ghetto?
                    I wish. I've been working since I was 13. I just got sick of what I was doing. Life of retirement? Fuck, just working full-time without adding full-time school is going to FEEL like retirement...
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

My dad never retired. He worked until he got too old and sick to do it anymore but he liked what he did. I've seen people retire and go crazy and go back to work. Some of the best instructors I had in college were guys who couldn't stand retirement and hired on to teach classes. Nothing better than getting instruction from someone who actually did it for 40 years and were there because they liked to teach.

I've seen old people just rot away because they have nothing to do and I've seen old people live a pretty full life because they wanted to keep doing stuff. I think retirement is a thing of the past. The average life expectancy now is 83. The government is going to have to knock the collection age of social security back to age 75 to keep the system from getting swamped and going broke.

All I can say is pursue something you like and take care of yourselves. Working 40 years for the same company and collecting retirement at 65 is pretty much ln the past now.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

People die. Robin Williams made me laugh many times. End of story. I hope he's rolling in coke and doing 72 virgins right now.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                          If those subliminal nightmares Elvis is causing you, puts you over the edge and you off yourself, I'll be pissed off at you too.
                          I pity da fool...

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

I'm already working in the field. I have more energy at the end of the day than I did at the start.

My old "career", it got to the point it was all I could do to drag my ass in to the office every day, let alone be productive. I'll work as long as I can. The people I work with keep me young.
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              So that's the standard you aspire to in the US, a little better than the third world?

You should chant that at events, we're #38 we're #38!
                              Well my hell. Thank God you don't live here. We must have something people still want. The third world is running across our border to get in here.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                                I'm already working in the field. I have more energy at the end of the day than I did at the start.

My old "career", it got to the point it was all I could do to drag my ass in to the office every day, let alone be productive. I'll work as long as I can. The people I work with keep me young.
                                College is half bullshit. It's always nice to get that monkey off your back.

Comment

Working...