Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries

Robin Williams commits Suicide

Oscar-winning actor and comedian Robin Williams has died at age 63, according to police in Marin County, Calif.

The full statement is below.

On August 11, 2014, at approximately 11:55 a.m, Marin County Communications received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA. The Sheriff’s Office, as well as the Tiburon Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire Protection District were dispatched to the incident with emergency personnel arriving on scene at 12:00 pm. The male subject, pronounced deceased at 12:02 pm has been identified as Robin McLaurin Williams, a 63-year-old resident of unincorporated Tiburon, CA.

An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Division s of the Sheriff’s Office. Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates Mr. Williams was last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00 pm on August 10, 2014. Mr. Williams was located this morning shortly before the 9-1-1 call was placed to Marin County Communications. At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made. A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted.

Williams' publicist Mara Buxbaum told The Hollywood Reporter: “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

His wife, Susan Schneider, said: "This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”

Williams, a four-time Oscar nominee, won a supporting actor Oscar for Good Will Hunting. He most recently starred in CBS' comedy The Crazy Ones, which lasted only one season.

His next project is the feature film Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, the third film in the trilogy, which is set to hit theaters Dec. 19.

He recently checked into a renewal center in an effort to maintain his sobriety.

Williams' improv skills were meteoric and stupefying: Williams could wing off the cuff better than any of his peers. He burst through the stand-up world into television, captivating audiences with his portrayal of the endearing extra-terrestrial Mork in the '70s series Mork and Mindy. He first limned the Mork role as a guest-star on Happy Days.

He fractured movies audiences with his comedic and endearing performance in Good Morning, Vietnam (1987). He delighted audiences in the box-office hit The Birdcage (1996), playing a gay club owner who tries to convince his conservative, future in-laws of his heterosexual mainstream values. He tapped into a fey side and feminine side, as well: He delighted with his slapstick values as a hausfrau in Mrs. Doubtfire (1993).

His rapid-fire delivery bespoke a warp-speed, associative intelligence.

“The mystery is in the motion: What miracle of the synapses got him from point A to point Z? At once a satirist, a comedian and a superb actor, this one-man repertory company dashes from mask to mask, voice to voice, like a man possessed by comic demons,” David Ansen wrote in Newsweek in 1986.

As a dramatic actor, he delivered stirring performances in such films as Dead Poets Society (1986), where he played an inspirational prep-school teacher who takes on the stuffy administration He also portrayed serious and complex characters in Awakenings (1990) andThe Fisher King (1991). He could tap into a dark side, limning psychologically maladjusted characters in Insomnia andOne-Hour Photo.

Williams also won Oscar nominations for Best Actor for his varied roles in Good Morning, Vietnam, The Fisher Kingand Dead Poets Society. He could play morose, wise men, such as his turn as a psychologist in Good Will Hunting.

He showed his versatility in a wide range of films, including: The World According to Garp (1982), Moscow on the Hudson (1984), Hook (1991), Patch Adams (1998) Flubber (1997), Toys (1992) and Jumanji (1995).

He won four Grammy Awards. He also won Emmy Awards for his TV specials Carol, Carl, Whoopi and Robin andABC Presents a Royal Gala.

He vocalized many films: He did the vocal work for a bat in the animated movie FernGully: The Last Rainforest (1982) and he voiced the Genie in Aladdin (1992).

Given his child-like charm, he played boy-ish characters in Toys (1992), Jumanji (1995) and Jack (1996).

He did a number of movie cameos: The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1989), Dead Again (1991) and The Secret Agent (1996).

Robin McLaurin Williams was born in Chicago on July 21, 1952. He was raised in affluence, but he was brought up, as he admits, by the maid. He developed comedy to please his mother. He mimicked Jonathan Winters. The family moved to San Francisco where he graduated from high school.

He studied political science at Claremont Men's College and entered College of Marin to study theater. He won a scholarship to student at The Julliard School in New York, where he spent three years under the tutelage of John Houseman and other. He returned to San Francisco before graduating. His goal was to become a dramatic actor but could not get a foot in the door. He turned to stand-up comedy, supporting himself by tending bar and working at an ice-cream parlor.

Williams moved to Los Angeles and enthralled at open-mike nights. He became a regular at such clubs as the Improv and the Comedy Store. He got spots on such TV shows as the Richard Pryor Show and America 2-Night.

His big break came when the producers of Happy Days decided to add an alien to the show. Williams won an audition. He guest-starred on a 1978 episode that brought in avalanches of fan mail. Based on the outpouring the network decided to create a spin-off series Mork & Mindy. The sitcom, featuring Williams as a good-natured alien from the planet Ork. The show afforded him great opportunity to improvise. It was hugely popular and generated such crazes as the Mork doll, with such Orkian words as “nanu nanu” for hello.

Williams's spellbinding delivery vaulted him from being a complete unknown to national fame. Self-admittedly, fame arrived too fast and he careened through a period of drug and alcohol abuse. His first movie role in Robert Altman's Popeye (1980) was disappointing. In his second role, he showed his charm as a young writer in The World According to Garp (1982).

He performed in the mid01980s in a series of mediocre movies: The Survivors (1983), The Best of Times (1986) and Club Paradise. He excelled as a Russian saxophone player who defects in Bloomingdale's in Paul Mazursky's Moscow on the Hudson (1984).

He hit his movie stride with Good Morning, Vietnam (1987) where his comic versatility as an anti-authority G.I. Disc jockey played to his manic, improvisational strengths.

He executive produced and starred in Jakob the Liar (1999), a story of life in a Nazi-occupied Polish ghetto.

Like the best of comics, Williams, at heart, was utterly serious. He was a driving force in Comic Relief to benefit the homeless.

Williams was awarded the Chicago international Film Festival's Lifetime Achievement Award in 2004.

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    ...the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made.
    So what's the betting that Williams pulled a Michael Hutchence by literally masturbating himself to death? As the saying goes, the only thing worse being found dead that way is being found alive that way. For fuck's sake if you want a immense orgasm by starving oxygen to the brain get yourself a partner.

Marcel Dettmann feat. Emika SEDUCTION from Parker Ellerman on Vimeo.
    Last edited by Kristy; 08-11-2014 at 07:28 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Unholy shit! He was the last person I was expecting to show up on a Monday....

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Williams was always a great guest on Letterman. He'd start running around the stage, and you could see Letterman squirm.

I remember one of the lines from one of the HBO specials, where he's talking to his kid and says "Popeye wasn't good enough for you" and then he puts on the little kid voice and says "Popeye wasn't good enough for anyone!"

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Williams was always a great guest on Letterman. He'd start running around the stage, and you could see Letterman squirm.
    Really..? I always found him to be highly annoying. The majority of his movies were shit, too. Williams was a one-trick pony of an actor who loved to play on his audience's heartstrings. He wasn't that great.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I loved some Mork and Mindy but that was about it..his dramatic stuff was better than his humor..RIP

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    I loved some Mork and Mindy but that was about it..his dramatic stuff was better than his humor..RIP
    I read an interesting article about Mork & Mindy a few years back. Apparently Robin ad-libbed most of his dialogue for the entire 4 year run. So he'd get the script, use it as an outline and they'd just roll film. The guy was a genius.

Yes, Kristy, he was a genius. And he cured cancer too.

8. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

private parts (08-12-2014)

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-06-2024 @ 06:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

My fave RW movie role....

Last edited by Fairwrning; 08-11-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Did he ever "nail" his Mork & Mindy co-star?

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Did he ever "nail" his Mork & Mindy co-star?
    I doubt it. But man I sure wish I had. Good lord was she hot.

12. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (08-11-2014)

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2017 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The Mental Torture. RIP from a fan and fellow sufferer.

Wish we could reach these people in time, but it is a terrible intractable disease. We will miss your light.

14. 7 users say thank you to SunisinuS for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-11-2014),DavidLeeNatra (08-13-2014),DLR Bridge (08-12-2014),FORD (08-11-2014),IceCreamBlondie (08-11-2014),Satan (08-11-2014),vandeleur (08-12-2014)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Depression sucks. RIP Robin.

And the guy was a hell of an actor, despite what Kristy thinks...

16. 4 users say thank you to Angel for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (08-13-2014),FORD (08-11-2014),Satan (08-11-2014),SunisinuS (08-11-2014)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Eh, Good Morning Viet Nam. I'll give him that one.

18. 2 users say thank you to Kristy for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (08-12-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (08-17-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    It might be suicide but four people I have known have died due to carbon monoxide poisoning from propane and natural gas heaters. A friend of mine killed himself and his family by installing a gas water heater incorrectly. He used too small of a diameter vent pipe and routed it wrong. It killed everyone in the house in their sleep.

If you use gas or propane where you live a carbon monoxide alarm is a good investment. It may save you and whoever is in the home life.

20. 3 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-11-2014),SunisinuS (08-12-2014),vandeleur (08-12-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I doubt it. But man I sure wish I had. Good lord was she hot.
    I never liked the Mork from Ork character. I think I liked his stand up comedy best but he did make some good movies. Robin Williams was the free wheelin ad lib master.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The Fisher King.

23. Thanked lesfunk for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (08-12-2014)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Wow , really sad news .

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I read an interesting article about Mork & Mindy a few years back. Apparently Robin ad-libbed most of his dialogue for the entire 4 year run. So he'd get the script, use it as an outline and they'd just roll film. The guy was a genius.

I was watching an interview with Ron Howard who said Robin Williams was the most talented ad lib actor he had ever seen. Yup. Ron said Robin was one of a kind.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Really..? I always found him to be highly annoying. The majority of his movies were shit, too. Williams was a one-trick pony of an actor who loved to play on his audience's heartstrings. He wasn't that great.
    He was more of a comedian than an actor. Hey let's be honest. Most the big Hollywood names aren't exactly great actors. Robin was a brilliant free wheelin ad lib artist. They probably gave him a general script but gave him a lot of room to work his magic. I mean he could act decent enough to fill in between the parts where he was making you laugh.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-27-2016 @ 08:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,252 Posts

Very, very sad.

Depression is just an awful thing.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Depression is the kind of thing you wouldn't even wish on George Bush or Sammy Hagar.

Yeah, it's that bad.

I actually read Nitro's "badly installed gas water heater" up above, and tried to convince myself that it was a good explanation. But sadly, I know all too well that it probably isn't. And not just because Robin Williams had a big house and could afford to pay for a proper installation of such an appliance.

Rest in peace, Robin. Goddamn shame that you couldn't find any in this world.

29. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (08-13-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    Very, very sad.

Depression is just an awful thing.
    Apparently Robin Williams suffered from it his whole life. Seems like a lot of funny people do. Maybe they get good at humor trying to cheer themselves up. Many comedians seem to have some issues actually. There also seems to be intense pressure celebrities seem to deal with that drives many of them insane. Probably the pressure of staying relevant and then of course keeping up a public image and trying to keep a certain lifestyle going. The old saying is they love you on the way up and spit on you on the way down. Whatever the pressure is, it's seems to make people crack. Add in some depression drugs and booze. Not a good combination.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Depression is the kind of thing you wouldn't even wish on George Bush or Sammy Hagar.

Yeah, it's that bad.

I actually read Nitro's "badly installed gas water heater" up above, and tried to convince myself that it was a good explanation. But sadly, I know all too well that it probably isn't. And not just because Robin Williams had a big house and could afford to pay for a proper installation of such an appliance.

Rest in peace, Robin. Goddamn shame that you couldn't find any in this world.
    I don't know where he was staying. The San Francisco Bay area gets cold in the summer sometimes where one might turn on a heater. My mom had a friend die because she pulled her car into the garage and closed the door. She had been driving home and was tired. She fell asleep in the car and of course died. Strange accidents happen.

Our neighbor's daughter suffered from a bad case of depression. They had to drive off to where she was going to college because she was threatening suicide. She came home and was ok for a bit but fell back into it. We were expecting to hear of her committing suicide she was that far gone. You could see the signs and nobody could seem to help her. Her brother had her committed to the state mental hospital and whoever helped her there did wonders. She now holds a job and got remarried and sounds like things are ok. But if she didn't go to the state mental hospital she probably would have offed herself. I don't know, depression is a weird thing and sometimes the only people that can help are trained professionals. Her family could not help her.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-12-2014 at 03:22 AM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    My fave RW movie role....

He played a good psycho in Insomnia as well.

His movie career was a real mix of excellent and terrible but at this point so is De Niro's.

Better to have 5 or 6 great roles and a bunch of turkeys as a legacy than dozens of mediocre ones.

He has a movie I've been meaning to watch for ages called 'Worlds Greatest Dad' which is meant to be really good and the exact opposite of his schmaltzy stuff. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262981/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-12-2014 at 06:34 AM.

33. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (08-12-2014)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

RIP Robin Williams...I appreciated his talent in many of his movies...Dead poet society comes to mind although it wasn't a comedy.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

He was a brilliant actor and an improv genius. Hopefully his death will help to generate discussion and lessen the stigma of mental illness.

There was a stupid internet hoax about him dying a couple days ago...I can't help but wonder if that triggered him. I know when I've been battling rhe demons, something like that would have sent me over the edge for sure.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-27-2016 @ 08:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,252 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    He played a good psycho in Insomnia as well.

His movie career was a real mix of excellent and terrible but at this point so is De Niro's.

Better to have 5 or 6 great roles and a bunch of turkeys as a legacy than dozens of mediocre ones.

He has a movie I've been meaning to watch for ages called 'Worlds Greatest Dad' which is meant to be really good and the exact opposite of his schmaltzy stuff. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262981/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    Other films worth watching (if you haven't already): Toys, Awakenings, Good Will Hunting, The Night Listener, aside from the more obvious ones....

Nanu, Nanu, Shazbot.

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2017 @ 06:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    Other films worth watching (if you haven't already): Toys, Awakenings, Good Will Hunting, The Night Listener, aside from the more obvious ones....

Nanu, Nanu, Shazbot.
    Good Will Hunting was an awesome movie. ..

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I always thought the fisher king was very good.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Could have posted this in lots of threads recently

"Some people say Jesus wasn't Jewish. Of course he was Jewish! Thirty years old, single, lives with his parents, come on. He works in his father's business, his mom thought he was God's gift, he's Jewish. Give it up"

40. 3 users say thank you to vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-12-2014),DavidLeeNatra (08-13-2014),FORD (08-12-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    He was a brilliant actor and an improv genius. Hopefully his death will help to generate discussion and lessen the stigma of mental illness.

There was a stupid internet hoax about him dying a couple days ago...I can't help but wonder if that triggered him. I know when I've been battling rhe demons, something like that would have sent me over the edge for sure.
    I can't believe how sloppy the press has gotten over the years. It's a POSSIBLE suicide but has not been officially confirmed. The media is saying it's a suicide when there is no official report yet. You don't report it's a suicide until you know for sure. Sure he was dealing with depression but he was dealing with it his whole life and that's plenty of years he could have committed suicide or attempted it. You just don't report it as a suicide until you know for sure. You can say POSSIBLE suicide. It's just sloppy reporting and now it's going around that it's suicide for sure.

42. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (08-12-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Could have posted this in lots of threads recently

"Some people say Jesus wasn't Jewish. Of course he was Jewish! Thirty years old, single, lives with his parents, come on. He works in his father's business, his mom thought he was God's gift, he's Jewish. Give it up"
    Yeah but Jesus didn't like money changers. He made a whip and drove the bastards out. LOL! That don't sound jewish to me. Heck if Jesus showed up and started whipping bankers and smashing their stuff he would be the man of the year. He would be a fucking hero.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post

Oh, PLU-EZE! Williams was a multimillionaire who could afford to get himself help where many in this county alone can not. So fuck him. He was a self-serving greedy pig who dosed himself with narcotics and alcohol who only gave a shit about his own misery. This is why I refuse to grieve his death. Suicide is the easy way out particularity since his "pain" was treatable and his "mental illness" not that severe to where he had his faculties about him. What a fucking asshole who did a fucking asshole act. Think of his family and closest friends who are the ones enduring the brunt of his "pain." Williams thought of no one else here but himself.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Apparently Robin Williams suffered from it his whole life. Seems like a lot of funny people do. Maybe they get good at humor trying to cheer themselves up. Many comedians seem to have some issues actually. There also seems to be intense pressure celebrities seem to deal with that drives many of them insane. Probably the pressure of staying relevant and then of course keeping up a public image and trying to keep a certain lifestyle going. The old saying is they love you on the way up and spit on you on the way down. Whatever the pressure is, it's seems to make people crack. Add in some depression drugs and booze. Not a good combination.

He also had money, pussy and a high quality of life. So knock it off with this "woe is me, I'm funny and no one else understands my pain" horseshit. Williams was a self-serving asshole.

46. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (08-12-2014)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So mental illness is dependant on money ?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Treatment for it in this county definitely depends on money!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He might not be as rich as you would think. Granted, he put a lot of his money up his nose in years past, and some of it went to his ex wives, but apparently the reason he did his recent CBS sitcom "The Crazy Ones" was because he needed the money.

The show was cancelled after one season. Damned if I know why...... I'm not going to say it was going to be the next "Seinfeld", but it was a Hell of a lot better than a lot of other shows still on the air. Of course CBS screwed Shatner a couple years ago too, so not entirely that surprising.

The thing with depression that a lot of people don't understand is that it amplifies things that could be seen as relatively minor problems into far more serious devastation. Obviously I'm not in Robin's head, so I can't tell you what he was thinking. But I can guess how his brain might have processed it. And it probably wasn't good.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What is it about comedians and depression

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Humor makes a great coping mechanism. Well, at least part of the time apparently.....

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    He might not be as rich as you would think. Granted, he put a lot of his money up his nose in years past, and some of it went to his ex wives, but apparently the reason he did his recent CBS sitcom "The Crazy Ones" was because he needed the money.
    Cocaine abuse can lead to severe depression and paranoia especially years after the user stops um, using it. Cocaine apes so much of the brain's natural chemistry that it can cause erratic and bizarre behavior - something Williams was known for. Remember when Elton John was spending over $40,000 a week on flowers? Well, there you go. And unlike Elton, Williams probably shrugged off his behavior as many cocaine addict fuckwits do. Williams put himself on the revolving door of rehab simply because he loved the drug more than life itself and I'm sure it cost him.

The show was cancelled after one season. Damned if I know why...... I'm not going to say it was going to be the next "Seinfeld", but it was a Hell of a lot better than a lot of other shows still on the air. Of course CBS screwed Shatner a couple years ago too, so not entirely that surprising.
    Brad Garret. Any show with Brad Garret - especially Brad Garret attempting to play a gay man - will eventually be cancelled. That is a given.

The thing with depression that a lot of people don't understand is that it amplifies things that could be seen as relatively minor problems into far more serious devastation. Obviously I'm not in Robin's head, so I can't tell you what he was thinking. But I can guess how his brain might have processed it. And it probably wasn't good.
    I'm not buying that. Williams had he resources to get proper help. Also seems to me he had support of his family. He may not rid himself of the depression completely but he had the wherewithal to where he could manage it if he so chose to do so. Take a look at the many of the homeless population in your city alone and wonder why they are that way. Say, unlike Trollvis, who flat out refuses to work, many of those with severe mental illness live in a daily hell that other will never understand. And many of them never receive a shred of help. Difference being they still choose to live so fuck Williams and his selfishness.

Oh, and don't shit yourself for a seccy that William's death will bring about some sort of change in mental health awareness. Remember Kurt Cobain? What did his suicide bring about? Oh, that's right, exploitation from books to t-shirts to the release of shitty unreleased "demos." You can bet the only resolve with Williams is all the vultures and mavens will soon be flocking around finding easy to make easy money off of his death. Sick, really fucking sick.

Thread Information