Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams commits Suicide

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And I'm all about the real freedom and liberty that only comes from faith in Jesus Christ, AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!!

You're a SAD SHELL OF A HUMAN BEING...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I like going to church.
    I don't but I don't have a problem with you going if that's what floats your boat. I went to church once or twice after I turned 18. I lived in a hippy commune with Jesus Freaks for awhile but they believed you should worship in a one to one basis instead of a group thing. They would discuss their beliefs with each other but not in a formal service type setting. They let me stay with them during the week for a little while so I wouldn't have to drive 150 miles round trip by myself after my brother got a better job. I just crashed there monday through friday. Most of the time it was monday through thursday. One of the members of group worked with me. We called him Wolfman at work. He was brother Chris at the commune. They didn't force their beliefs on me but they suggested I change my ways on a regular basis.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What's wrong with that ??

maybe you should have listened...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    And I'm all about the real freedom and liberty that only comes from faith in Jesus Christ, AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!!

Seriously..... all the fucking hate and rage you have posted here over the last 6 months or so. All the "******" stuff. All the anti-semitic/white nationalist/christian identity nonsense. All the over the top anger..... it doesn't sound like somebody who has found "true freedom in Jesus Christ".

Shit, you even yell at HIM when He posts here!

There's an old saying.... damned if I can remember who originated it, but I think it was some well known preacher of the 17th century or so....

If religion has done nothing for your temper, how has it done anything for your soul?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What temper ??

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Well, that certainly clarifies the picture. Not a good future to contemplate for anybody, let alone someone already dealing with severe depression...
    There's a little clarification, I s'pose. Not to belittle him or claim cowardliness, but I can't help but think of people of all ages, primarily kids, laid up in hospitals with terminal illnesses that spend the final days of their soon-to-be cut short lives, hoping a Dr. walks in with a miracle cure. They would most certainly switch their ills for his. Sure, Parkinson's sucks, but a lot of things suck. I know. The phrase "however bad you have it, someone always has it worse" is no cure for depression. If only things were that simple.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    There's a little clarification, I s'pose. Not to belittle him or claim cowardliness, but I can't help but think of people of all ages, primarily kids, laid up in hospitals with terminal illnesses that spend the final days of their soon-to-be cut short lives, hoping a Dr. walks in with a miracle cure. They would most certainly switch their ills for his. Sure, Parkinson's sucks, but a lot of things suck. I know. The phrase "however bad you have it, someone always has it worse" is no cure for depression. If only things were that simple.
    Could not have said it better.
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post

Your post assumes the person is thinking rationally. The whole thing about clinical depression is that you don't.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Your post assumes the person is thinking rationally. The whole thing about clinical depression is that you don't.
    Understood, but I'm under the impression he'd received treatment through the years and he seemed too intelligent and well grounded to be cast off as completely irrational with his thoughts. I know it's complicated. That's why I ended the post as I did. None of us are in inside anyone else's head but our own.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think when we hear the phrase clinical depression most of us we compare it to a time when we were unhappy or grieving for a loved one and that's not what it's like by all accounts.

I started to understand it better after watching a few things with Stephen Fry who suffers from a similar condition and like Williams clever, successful, much loved and funny.

This was recorded in 2010, he had an unsuccessful suicide attempt last year...

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good point. Spalding Gray comes to mind, as well.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I don't but I don't have a problem with you going if that's what floats your boat. I went to church once or twice after I turned 18. I lived in a hippy commune with Jesus Freaks for awhile but they believed you should worship in a one to one basis instead of a group thing. They would discuss their beliefs with each other but not in a formal service type setting. They let me stay with them during the week for a little while so I wouldn't have to drive 150 miles round trip by myself after my brother got a better job. I just crashed there monday through friday. Most of the time it was monday through thursday. One of the members of group worked with me. We called him Wolfman at work. He was brother Chris at the commune. They didn't force their beliefs on me but they suggested I change my ways on a regular basis.
    You have to allow freedom of religion or you don't have freedom. As long as there is separation of church and state and no criminal activity is happening like child abuse or terrorist harboring is happening then let people live the way they want to live. We never will agree on religion and politics. Those are the two topics you stay away from if you don't want arguments to ensue.

We don't have a state religion forcing you to go and we don't have insurrections torturing you if you don't do what the church says. If people think a religion free state will bring a better life I'm sorry. That's been tried and it didn't bring a better life. Oddly enough people are running to religion in those places where it once was outlawed.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    You have to allow freedom of religion or you don't have freedom.
    Simply and well said...

Just when I thought Nitro was going off the deep end he comes back with a voice of reason...

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What if my religion means bombing your religion
    fuck your fucking framing

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Depends what the beliefs are.

Too much respect is given to beliefs I'm all about the freedom to say that a belief is wrong and why.

Religions don't stand up to scrutiny and that's why the people that run them don't like questions being asked.
    You also don't have a free society if you can't question the church. One powerful glue that holds various church's together is family tradition. See what happens when you tell your orthodox jewish parents, stout Mormon parents, or devout Islamic parents that you are marring outside of the faith. It's not pretty. People have to remember leaving a religion or not towing the traditional line might mean loss of family.

It's a complicated issue.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think when we hear the phrase clinical depression most of us we compare it to a time when we were unhappy or grieving for a loved one and that's not what it's like by all accounts.
    No, it's not. It's more like a thick black cloud that encompasses your brain, and it just keeps getting thicker and darker. Eventually, you get to the point where you can't stand it anymore. You are convinced that your loved ones, and the world in general, would be much better off without you around. The longer the depression, the more negative the thinking. Eventually, you get to the point where you believe that ALL problems are your fault, and everyone in your life will be happier once you, the problem maker, are gone.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's exactly the definition a clinician gave me yesterday when we were chatting.
    Not in a professional capacity I better add...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    What if my religion means bombing your religion
    That problem tends to rear it's ugly head when you don't have separation of church and state. See why Israel is a failure is it's a theocracy. The only way that place really would work is to have separation of church and state and freedom of religion. Jews, muslims, and christians have lived together and got along fine. It's when someone politicizes religion is where the trouble tends to happen.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No such thing. Either you want out or you're a pussy.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

How Christian

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    To be honest. I was always skeptical of this clinical depression definition. Then we had a neighbor who suffered from it. She had a daughter the same age as our daughter. The mom just stopped functioning. Lost her job. Never mentioned suicide by my wife and I were concerned she was in the danger zone. We called her brother and he came and tried to help her. No luck. She finally ended up getting comitted to the state mental hospital. Whatever they did there helped her. She got out. She got a new job. Remarried. Things seem to be working for her now.

This was a person who was well educated and very capable of being a good employee. It's just that something would set her off and she would fall into these deep depressions and not function. It didn't matter if she was responsible for her daughter or what kind of responsibilities she had. I've never seen that before or since.

So yeah there are those manic depressive people and it seems like the right professional can help them but I think too many people use depression as an excuse. I'm not buying we have as many depressives as the statistics claim.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    No such thing. Either you want out or you're a pussy.
    Jump! Might as well jump!

No one will ever accuse Kiss' Gene Simmons of not speaking his mind. One day after Simmons and his Kiss Army were ordered to surrender by the Black Lips, resulting in an ill-fated "learn English" jab by Simmons, the bassist made some irresponsible comments about depression that have angered Mötley Crüe's Nikki Sixx, Loudwire reports.

In an interview with Songfacts.com, Simmons essentially dismissed depression as a mental disorder. "For a putz 20-year-old kid to say, 'I'm depressed. I live in Seattle.' Fuck you, then kill yourself. I never understand, because I always call them on their bluff. I'm the guy who says 'Jump' when there's a guy on top of a building who says, 'That's it, I can't take it anymore. I'm going to jump.' Are you kidding? Why are you announcing it? Shut the fuck up, have some dignity and jump! You've got the crowd," Simmons said. "By the way, you walk up to the same guy on a ledge who threatens to jump and put a gun to his head, 'I'm going to blow your fuckin' head off.' He'll go, 'Please don't.' It's true. He's not that insane."

Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx chastised Simmons on his Sixx Sense radio show. "It's pretty moronic because [Simmons] thinks everybody listens to him, that he is the God of Thunder. He will tell you he is the greatest man on earth, and to be honest with you, I like Gene. But in this situation, I don't like Gene. I don’t like Gene's words," Sixx said. "There is a 20-year-old kid out there who is a Kiss fan and reads this and goes, 'You know what? He's right. I should just kill myself.'"

Sixx added, "For people who are depressed, there is a way out. There are many, many ways out. And I don't want people to listen to an interview from a rock star, who's telling you the only way out is out." Sixx is just the latest person to get mad at something Simmons has spouted. Previously, the Kiss bassist generated some controversy when he said he supported Donald Sterling in the fight over the Los Angeles Clippers, adding that while what Sterling said was "heinous," he shouldn't be castigated for remarks made in private.
    Mr. Simmons agrees with you Kristy.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Suicide and religion. Only at the Roth Army.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How Christian
    Let those who love the Lord hate evil

Psalm 97:10

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's exactly the definition a clinician gave me yesterday when we were chatting.
    Not in a professional capacity I better add...
    Nobody had to tell me. It's not pleasant, trust me.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Trust you ??

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

For the last time, go fuck yourself you little proselytizing gadfly.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Mr. Simmons agrees with you Kristy.
    Gene Simmons is a boring cocksucker who will do, say or blow anything or anyone for a dollar. I'm not pro suicide but what I am saying is think of your friends and family and the immeasurable devastation they will go through. Williams sure didn't.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    For the last time, go fuck yourself you little proselytizing gadfly.
    See, that's the evil I hate...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    See, that's the evil I hate...
    See, I don't give a shit what you hate. Get the fuck over yourself and go back to living under your bridge.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I started to understand it better after watching a few things with Stephen Fry who suffers from a similar condition and like Williams clever, successful, much loved and funny.

Hadn't heard of the suicide attempt. Presumably he bounced back from it, since he turned up in the recent season of 24 as the British PM. Guess he didn't want to try to pull off an American accent like his old partner Hugh Laurie?

His analogy about the weather was a great description though. It's something that a lot of people just don't get about depression. You don't just "snap out of it", or "positive think" your way out of it, or pray your way out of it, any more than you could a hurricane. Or a drought, depending on how climate change has impacted your local area.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

This is pretty ironic since it seems like more than half your posts here are hate filled rants.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But..but...but...he's a "Christian!" That alone gives him carte blanche to be a fucking asshole.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But..but...but...he's a "Christian!" That alone gives him carte blanche to be a fucking asshole.
    Hi I'm Telly Savalis and when I'm out and about and want carte blanche to be a fucking asshole I use my Christian Asshole Club card. When you join the Christian Asshole Club you get a special welcome from Benjamin Netanyahu when you visit Israel. You have accsess to millions of gullible christian females needing a strong christian man in their lives. You get the smug feeling that you are going to be raptured when the other heathen assholes will suffer the last day tribulations and burn as stubble. You also get a discount at the buffet at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

When I think of manic depression. I think of this. Got to love Jimmy. He had manic depression because he couldn't have sex with his music instead of the same ol same ol women. The dude was insane in a good way.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Really? That sucks. When I think of depression and wanting to slit my wrist I listen to this:

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Listening to The Smiths makes me want to see how much of my head I can blow all over the wall.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Stephen Patrick Morrissey may be the record holder as the guy who has not only survived depression for over 30 years, but actually made money off of it.

Yeah....I know, Brian Wilson. But Brian's most successful material was about sun, surfing, cars, and chicks. So he was writing to escape his depression, where Morrissey bleeds his misery into his lyrics.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's a good thing I'm not manic suicidal because if I was, I would kamikaze Sammy Hagar's house.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh please. There's no better suicide music than Mad Season. That shit will put you in a dark closet even if you're not depressed.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Thread Information