X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Angel
    He was a brilliant actor and an improv genius. Hopefully his death will help to generate discussion and lessen the stigma of mental illness.

There was a stupid internet hoax about him dying a couple days ago...I can't help but wonder if that triggered him. I know when I've been battling rhe demons, something like that would have sent me over the edge for sure.
    I can't believe how sloppy the press has gotten over the years. It's a POSSIBLE suicide but has not been officially confirmed. The media is saying it's a suicide when there is no official report yet. You don't report it's a suicide until you know for sure. Sure he was dealing with depression but he was dealing with it his whole life and that's plenty of years he could have committed suicide or attempted it. You just don't report it as a suicide until you know for sure. You can say POSSIBLE suicide. It's just sloppy reporting and now it's going around that it's suicide for sure.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
      Could have posted this in lots of threads recently

"Some people say Jesus wasn't Jewish. Of course he was Jewish! Thirty years old, single, lives with his parents, come on. He works in his father's business, his mom thought he was God's gift, he's Jewish. Give it up"
      Yeah but Jesus didn't like money changers. He made a whip and drove the bastards out. LOL! That don't sound jewish to me. Heck if Jesus showed up and started whipping bankers and smashing their stuff he would be the man of the year. He would be a fucking hero.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Angel
        He was a brilliant actor and an improv genius. Hopefully his death will help to generate discussion and lessen the stigma of mental illness.

Oh, PLU-EZE! Williams was a multimillionaire who could afford to get himself help where many in this county alone can not. So fuck him. He was a self-serving greedy pig who dosed himself with narcotics and alcohol who only gave a shit about his own misery. This is why I refuse to grieve his death. Suicide is the easy way out particularity since his "pain" was treatable and his "mental illness" not that severe to where he had his faculties about him. What a fucking asshole who did a fucking asshole act. Think of his family and closest friends who are the ones enduring the brunt of his "pain." Williams thought of no one else here but himself.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Apparently Robin Williams suffered from it his whole life. Seems like a lot of funny people do. Maybe they get good at humor trying to cheer themselves up. Many comedians seem to have some issues actually. There also seems to be intense pressure celebrities seem to deal with that drives many of them insane. Probably the pressure of staying relevant and then of course keeping up a public image and trying to keep a certain lifestyle going. The old saying is they love you on the way up and spit on you on the way down. Whatever the pressure is, it's seems to make people crack. Add in some depression drugs and booze. Not a good combination.

He also had money, pussy and a high quality of life. So knock it off with this "woe is me, I'm funny and no one else understands my pain" horseshit. Williams was a self-serving asshole.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

So mental illness is dependant on money ?
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Treatment for it in this county definitely depends on money!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

He might not be as rich as you would think. Granted, he put a lot of his money up his nose in years past, and some of it went to his ex wives, but apparently the reason he did his recent CBS sitcom "The Crazy Ones" was because he needed the money.

The show was cancelled after one season. Damned if I know why...... I'm not going to say it was going to be the next "Seinfeld", but it was a Hell of a lot better than a lot of other shows still on the air. Of course CBS screwed Shatner a couple years ago too, so not entirely that surprising.

The thing with depression that a lot of people don't understand is that it amplifies things that could be seen as relatively minor problems into far more serious devastation. Obviously I'm not in Robin's head, so I can't tell you what he was thinking. But I can guess how his brain might have processed it. And it probably wasn't good.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

What is it about comedians and depression
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Humor makes a great coping mechanism. Well, at least part of the time apparently.....
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      He might not be as rich as you would think. Granted, he put a lot of his money up his nose in years past, and some of it went to his ex wives, but apparently the reason he did his recent CBS sitcom "The Crazy Ones" was because he needed the money.
                      Cocaine abuse can lead to severe depression and paranoia especially years after the user stops um, using it. Cocaine apes so much of the brain's natural chemistry that it can cause erratic and bizarre behavior - something Williams was known for. Remember when Elton John was spending over $40,000 a week on flowers? Well, there you go. And unlike Elton, Williams probably shrugged off his behavior as many cocaine addict fuckwits do. Williams put himself on the revolving door of rehab simply because he loved the drug more than life itself and I'm sure it cost him.

The show was cancelled after one season. Damned if I know why...... I'm not going to say it was going to be the next "Seinfeld", but it was a Hell of a lot better than a lot of other shows still on the air. Of course CBS screwed Shatner a couple years ago too, so not entirely that surprising.
                      Brad Garret. Any show with Brad Garret - especially Brad Garret attempting to play a gay man - will eventually be cancelled. That is a given.

The thing with depression that a lot of people don't understand is that it amplifies things that could be seen as relatively minor problems into far more serious devastation. Obviously I'm not in Robin's head, so I can't tell you what he was thinking. But I can guess how his brain might have processed it. And it probably wasn't good.
                      I'm not buying that. Williams had he resources to get proper help. Also seems to me he had support of his family. He may not rid himself of the depression completely but he had the wherewithal to where he could manage it if he so chose to do so. Take a look at the many of the homeless population in your city alone and wonder why they are that way. Say, unlike Trollvis, who flat out refuses to work, many of those with severe mental illness live in a daily hell that other will never understand. And many of them never receive a shred of help. Difference being they still choose to live so fuck Williams and his selfishness.

Oh, and don't shit yourself for a seccy that William's death will bring about some sort of change in mental health awareness. Remember Kurt Cobain? What did his suicide bring about? Oh, that's right, exploitation from books to t-shirts to the release of shitty unreleased "demos." You can bet the only resolve with Williams is all the vultures and mavens will soon be flocking around finding easy to make easy money off of his death. Sick, really fucking sick.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Those are some dark and ugly truths, Kristy. And I agree with all of them.

The case of RW is sad and unfortunate to fans who know little of him, but avoidable and now heart wrenching to the loved ones so close to him.

I have many fond memories of the entertainment he has provided, but my heart goes out to his family who now have to spend the rest if their lives coping.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Williams had he resources to get proper help.
                          A social worker ??

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            A social worker ??
                            Fuck off, you trolling asshole.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Treatment for it in this county definitely depends on money!
                              Treatment anywhere. At least in the US you have a better chance of the state putting you in an institution. In the third world the crazies just roam the streets. Think the US is bad travel to a few third world countries. No help whatsoever.

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Oh, PLU-EZE! Williams was a multimillionaire who could afford to get himself help where many in this county alone can not. So fuck him. He was a self-serving greedy pig who dosed himself with narcotics and alcohol who only gave a shit about his own misery. This is why I refuse to grieve his death. Suicide is the easy way out particularity since his "pain" was treatable and his "mental illness" not that severe to where he had his faculties about him. What a fucking asshole who did a fucking asshole act. Think of his family and closest friends who are the ones enduring the brunt of his "pain." Williams thought of no one else here but himself.
                                This, from a future "Sociologist"...yeah, you'll do well in the field...
                                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...