Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams commits Suicide

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    There is so much crap being written about this on the internet and media today.

He was 63, he had made a lot of people laugh, made some good movies and decided he didn't want to live any more.

That's his decision, he'd already contributed more to the world than most ever will. The flippant nonsense people are saying about him 'taking the easy way out' or being 'selfish' without knowing him or how he felt or what his experience of life shows more about their lack of imagination, empathy or ignorance of clinical depression than anything else.

It's all too predictable but tiresome.
    The massive amounts of cocaine he's ingested over the years probably didn't affect his brain and mental capacity either.

I don't feel one bit sorry for him. I feel sorry for his family, and all the pain he has caused, and what he has and is putting them through now.

I hope right before he took his last breath, he tried to change his fucking mind.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I never said I felt sorry for him.

Anyone who ever saw the guy perform would know he was at the absolute furthest from the norm in how people behave which is why he was entertaining.

People being annoyed because he chose not to go on and so to stop entertaining them need to grow up, he quit deal with it.

All this faux shit about his family is nonsense too. Let them grieve but don't call him a cunt for the damage he has done to them because you don't know him or them. It's none of our business.

63 used to be a retirement age, 40 used to be a lifetime.

Land of the free?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Land of the free Sesh. Don't forget, KINGS OF THE FUCKING WORLD too!

I have to know them to know he's caused them a kind of pain they'll never forget?

If those subliminal nightmares Elvis is causing you, puts you over the edge and you off yourself, I'll be pissed off at you too.

By the way, I can't remember the last time that fucker entertained me. He had become a sad parody of himself, for many years now. Comically anyway.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    When most people are your age, they start looking forward to retirement. Of course, technically you've been a lifelong student living the life of retirement for 30 plus years.

What will you do with your first check that isn't from your government? Move out of the ghetto?
    I wish. I've been working since I was 13. I just got sick of what I was doing. Life of retirement? Fuck, just working full-time without adding full-time school is going to FEEL like retirement...
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My dad never retired. He worked until he got too old and sick to do it anymore but he liked what he did. I've seen people retire and go crazy and go back to work. Some of the best instructors I had in college were guys who couldn't stand retirement and hired on to teach classes. Nothing better than getting instruction from someone who actually did it for 40 years and were there because they liked to teach.

I've seen old people just rot away because they have nothing to do and I've seen old people live a pretty full life because they wanted to keep doing stuff. I think retirement is a thing of the past. The average life expectancy now is 83. The government is going to have to knock the collection age of social security back to age 75 to keep the system from getting swamped and going broke.

All I can say is pursue something you like and take care of yourselves. Working 40 years for the same company and collecting retirement at 65 is pretty much ln the past now.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    People die. Robin Williams made me laugh many times. End of story. I hope he's rolling in coke and doing 72 virgins right now.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    If those subliminal nightmares Elvis is causing you, puts you over the edge and you off yourself, I'll be pissed off at you too.
    I pity da fool...

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm already working in the field. I have more energy at the end of the day than I did at the start.

My old "career", it got to the point it was all I could do to drag my ass in to the office every day, let alone be productive. I'll work as long as I can. The people I work with keep me young.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So that's the standard you aspire to in the US, a little better than the third world?

You should chant that at events, we're #38 we're #38!
    Well my hell. Thank God you don't live here. We must have something people still want. The third world is running across our border to get in here.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    I'm already working in the field. I have more energy at the end of the day than I did at the start.

My old "career", it got to the point it was all I could do to drag my ass in to the office every day, let alone be productive. I'll work as long as I can. The people I work with keep me young.
    College is half bullshit. It's always nice to get that monkey off your back.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Nah, that title belongs to Jonathan Winters. The Mork shows he guested on with Williams were (and are) hysterical.
    I'm also a huge Jonathan Winters fan.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    I had a boss years ago that died by asphyxiation..turned out it was a sex thing and he went too far.....I did notice it was RWs publicist that said depression..hhmmm..
    When we lived in Boise, Idaho a friend of mine was a police officer. I used to sometimes ride with him when he did his beat. I learned about accidental deaths due to strangulation while having sex or masturbating from him. Quite a few people die doing it I guess. He said the first death they had to go investigate when he was a rookie was a guy who accidently strangled himself while wanking. The experienced cops knew what it was. He couldn't figure out why the guy hung himself with no pants on.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by binnie View Post
    well, good to see we've turned another thread into a vortex of hate and egotism.

What were you all saying about mental illness?
    mission accomplished!

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Jonathan Winters was such a good addition to that show that you could even overlook the ridiculous plot device they used to make it happen. Though apparently, the people who made that "Benjamin Buttons" movie (which I haven't actually seen yet) liked it enough to rip it off. I'm assuming they left the egg out of their version?
    Actually, BB was based on a story that is nearly 100 years old. So, M&M stole it first.

Loved JW on that show, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cur..._(short_story)

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "The flippant nonsense people are saying about him 'taking the easy way out' or being 'selfish' without knowing him or how he felt or what his experience of life shows more about their lack of imagination, empathy or ignorance of clinical depression than anything else.

It's all too predictable but tiresome."

I do not even try and fight the ignorance on Depression with these idiots Sesh. They think they know what happened....and they are all too happy to tell the rest of us how a clinical depression works...without a single close experience or the hard slog those that have lived with a depressed family member plays it out.

They fucking know so much more than we do about it Sesh.

My mother hung herself in my garage. Why do I even want to say it? It will make no difference in these peoples opinions or the ignorant shit they spout out of their superior pompous mouth about it. I know the kids know more about it...and will for the rest of their lifetime. Lost mine at 22.

Depression has never touched them in any intimate way. Just let them spew their hatred....then they will just be quiet again while the rest of us deal with it. For them it means nothing but to tell us how their moral sanity is better than anything a depression family/individual ever had to deal with.

They rock so much better than the rest of us. I am so glad they are sharing their wisdom on it. Will be glad when they forget about it again and go back to their prom fucking date lives. Back to the Khardasians fucks.
    Last edited by SunisinuS; 08-13-2014 at 02:37 AM. Reason: People suffering with this disease are some of the most vulnerable caring people you will ever meet. Thanks for showing who has true humanity...I would pick my mother and Robin over your stupid shit.
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think the comments in here are about anyone being "all knowing" or "self righteous" in the field of depression. I'm sure there are varying degrees of experience with personal situations as well. In sorry to hear of yours, Sun.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I hope he's rolling in coke and doing 72 virgins right now.
    "That's Virginians you asshole!!" That was one of my favorite stand-up bits he did shortly after 9/11.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Apparently he also tried to slit his wrists, but all he had on hand was a pocket knife that wasn't up to the job. Clearly, he wanted out.
    I was cutting some zip ties with a knife and slipped and put the tip right into my wrist. Luckily I didn't hit an artery. I go to the emergency room to get it looked at and they thought I tried to commit suicide. I told them it was an accident. They didn't believe me. I got pissed and said if I was going to off myself I had plenty of better stuff to do it with than a stupid little knife. I got the impression they see cut wrists a lot.

Yup it's a pretty sad visual. He probably couldn't bring himself to cut his wrists deep enough so he went for the belt and just cinched it up tight and cut the blood flow to his brain. Not a pretty visual. Clearly whatever dark demons he was dealing with hit impulsively.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    "That's Virginians you asshole!!" That was one of my favorite stand-up bits he did shortly after 9/11.

I didn't even know about this until you mentioned it. Funny shit!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SunisinuS View Post
    "The flippant nonsense people are saying about him 'taking the easy way out' or being 'selfish' without knowing him or how he felt or what his experience of life shows more about their lack of imagination, empathy or ignorance of clinical depression than anything else.

It's all too predictable but tiresome."

I do not even try and fight the ignorance on Depression with these idiots Sesh. They think they know what happened....and they are all too happy to tell the rest of us how a clinical depression works...without a single close experience or the hard slog those that have lived with a depressed family member plays it out.

They fucking know so much more than we do about it Sesh.
    Hey, here's a hint: go fuck yourself. I know more about depression and those suffering from severe mental illness who could not afford to receive any quality help. Williams had resources. Williams had family support. Williams went through rehab how many times..? He did take the easy way out! Bottom line.

If anyone remembers, you fucking asshole my own sister suffered from schizophrenia. Slowly, I watched a young, beautiful woman lose her looks and her mind. She took her life, too back in April 2010 not because she wanted to but because she did not have the adequate resources to cope; Williams did. So stop defending him. Williams chose to fuck up his life with cocaine and alcohol which only exacerbated his depression, my sister never came near that shit so what in the fuck do you know!?

Williams devastated his closet friends and family and, unlike my sister he had his facilitates about him - he made a coherent and conscientious choice to end his life. He knew he so fucking knew what that would do to those around him. So yeah, you whining chronic shit video youtube posting fuckwit, I do know how clinical depression works and how it robs so much from one's life. As for your mother, I'm sorry but get the fuck off your soapbox - you're not the only who has gone through the loss of another by suicide. So just shut the fuck up and go back to posting your crappy videos.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Obviously, you don't know as much as you think. For one thing, he was bi-polar.

I'm sure he did make a coherent and conscientious choice to end his life. I have no doubt that he wanted to end the burden for his family. More than likely, he believed his family, and the world, would be better off without him in it. He probably felt he was doing his family a favour...

How do I know this? Because I've fucking been there...
    Last edited by Angel; 08-13-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    So you're Trollvis' social worker. Well, best of luck.
    Nah...I'm staying away from both Mental Health and Child Protection...

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think the comments in here are about anyone being "all knowing" or "self righteous" in the field of depression. I'm sure there are varying degrees of experience with personal situations as well. In sorry to hear of yours, Sun.
    Yea not aimed at anyone here, but I think Sesh was talking more about Fox's Shepherd ect which I was as well. For 30 plus years always the same from those types. So yea, no one here, and should not have even posted as found it is just better to be silent about it....see the following.

As for K's self serving rant about shit she knows nothing about: "Williams devastated his closet friends and family and, unlike my sister he had his facilitates about him - he made a coherent and conscientious choice to end his life. He knew he so fucking knew what that would do to those around him. " Coherent and "conscientious" Wow. As in Princess Bride "I don't think you know what the word means." And closet friends? Was he gay? In any case, your true colors are your own Kristy you shine clearly now. For many many sufferers of Acute Depression, even with the best care there is, they lose the battle. But as you said, you know more about it than the rest of us and we are just people you need to insult.

For everyone who has dealt with suicide and depression in those around them...those comments above kinda sums up what Sesh was referencing. Kristy should see in her own post, but there is no logic. Depressed people and Schizophrenics Don't Know what they are doing. The are frequently very far removed from Reality. That is why they commit suicide. If they were fully aware they would not. We are not talking about Hitler or Goering here where sick but fully aware criminals commit suicide. I can see the "Coward's Way" about them, but from all accounts Robin was a good guy. He did not do it on purpose, it just appears to us as hopefully more emotionally and mentally well people as a terrible mistake.

You can't have it both ways Kristy. Either Robin was a terrible man who did this just for fun to torture his family because of an affair or bankruptcy or crime, or he was terribly sick and saw no solution to the absolute day after day mental torture until he lost it. Which was it?

Kristy. Goodbye. I feel sorry for you. You took a post that had nothing to do with you and made yourself center stage for some unfulfilled need you have. So sorry you lost your sister and I am sure you are posting from pain. The lack of taste and class in evidence though you own yourself. See you after you actually have a degree and something to say. If you were a male I am sure you would have plenty of dental work done by now as your kind of misery tends to find it's own reward. You keep posting your super great video's of your own! Out.
    Last edited by SunisinuS; 08-13-2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Cue more personal insults....the sign of a great argument.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Apparently he also tried to slit his wrists, but all he had on hand was a pocket knife that wasn't up to the job. Clearly, he wanted out.
    My first thought upon hearing that was "cutting". Quite common for numerous disorders. Cutting is often an attempt to provided a sense of release from the pain, or a manifestation of self-loathing.

I have lost loved ones through suicide, and it IS horrid, so much worse than a "normal" death. If we de-stigmatize mental illness, it will also help those left behind. I had one brother who died of suicide, and, as many of you know, another from brain cancer. Both were taken by horrible, monstrous illness.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Hey, here's a hint: go fuck yourself. I know more about depression and those suffering from severe mental illness who could not afford to receive any quality help. Williams had resources. Williams had family support. Williams went through rehab how many times..? He did take the easy way out! Bottom line.

If anyone remembers, you fucking asshole my own sister suffered from schizophrenia. Slowly, I watched a young, beautiful woman lose her looks and her mind. She took her life, too back in April 2010 not because she wanted to but because she did not have the adequate resources to cope; Williams did. So stop defending him. Williams chose to fuck up his life with cocaine and alcohol which only exacerbated his depression, my sister never came near that shit so what in the fuck do you know!?

Williams devastated his closet friends and family and, unlike my sister he had his facilitates about him - he made a coherent and conscientious choice to end his life. He knew he so fucking knew what that would do to those around him. So yeah, you whining chronic shit video youtube posting fuckwit, I do know how clinical depression works and how it robs so much from one's life. As for your mother, I'm sorry but get the fuck off your soapbox - you're not the only who has gone through the loss of another by suicide. So just shut the fuck up and go back to posting your crappy videos.
    I think this pretty much sums it up.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And for all of you who think everybody should just have the "choice" to off themselves...Sure. They should. And they do all the time. But they leave behind people who are fucked up forever. Don't believe me? Here's a good example...

I used to date this chick. We'll call her Jealousy. Anyways, we split up for various reasons, my whoring not one of them I'm sure, and then we got back together. In the interim, her mother climbed into bed one day and poured gasoline all over herself. Then she lit a match and didn't even move from the spot she was in. She burned to a motherfucking crisp, right there in the spot where she lit herself on fire. Well, she had the right and the "freedom" to off herself, right? Her kid, Jealousy, was in her early 20s and is still to this day fucked up like a motherfucking rubber duck. Yeah, she's a good mom. Yeah, she gets through the day. But when I talk to her, when we see each other, it doesn't take too long until she says "Why did she do that? Why didn't she just call me? Or just call somebody, anybody?"

The pain that a suicide leaves behind never ends.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    One of our local news shows had a medical professional that deals with depression. He said 18% of the US deals with some kind of depression. He said many of his patients hear voices in their heads telling them to off themselves or do crazy stuff. He said there is no test for bipolar or schitzophrenia and you just have to ask questions and do some detective work. The more I listened to this guy the more I learned it's not an exact science and frankly nobody has all the answers. Sometimes the medication helps sometimes it makes people worse. I've even heard people who work around schitzophrenics in mental institutions conclude some of these people just seem to be possessed by something.

Frankly it's a world I don't relate to. I never once wanted to kill myself and I don't get how someone with a nice family could off themselves. It sounds like the so called professionals don't have all the answers either. All I know is it's the family and friends who suffer.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-13-2014 at 12:00 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    One of our local news shows had a medical professional that deals with depression. He said 18% of the US deals with some kind of depression.
    The figure for people on this forum is much higher...

Just listened to an interesting podcast with Robin Williams from a few years ago where he discusses suicide - poignant.

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episod...robin_williams

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    And for all of you who think everybody should just have the "choice" to off themselves...Sure. They should. And they do all the time. But they leave behind people who are fucked up forever. Don't believe me? Here's a good example...

I used to date this chick. We'll call her Jealousy. Anyways, we split up for various reasons, my whoring not one of them I'm sure, and then we got back together. In the interim, her mother climbed into bed one day and poured gasoline all over herself. Then she lit a match and didn't even move from the spot she was in. She burned to a motherfucking crisp, right there in the spot where she lit herself on fire. Well, she had the right and the "freedom" to off herself, right? Her kid, Jealousy, was in her early 20s and is still to this day fucked up like a motherfucking rubber duck. Yeah, she's a good mom. Yeah, she gets through the day. But when I talk to her, when we see each other, it doesn't take too long until she says "Why did she do that? Why didn't she just call me? Or just call somebody, anybody?"

The pain that a suicide leaves behind never ends.
    Sometimes they don't off themselves. They off others. A good friend of mine growing up had a mom who dressed and acted younger than her age. She had to have the best clothes. Best car. Flaunted that her husband made good money. She was a bit nuts. Anyways her husband started having an affair with his secretary, fell in love and blind sided the crazy wife. Divorce. The family splits up with some moving to another city with their dad and some staying with mom.

The crazy mom would have these flings with gulable men and divorce and remarry. On the fourth one she blew him away with a 12 guage when he was sleeping. Arrested. Diagonsed with schitzophrenia and sent to a lifetime of being locked up in a high security mental institution ran by the state.

I don't know what's worse. Having mom off herself or having mom off someone else.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    One of our local news shows had a medical professional that deals with depression. He said 18% of the US deals with some kind of depression. He said many of his patients hear voices in their heads telling them to off themselves or do crazy stuff. He said there is no test for bipolar or schitzophrenia and you just have to ask questions and do some detective work. The more I listened to this guy the more I learned it's not an exact science and frankly nobody has all the answers. Sometimes the medication helps sometimes it makes people worse. I've even heard people who work around schitzophrenics in mental institutions conclude some of these people just seem to be possessed by something.

Frankly it's a world I don't relate to. I never once wanted to kill myself and I don't get how someone with a nice family could off themselves. It sounds like the so called professionals don't have all the answers either. All I know is it's the family and friends who suffer.
    Oh please. I get depressed from time to time too. And I hear voices telling me what to do. Ok, usually it's Warf and he's on the phone going all Wooooooo!!! Ric Flair style, but I hear them too.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Just listened to an interesting podcast with Robin Williams from a few years ago where he discusses suicide - poignant.

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episod...robin_williams
    Robin Williams left behind a lot of brilliant work. He will be remembered for that. Frankly nobody understands why he did what he did and he probably didn't either. He wanted to get away from something. He made his escape. Sadly his family, friends, and even his fans deal with the cold hard reality. Apparently the man was too far inside of some dark menacing fog to think rationally or care. Call it selfishness. Call it being out of it. Whatever. Nobody has an answer, just guesses.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Oh please. I get depressed from time to time too. And I hear voices telling me what to do. Ok, usually it's Warf and he's on the phone going all Wooooooo!!! Ric Flair style, but I hear them too.
    I watched an interview with Ric Flair. The man was a man's man. Ric delivered 110% and not only that, all of Ric's dreams came true because he made them come true. He said he got way more back than he ever thought possible and at the end of the interview he was teary eyed appreciating how good life had been to him. There you go man. Ric Flair is the shit!

Hey if the depression is seeping in, let out a Woooooooo! and body slam someone. You will feel better!
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-13-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I watched an interview with Ric Flair. The man was a man's man. Ric delivered 110% and not only that, all of Ric's dreams came true because he made them come true. He said he got way more back than he ever thought possible and at the end of the interview he was teary eyed appreciating how good life had been to him. There you go man. Ric Flair is the shit!

Hey if the depression is seeping in, let out a Woooooooo! and body slam someone. You will feel better!
    You talkin' to the Rolex wearin....

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

The real Ric Flair. The man behind the alter ego and yes he's humble.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    See, that's the thing. He was always humble. He just never showed it on camera. He hurt ONE guy, one time, while he was wrestling. Sting. It was an accident but it almost killed Flair. The thing with Flair that's probably similar to Robin is this, and other people have said it too, the only person who doesn't know he's Ric Flair is Ric Flair. And it was probably true with Robin. The only person who didn't know how great he was and how cool he was (a few crappy movies notwithstanding) was probably him. And that's a shame.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Flair hurt Sting? Good! I always liked Stewart and Andy but I never cared for that asshole Sting. Just because you are the lead singer of The Police doesn't mean you are a god.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It'll be nearly 100% when I'm gone...

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    It'll be nearly 100% when I'm gone...
    So, is you're old g'bye thread going to be re-opened, or are you just going to pepper your 'fond farewells' throughout the whole joint?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So, is you're old g'bye thread going to be re-opened, or are you just going to pepper your 'fond farewells' throughout the whole joint?

probably will just have a new alias....like lisa marie or some such...and just say he left....
    I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think his lovable personality would shine through...

Thread Information