X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Angel
    I don't get this. Are we supposed to feel bad we have more water to waste than they do in Africa now?
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Water should not be wasted ANYWHERE. I love that ALS is getting tons of money, but I DESPISE this wasteful campaign.

I conserve water as much as possible...
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
        So far, Captain Jean-Luc Picard has the best response I've seen of these....

That looks like he was making a bucket list not a commentary on the ice bucket challenge.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Something. I posted a video then decided to delete it. Since I had to post something I did.
          Last edited by cadaverdog; 08-25-2014, 08:49 AM.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Water should not be wasted ANYWHERE. I love that ALS is getting tons of money, but I DESPISE this wasteful campaign.

I conserve water as much as possible...
            Wasting water in areas with water to spare isn't really wasting water. It might be wasting the money it took to filter and deliver the water to the place they filled the buckets but that's about it. I suppose you only take Navy showers and have a drought friendly yard too. If they were wasting food or oil I could see your point but water?
            Last edited by cadaverdog; 08-25-2014, 08:58 AM. Reason: I missed one L in really
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'm proud of my two youngest... they donated their own money and did the ice dump. They both challenged their friends to do both.

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                I'm proud of my two youngest... they donated their own money and did the ice dump. They both challenged their friends to do both.
                I'd be up shit creek if someone challenged me. A bucket of ice cold water over my head would probably make me have a heart attack and I can't spare $100 right now. I got a $350 ticket I gotta pay because I forgot to put the handicapped placard on my rear view mirror a couple days ago after I parked in a handicapped space.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  Wasting water in areas with water to spare isn't realy wasting water. It might be wasting the money it took to filter and deliver the water to the place they filled the buckets but that's about it. I suppose you only take Navy showers and have a drought friendly yard too. If they were wasting food or oil I could see your point but water?
                  No such thing as "water to spare". Without water...there is no food. Without water...you don't get oil out of the ground.

"1.5 million children under the age of five die each year from diarrhea, caused primarily by dirty water and poor sanitation. That is more than 4,100 deaths per day. Given an average airliner capacity of 250, this is equivalent to 16 airliners full of children under the age of five, crashing each day"
                  "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    I'm a terrible person even thinking this but what if you didn't know that there was a technology whereby moving your eyes can select letters which your carer then see and narrate?
                    Jason's dad invented that according to Wiki. I know they're not always right but they're not always wrong either.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      Jason's dad invented that according to Wiki. I know they're not always right but they're not always wrong either.
                      I think they brought that up in the movie.

No such thing as "water to spare". Without water...there is no food. Without water...you don't get oil out of the ground.

"1.5 million children under the age of five die each year from diarrhea, caused primarily by dirty water and poor sanitation. That is more than 4,100 deaths per day. Given an average airliner capacity of 250, this is equivalent to 16 airliners full of children under the age of five, crashing each day"
                      Remember the old Sam Kinison bit about why there's no food in the desert?

And then in the States, we've got housing booms in areas that are already short on water...and those pricks propose taking water from the Great Lakes. Uh, fuck off!

AND then there's these asshole celebs who are shaming people about wasting water in the challenge, and I bet most of them have a big ol' pool in their backyard. Fuck them too!
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

People are stupid, celebrity people more so.

It takes 30 gallons of water to create a pound of cheese, 150 gallons of water to create a pound of beef - a bucket isn't going to make any difference to anything.
                        Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-25-2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          And then in the States, we've got housing booms in areas that are already short on water...and those pricks propose taking water from the Great Lakes. Uh, fuck off!
                          They need to build desalination plants along the coast here and quit diverting rivers from their natural courses. The should have built some here instead of building the California and the L A aqueducts.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

It takes 30 gallons of water to create a pound of cheese, 150 gallons of water to create a pound of beef - a bucket isn't going to make any difference to anything.
                            Maybe they'd quit whining if they limited it to one gallon of ice water per bucket.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I hate cheese.

Angel disagrees with you. A bucket of water will make a difference.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by twonabomber

Remember the old Sam Kinison bit about why there's no food in the desert?
                                That's the exact thing I thought of when I saw the meme. Sam screaming, "Go where the food is!!"

Comment

Working...