Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    says the cilantro soap lover...
    Them's fightin' words!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I was mainly talking about the quality of the food, comparing them to Hardees.
    I never ate at Hardees before they became Carl's Jr with a different name. I think Carl's is a few rungs up the ladder from BK. After one of the meat scares years ago all the BKs out here started cooking their meat longer and it was always too charred around the outside for my liking. I still like their chicken sandwich even though I don't think they're worth what they charge for them. I'm a tight ass when it comes to fast food anyway. I'll buy something on sale or something I have a coupon instead of a more expensive item I'd rather eat.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Brazer DQ is the best for burgers and shit!
    There's not many around here anymore outside of the few in combo restaraunts. There's one on Van Nuys Blvd a couple miles away but it's real nasty and dirty looking. They always have a "B" or "C" rating from the health dept. There's one in Burbank that's alright but that's probably ten miles away. Where I used to live there's still a Foster's Freeze. They're about the same as DQ. They used to have a few Tastee Freeze's around here too but the only one I know about now is probably 30 miles south of here in Norwalk.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    I don't know what BK does there, but here some of their locations are in leased buildings, with a requirement to remodel every so many years. Maybe it's a corporate thing, I dunno. Any other franchise owns the building and land, and will remodel or tear down and rebuild on the same lot. We're on our third McD's on the same lot, second Taco Bell across from it. I know of three local BK's that have closed up, leaving empty buildings.

There's one Hardee's near me, and I know there's a couple on the turnpike. Rally's went in not far from Hardee's and I would much rather go to Rally's.

I remember reading that Tim's liked it's US stores to be within "driving distance" of Canada. We don't have any here but there's one in Toledo...I think the drive from here to Niagara is about the same as the drive from south Toledo 'burbs to Windsor. Think I've been to Tim's once, in Montreal.
    When I say there's a Tim's here on virtually every major corner, I shit you not. You literally cannot go in a 5 mile radius without running into one. The greater township I live in has at least 5 stores to handle a population of 57,000 or so. That doesn't count the ones just beyond the borders, and there is at least one in every municipality here, if not more. I can't think of more than 5 Duncan Donuts locations for the entire area...

They almost partnered with Wendy's to open a mega store in an abandoned K-mart, but that went tits' up. There are no duel store Tim Hortons here I think...

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-05-2021 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Spoken like a true hardcore fascist, educated in BCE occupied Florida. You don't understand that mandated purchase of something from private corporations is the polar opposite of "communism".
    dodge, allow me to over simplify for the many, many simps.

"The oppression of finance capital keeps growing. Giant monopolies controlling the bulk of social production dominate the life of the nation. A handful of millionaires and multi-millionaires wield arbitrary power over the entire wealth of the capitalist world and make the life of entire nations mere small change in their selfish deals. The financial oligarchy is getting fabulously rich."

now we all know where ows and so many simps here stand. so what private company mandates my purchases of Chinese food?

p f changs?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

I was wrong, there's at least 8 if you count the ones inside other stores. They do share space with "Cold Stone Creamery" ice cream stores here as well...

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-05-2021 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Asscrackasmr will never have any understanding of political ideologies other than what his corporate talk show masters tell him. Oh, and his lame-ass Google searches.
    kristy, do you understand show your tits? really how truly retarded are you? just show us your tits....................

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmar View Post
    dodge, allow me to over simplify for the many, many simps.

"The oppression of finance capital keeps growing. Giant monopolies controlling the bulk of social production dominate the life of the nation. A handful of millionaires and multi-millionaires wield arbitrary power over the entire wealth of the capitalist world and make the life of entire nations mere small change in their selfish deals. The financial oligarchy is getting fabulously rich."

now we all know where ows and so many simps here stand. so what private company mandates my purchases of Chinese food?

p f changs?
    Hopefully not Panda Express. That shit is awful

9. 2 users say thank you to FORD for this KICKASS post:

jacksmar (08-26-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (08-26-2014)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I was wrong, there's at least 8 if you count the ones inside other stores. They do share space with "Cold Stone Creamery" ice cream stores here as well...
    That partnership was probably a pre-emptive strike against Dunkin Donuts teaming up with Baskin Robbins, believing that they would co-locate themselves. Of course that's before that combined company was bought up by a joint partnership of Bain Capital & the Carlyle Group.

Oddly enough, the new Baskin Robbins signs don't spell out the full name, they just use the initials "BR". Maybe they changed the name to "Bush Romney" ice cream to reflect the new ownership, and just went with the initials. I still say Poppy only did this deal so he could import his product from Colombia disguised as powdered sugar.

There is a Coldstone on the east side of town locally, but they don't sell any Tim Horton's stuff there. Still have to drive north of the border to see a Tim Horton's around here. As far as Burger King goes, I think there are still two open here in town. As opposed to 5 or so a few years ago. The one that's closer to my house never seems to have any business. I haven't eaten there in years myself (pretty much gave up on fast food with the exception of Subway and Chipotle, the somewhat "healthier" options.)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    I actually prefer McD's coffee over Tim's...

The donuts WERE good, when they made them fresh in store.
    McD`s coffees are the best hot or iced...Tim`s coffees don`t come close and I don`t get why people are lining up for them.

12. Thanked So this is love for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-26-2014)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Baskin Robbins has the best peanut butter and chocolate ice cream on the planet. The peanut butter isn't this smooth creamy shit like you get in ice cream at the Walmart. Nah, it's hard chunks of peanut butter. There may very well be CIA smuggled cocaine in it because it's addictive.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by So this is love View Post
    McD`s coffees are the best hot or iced...Tim`s coffees don`t come close and I don`t get why people are lining up for them.
    I am not a particular fan of Tim's coffee, but I wouldn't trust anyone's judgement claiming McDonald's was the coffee of choice

The appeal of Timmy's is that you can go there and spend a reasonable amount of cash and get quality pretty healthy options...

There isn't a focus on supersizing or having a 2 gallon coke with every meal or the ever popular : 'Ya'll want cheese on that?" which is more of a rhetorical question in the US lol.

This news has me worried except for the fact these guys directing the move want to continue making money. If the supply chain from Burger King infects Tim's it will all turn into garbage.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

I'm late to the party here, but who can blame them? If I had a legal way of keeping more of my cash I would too.. I'm sure we all would. What's the big deal? They're not the first to do it.

16. Thanked VAiN for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (08-28-2014)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    I'm late to the party here, but who can blame them? If I had a legal way of keeping more of my cash I would too.. I'm sure we all would. What's the big deal? They're not the first to do it.
    If the CEO and every everybody else that gets a piece of the profit of BK wants to move to Canada no problem but the money made here off something made here hopefully by legally employed workers should be taxed here. Why not buy an Island that's not within anybody's territorial waters and name it Burger King Island, build one Burger King and claim that's home? Then they wouldn't have to pay anybody taxes.
    I totally get what you're saying but that still doesn't make it right. That's alot of US dollars out of Uncle Sam's pocket.
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 08-26-2014 at 07:28 PM.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    If the CEO and every everybody else that get's a piece of the profit of BK wants to move to Canada no problem but the money made here off something made here hopefully by legally employed workers should be taxed here. Why not buy an Island that's not within anybody's territorial waters and name it Burger King Island, build one Burger King and claim that's home? Then they wouldn't have to pay anybody taxes.
    burger king island would be cool

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    The big deal is that this country is literally falling apart. Every road. Every bridge. Every power plant and the entire power grid. And why isn't it being replaced, or at least repaired?

Because corporations and the rich are not paying their fucking taxes, and haven't paid them in 33 years. And while they are dodging their own taxes, they are outsourcing all the (formerly) middle class jobs to third world cheap labor shitholes. So the rapidly shrinking middle class isn't large enough to carry the tax burden of the rich & corporate tax dodgers.

And the people working at Burger King. Or Wal Mart. Or Walgreens (since they recently tried to pull a similar scam) don't make enough money to carry the tax burden of the greedy rich fucks.

So should they be allowed to openly commit economic treason? FUCK NO.

20. 3 users say thank you to FORD for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (08-27-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (08-26-2014),Romeo Delight (08-26-2014)

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

The big deal is that this country is literally falling apart. Every road. Every bridge. Every power plant and the entire power grid. And why isn't it being replaced, or at least repaired?

Because corporations and the rich are not paying their fucking taxes, and haven't paid them in 33 years. And while they are dodging their own taxes, they are outsourcing all the (formerly) middle class jobs to third world cheap labor shitholes. So the rapidly shrinking middle class isn't large enough to carry the tax burden of the rich & corporate tax dodgers.

And the people working at Burger King. Or Wal Mart. Or Walgreens (since they recently tried to pull a similar scam) don't make enough money to carry the tax burden of the greedy rich fucks.

I'm not disagreeing - I'm just saying it's legal - who can fault them. I hope to one day have to hide my wealth..

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It hurts me to say this. You're right. They should raise taxes on the rich and make anybody who makes over a certain amount do community service once in a while to keep them from being such assholes.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If there's only going to be one restaurant I'd pick something with a little more variety. Free Hometown Buffet Island.
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 08-26-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If the CEO and every everybody else that gets a piece of the profit of BK wants to move to Canada no problem but the money made here off something made here hopefully by legally employed workers should be taxed here. Why not buy an Island that's not within anybody's territorial waters and name it Burger King Island, build one Burger King and claim that's home? Then they wouldn't have to pay anybody taxes.
    I totally get what you're saying but that still doesn't make it right. That's alot of US dollars out of Uncle Sam's pocket.
    Exactly. There shouldn't be any such thing as a "multinational corporation". If a corporation wants to sell their products in another country, they can form a separate corporation in that country and do business there. If Burger King wants to sell burgers in Canada, OK. As long as they have a separate Canadian corporation to do it. If Tim Horton's wants to peddle coffee and donuts in the US, same thing. I'd love to see them put Dunkin Donuts out of business. But enough already with the consolidation, the tax-dodging, and the global predatory capitalist bullshit.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    How 'bout you stop complaining and just refrain from eating their garbage ??

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    What for ??

There's no jobs to drive to...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

How do Canadian personal income tax rates compare to US rates for high income taxpayers? Higher, Lower?

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

How do Canadian personal income tax rates compare to US rates for high income taxpayers? Higher, Lower?
    I believe our rates are higher, but I'm not certain. I wonder if our corporate rates will increase once we have a new government? The possibility certainly exists under the liberals or new dem's.

Of course, once you factor in our "free" health care, the higher tax rates may be less than your taxes and insurance premiums combined...

29. Thanked Angel for this KICKASS post:

FORD (08-26-2014)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Exactly. There shouldn't be any such thing as a "multinational corporation". If a corporation wants to sell their products in another country, they can form a separate corporation in that country and do business there. If Burger King wants to sell burgers in Canada, OK. As long as they have a separate Canadian corporation to do it. If Tim Horton's wants to peddle coffee and donuts in the US, same thing. I'd love to see them put Dunkin Donuts out of business. But enough already with the consolidation, the tax-dodging, and the global predatory capitalist bullshit.
    It's a global economy now...

Get used to it...

The window of opportunity to reel in the global bullshit left with Ross Perot...

Nobody listened...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    I believe our rates are higher, but I'm not certain. I wonder if our corporate rates will increase once we have a new government? The possibility certainly exists under the liberals or new dem's.

Of course, once you factor in our "free" health care, the higher tax rates may be less than your taxes and insurance premiums combined...
    I was asking about the tax rates for higher income taxpayers. By higher income I mean people who make so much money the cost of health care is chump change to them.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KJyxA6K...r44OoQFPoV0jE-

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I was asking about the tax rates for higher income taxpayers. By higher income I mean people who make so much money the cost of health care is chump change to them.
    Chump change is what you buy your overpriced beer with...

High income doesn't apply to you...

Next question...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    It's a global economy now...

Get used to it...

The window of opportunity to reel in the global bullshit left with Ross Perot...

Nobody listened...
    Well, if that's the case, then how about a global IRS to tax these treasonous fucks?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Chump change is what you buy your overpriced beer with...

High income doesn't apply to you...

Next question...
    C-dog doesn't buy overpriced beer. You must have missed his thread about Big Lots vodka.

Overpriced beer is my department. I'm drinking one right now

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Well, if that's the case, then how about a global IRS to tax these treasonous fucks?
    I'm sure that's coming...

Along with the global carbon tax...

Fuck this bullshit !!

Wake up, people !!!!!!!!!!!!

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

C-dog doesn't buy overpriced beer. You must have missed his thread about Big Lots vodka.
    Big Lots accepts food stamps now?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Overpriced beer is my department. I'm drinking one right now
    I don't know why...

Hey, have you tried a 'Legal' yet ??

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    I have no idea, but where can you buy vodka with food stamps? Technically, it's a vegetable product, so you should be able to, I guess.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

If there's a way, couchfucker will find it.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Damn straight I don't. I remember seeing cheap wine at Big Lots but no hard liquor. I might have said you might as well buy vodka from Big Lots because it all tastes sort of like rubbing alcohol to me. I can handle it with a little OJ but it's not my favorite booze.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know why...

Hey, have you tried a 'Legal' yet ??
    Is that a brand of beer, or are you asking if I have purchased any newly legal herbal products?

The answer to both is no.... so far, there's only one legal weed shop in town and it's way the Hell on the east end of town, and I don't get out there all that often. Not to mention that it's not actually open very often, due to the short supply. Goddamn, they fucked this rollout up, compared to Colorado.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    C'mon dude, get with the times...

Legal!!!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    Couldn't tell ya. Don't shop there. Don't get food stamps. They don't give out food stamps in California anymore. They give out debit cards. I don't qualify for them. I have a job. Put ya on ignore dipshit. Bye.
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 08-26-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Too bad...

Maybe you should fall for the bullshit and quit...

Thread Information