No announcement yet.

Ferguson is what happens when white suburban cops get weapons of war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos erupted in Ferguson after the announcement of the grand jury ruling Monday night. While officials and community leaders called for calm, the Missouri suburb exploded. Protesters torched buildings, flipped cars and smashed windows. Businesses…

" riots happen all the time, and often over significantly less terrible events — and we talk about them very differently when those involved are white."
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Angel View Post
      http://m.mic.com/articles/105198/9-p...in-perspective

" riots happen all the time, and often over significantly less terrible events — and we talk about them very differently when those involved are white."
      Mostly because the whites go to work the next day. A race riot is completely different than a bunch of drunk assholes flipping cars over after a game.
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
        In the same way you have been gainfully employed over the past ten years.
        Your name should be dead horse...

BTW, you're not gainfully anything...

Look at that piece of crap rental Malibu you're in...
        Last edited by ELVIS; 11-29-2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
          If someone robs me of $50...
          They'll kill you for two dollars, idiot...

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksmar View Post
              Same to you. And everyone at the best damn website EVER!!!
              this statement in and of itself proves that you are an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angel View Post
                http://m.mic.com/articles/105198/9-p...in-perspective

asshole

Comment

• Originally posted by VAiN View Post
                  Mostly because the whites go to work the next day. A race riot is completely different than a bunch of drunk assholes flipping cars over after a game.
                  one of the few who get it

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    Your name should be dead horse...

BTW, you're not gainfully anything...

Look at that piece of crap rental Malibu you're in...
                    i thought you were leaving you racist piece of shit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evette View Post
                      asshole
                      Fuck off, cunt.
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Evette View Post
                        i thought you were leaving you racist piece of shit?
                        It's the internet, nobody ever leaves
                        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Kind of like the Hotel California...
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Such a lovely place?

Comment

• Based on what we've seen on TV? I dunno. I think I'd be more comfortable in Detroit. And that's not a slam.

Did anyone really think he'd go back on patrol in Ferguson?

Darren Wilson quits Ferguson PD:

FERGUSON, Mo. -- The white police officer who killed Michael Brown has resigned from the Ferguson Police Department, his attorney said Saturday, nearly four months after the fatal confrontation with the black 18-year-old that fueled protests in the St. Louis suburb and across the nation.

Darren Wilson, 28, has been on administrative leave since the shooting on Aug. 9. His resignation was announced Saturday by one of his attorneys, Neil Bruntrager. The resignation is effective immediately, Bruntrager said. He declined further immediate comment but said he would release more details Saturday night.

The attorney for the Brown family, Benjamin Crump, did not immediately return phone and email messages seeking comment.

A grand jury spent more than three months reviewing evidence in the case before declining in November to issue any charges against Wilson. He told jurors that he feared for his life when Brown hit him and reached for his gun.

The U.S. Justice Department is still conducting a civil rights investigation into the shooting and a separate probe of police department practices.

The shooting struck up a national debate about race and police power.

After the shooting, Wilson spent months in hiding and made no public statements. He broke his silence after the grand jury decision, telling ABC News that he could not have done anything differently in the encounter with Brown.

Wilson said he has a clean conscience because "I know I did my job right." Brown's shooting was the first time he fired his gun on the job, he said.

Asked whether the encounter would have unfolded the same way if Brown had been white, Wilson said yes.

Wilson began his career in nearby Jennings before moving to the Ferguson job a few years ago. He had no previous complaints against him and a good career record, according to Police Chief Thomas Jackson, who called Wilson "an excellent police officer."

A few months before the shooting, Wilson had received a commendation for detaining a suspect in a drug case.

Darren Wilson, 28, has been on administrative leave since the shooting on Aug. 9. His resignation was announced Saturday by one of his attorneys, Neil Bruntrager.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Ferguson is what happens when white suburban cops get weapons of war

Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
                                Asked whether the encounter would have unfolded the same way if Brown had been white, Wilson said yes.
                                Top journalism.

If only someone had asked him that question sooner we could have avoided all this trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X