Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

Think I may have been wrong about this Kristy character. Definitely funny sometimes.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Guitar Shark for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (08-27-2014)

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    Think I may have been wrong about this Kristy character. Definitely funny sometimes.
    fo sho
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Kristy's a fun gal. Just misunderstood, Unlike Elvus, who is perfectly understood by all.

5. 5 users say thank you to lesfunk for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-27-2014),Guitar Shark (08-27-2014),Nickdfresh (08-28-2014),vandeleur (08-28-2014),Von Halen (08-27-2014)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

I love Kristy, she's intelligent and funny. Unlike Elvis, who is...well...neither.

7. Thanked Angel for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (08-27-2014)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Obviously the whole premise is insane to anyone who isn't from the US but ignoring all that, the bottom line is that the parents put the kid in a situation where they could be killed for no good reason. The fact in this situation the incompetent instructor got killed but the kid could have killed herself just as easily and for what?

9. 3 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-27-2014),DLR Bridge (08-27-2014),Nickdfresh (08-28-2014)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Obviously the whole premise is insane to anyone who isn't from the US but ignoring all that, the bottom line is that the parents put the kid in a situation where they could be killed for no good reason. The fact in this situation the incompetent instructor got killed but the kid could have killed herself just as easily and for what?
    Insane but believable. I knew they had places where you could fire automatic weapons here but I assumed you had to be an adult or close to it to do it.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,285 Times in 4,714 Posts

This shouldn't really come as a surprise to anybody, but it would appear that the dead gun "instructor" was a full blown teabagging nutjob......

http://www.balloon-juice.com/2014/08/26/bitter-irony/

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2017 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    The parents force it upon their children, same as a 9 year old girl protesting at Occupy Wall Street, or a KKK rally, or supporting Cliven Bundy. This was a freak accident. Never heard of this happening before. I was shooting guns at 9 years old, used an Uzi probably at 11. I'm not the exception, there were millions of kids.

Are you kidding me? People force gun machismo on chicks all the times...here are the results(turn off the music):

I would not want to be anywhere near them. Nothing about the Chicks...just the bullshit they get fed by dumbshit pussy men. I grew up with guns also...no way in hell I would let little bodies be anywhere near handling them or the recoil without extreme safety.
    Last edited by SunisinuS; 08-28-2014 at 12:30 AM.

13. 2 users say thank you to SunisinuS for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (08-28-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (08-28-2014)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    This shouldn't really come as a surprise to anybody, but it would appear that the dead gun "instructor" was a full blown teabagging nutjob......
    What was your first clue? I'm sure you could probably find one or two "tea Baggers" who think it's ridiculous to give a 9 year old an Uzi too. You could probably find one or two members of the NRA that would say the same thing.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    What was your first clue? I'm sure you could probably find one or two "tea Baggers" who think it's ridiculous to give a 9 year old an Uzi too. You could probably find one or two members of the NRA that would say the same thing.
    I was actually surprised at the number of gun nut right wingers on another board who thought it was incredibly stupid to put an UZI into the hands of a skinny little kid who probably weighs 75 pounds soaking wet after Thanksgiving dinner.

Problem is, while they admit the stupidity of it, they would scream bloody murder if any attempts were made to close gun show loopholes, or shut down idiot gun ranges like this one which act so irresponsibly.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

I was actually surprised at the number of gun nut right wingers on another board who thought it was incredibly stupid to put an UZI into the hands of a skinny little kid who probably weighs 75 pounds soaking wet after Thanksgiving dinner.

Problem is, while they admit the stupidity of it, they would scream bloody murder if any attempts were made to close gun show loopholes, or shut down idiot gun ranges like this one which act so irresponsibly.
    "Gun show loopholes"

I'm assuming you're saying that in my state, any idiot can roll up in a gun show and buy a pistol. Correct? Because that's not the case. Not by a long shot.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm saying that idiots who put automatic assault rifles into the hands of children shouldn't be allowed to own so much as a goddamned paint ball gun.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

As much as it pains me to say, your next school massacre will be soon. Statistically, you're overdue.

While the gun culture exists, and I'm not about to criticise from my comfy chair half a world away, ain't nothin gonna change.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,509 Times in 1,989 Posts

Both of my boys have been shooting since they were young. Started with BB guns, and worked their way up from there. My youngest shot a 12 gauge last year for the first time, at 14. He has yet to shoot a 30.06, although I know he could handle it. They both spent a lot of time shooting small caliber stuff, before ever even thinking about larger caliber.

To be honest, the weapon I'm more afraid of putting in my teenager's hands, is a car. I grew up in a rural area where not paying attention, or a mistake, put you in a wheat field. In the Detroit area, one little mistake in a car can get you killed in an instant. These motherfuckers drive like they're the only ones that have to be somewhere. We had 951 fatalities in 2013, and 2014 is shaping up to be even more.

20. 2 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (08-28-2014),DLR Bridge (08-28-2014)

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Yes, I had my first repeating rifle at that age. And a big old bolt action .303.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My daughter is 14. My stepdad and I have been working with her at his house, getting her used to shooting my short barreled 12 gauge. Now, I know that home invasions don't really happen in most of the world, but they do happen in my state for some reason. So she needs to be able to pick that sucker up and point it at the front door just in case somebody decides they want in while I've took off to the lawn mower shop or the gas station or whatever. Of course, she could just fight off an attacker with her little fists and her cell phone. But that doesn't usually work out so great in the real world.

She wants to learn to shoot my pistols too. So, next spring I'm gonna enroll us both in a firearm safety/beginner gun owner class at the local shooting range. And no, I wouldn't allow her to grab a full auto anything and start spraying down the range.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-27-2024 @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    I'm saying that idiots who put automatic assault rifles into the hands of children shouldn't be allowed to own so much as a goddamned paint ball gun.
    An Uzi is a sub machine gun. Not an assault rifle. I've shot Uzis. The grip is in the middle of the weapon and they have a tendency to climb due to the grip placement. They designed the grip that way so the weapon can be loaded in the dark because the magazine loads into the bottom of the handle and you can put two hands together in the dark. They sacrificed controlabilty for easy quick reloads in all light conditions.

I've been a range instructor. You never have young kids start off shooting anything but small caliber long-arms. In fact, I won't even give a kid a full magazine. They have to load single shots only.

You don't give kids handguns to shoot and you certainly don't give them a heavy Uzi that climbs on recoil. One thing I see more and more of is a lack of respect for weapons. You have the people who want to get rid of them and then you have this counter rebellion. You see people like Sarah Palin and Ted Nugent acting like idiots with guns. Like they are some kind of toy.

Well they aren't toys. You don't treat them like toys and you don't act like an idiot with them. There are a few simple safety rules and if followed there never will be an accident. The instructor should have known better. You don't give a young kids like that anything but a 22 rifle and before you do that, you have a safety orientation and some instruction on how to shoot the weapon properly. Young kids never should be given hand guns or machine pistols like an UZI to fire.

The idiot got himself killed for being an idiot and now that girl has to live with killing him for the rest of her life.

24. 2 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (08-28-2014),VetteLS5 (08-28-2014)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I like guns. I've got two right here in my home office, just in case the boogey man decides he wants one of my TVs or some of that shitty tater tot casserole in my fridge.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Why are you surprised? Most gun owners understand common sense gun safety. Where I grew up we actually had hunter safety as part of the school health class. They had a guy from the fish and game department come in for a week and drill us on gun safety. Sounds strange but in an area of the country where a lot of people have guns and hunt, it saves lives.

I took a NRA range instructor class so I could be a range instructor up at a Boy Scout camp. They just didn't put anyone on the range. You have to take an NRA class and be certified.

I haven't taken any NRA courses since the 1980's. Back then their instruction was top notch. I don't know what it is now. But part of the course was if a person's hand wasn't large enough to properly hold a handgun they were too small to fire one and the short barrel and mobility provided some range safety concerns. Handguns were considered an adult weapon to be used by someone with a fair amount of firearms experience.

Why the pro gun movement is give no quarter is because it distrusts the other side. So when both sides distrust each other you can't make any political compromises and the NRA is taking a give no quarter stance. That being said, their firearm safety and firearm instruction classes used to be top notch. So you end up with a political organization that supports Sarah Palin who has been taped on a range swinging the barrel of a loaded shotgun around like she's a monkey but would flunk her in a gun safety class.

So you have the political (we don't trust anybody and we want it all) side and then you have the safety side.

The thing is. It is about having it all.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-28-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I like guns. I've got two right here in my home office, just in case the boogey man decides he wants one of my TVs or some of that shitty tater tot casserole in my fridge.
    Man up ya puff , leave brown ale in your fridge , bogey men go in there see the bottles of dog and run a mile

28. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (08-28-2014)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The reason there won't be any sensible gun reforms in this country is because the extreme left wants to take them all away and the extreme right thinks everything is an "infringement" upon the people's right to bear arms. So what do they do? They scream at each other on TV and the left leaning citizens lean more to the left and the right keeps on leaning the other way. Yippee.

I always take issue with Ford's "gun show loophole" rant because, at least in this state, it's illegal to sell a handgun to anyone without a permit or a Concealed Carry License. It's illegal. Period. Does it still happen? Sure as hell does. But that's not a loophole, that's a crime. Now, if other states allow any idiot to buy a handgun at a gun show with no FBI background check and no permit, then yeah, that needs to be fixed, yesterday.

I don't have a problem with background checks or waiting periods. I also think every person who purchases a gun should have to take a firearms safety/handling course, at their own expense. Why? Because most of the idiots running out to buy an AR because they don't want the gubment to dicker derr (that's South Park for take our guns) don't have any idea how to even charge the weapon, much less handle it safely. And I don't wanna hear shit about how paying for a basic safety/handling class is an infringement. Most pistols cost around 5 or 600 bucks and if you can afford that then you damn well can afford a 100 buck certification class.

Ah, I gave up on trying to change anybody's mind a while back. I buy what I want to, I shoot it when I want to, and I carry it where I want to.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Man up ya puff , leave brown ale in your fridge , bogey men go in there see the bottles of dog and run a mile
    Look, I already have a problem with somebody breaking in here and drinking most of my beers at nite. It's the damnedest thing too. I'll lock up the house, have a couple beers, go to bed, wake up the next day and there's most of my beers - empty and in the trash can! Now, the house is locked up, so I'm thinking it's an inside job...

31. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

vandeleur (08-28-2014)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Look, I already have a problem with somebody breaking in here and drinking most of my beers at nite. It's the damnedest thing too. I'll lock up the house, have a couple beers, go to bed, wake up the next day and there's most of my beers - empty and in the trash can! Now, the house is locked up, so I'm thinking it's an inside job...
    Mate the same happened to me , it's strange . The same bloke shit in my pants last time I fell asleep on the stairs

33. 4 users say thank you to vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (08-28-2014),PETE'S BROTHER (08-28-2014),VetteLS5 (08-28-2014),Von Halen (08-28-2014)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    Mate the same happened to me , it's strange . The same bloke shit in my pants last time I fell asleep on the stairs
    No kidding?? Cause the sumbitch that breaks in here, he pissed all over me a couple years back!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    "Gun show loopholes"

I'm assuming you're saying that in my state, any idiot can roll up in a gun show and buy a pistol. Correct? Because that's not the case. Not by a long shot.
    I just went to a gun show and it was no different than going to a gun store. If you bought a firearm you had to fill out the ATF form and they called the FBI for the check. Just like in the store. Sure you still can buy a gun from an owner with no trail or paperwork. That has nothing to do with gun shows. I still see the occasional ad in the paper with someone selling a gun. People are doing that less because if the serial number is registered to you, you are liable.

The best thing about the gun show was some family were there selling carmel apples. I haven't had one in ages and they made their own carmel from scratch. Very good!
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-28-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No kidding?? Cause the sumbitch that breaks in here, he pissed all over me a couple years back!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post

The best thing about the gun show was some family were there selling carmel apples. I haven't had one in ages and they made their own carmel from scratch. Very good!
    Did you have to have a permit to buy this so called "caramel apple"? Did you have a waiting period before you could eat it? Cause if you were really pissed off you could stick that in some womarn's hair do and really do some major damage. And down here, that will get you shot.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    Ok, poor INSTRUCTING by the INSTRUCTOR. We get it. It's still a stupid fucking idea in the first place. Absolutely no friggin' reason why they can't put blanks in the gun. Would that deprive the poor 9 year old girl of the feel of a true UZI shooting spree? Well worth taking into consideration before the next time.
    Actually blanks are dangerous at close range. If you are doing the cowboy shoot out thing for the tourists you want to make your your muzzle isn't pointing at anyone.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Did you have to have a permit to buy this so called "caramel apple"? Did you have a waiting period before you could eat it? Cause if you were really pissed off you could stick that in some womarn's hair do and really do some major damage. And down here, that will get you shot.
    They should have required a permit because the things were too damn good. They bought the best apples and made their own caramel. They sold homemade fudge as well and I brought some home. If I gain weight I'm suing their ass. It's all their fault.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually blanks are dangerous at close range. If you are doing the cowboy shoot out thing for the tourists you want to make your your muzzle isn't pointing at anyone.
    We have a place kinda near here, up in the mountains, called Tweetsie Railroad. It's a small amusement park, has an actual old timey cowboy era working coal fired train. And when you go on the train ride, at about the middle of it, there's a shootout with some bad cowboy bank robbers. Lots of fun for the kids to see and the blanks are loud as hell. And all the kids want to see the guns the good cowboys used on the robbers at the end of the train ride.

Of course, it used to be cowboys versus injuns, but that was politically incorrect and they had to change it so as not to piss off the sissies. Never mind the fact that they used to have real indians playing the "bad" injuns. And they didn't have one bit of a problem playing a make believe role.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You should see my insurance agent's office. It's like he's Teddy Roosevelt or something. He's got taxidermed everything hanging on his walls. He's got a case full of expensive shotguns and rifles. I'm sure if I go in there with a claim he will shoot my ass.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They should have required a permit because the things were too damn good. They bought the best apples and made their own caramel. They sold homemade fudge as well and I brought some home. If I gain weight I'm suing their ass. It's all their fault.
    You should. I'd probably go ahead and put a lawyer on retainer now, so you can get the ball rolling as soon as your gun belt is a tad too tight.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You should see my insurance agent's office. It's like he Teddy Roosevelt or something. He's got taxidermed everything hanging on his walls. He's got a case full of expensive shotguns and rifles. I'm sure if I go in there with a claim he will shoot my ass.
    No shit? Mine's the same way! He's got a big ass bear skin hanging on the wall. A gun case with rifles too.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh having my gun belt not fit would be devastating. It's custom horsehide with and expensive Montana Silversmiths belt buckle on it. It's the Rolex of gun belts.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That's what Ford and Nick would tell you to do!

46. 2 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (08-28-2014),lesfunk (08-28-2014)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh having my gun belt not fit would be devastating. It's custom horsehide with and expensive Montana Silversmiths belt buckle on it. It's the Rolex of gun belts.
    Oohh...you need a buckle from this dude in Texas. He's the guy who made JR Ewing's strap for his rollie. The guy is still in bidness and makes bad ass buckles too.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oohh...you need a buckle from this dude in Texas. He's the guy who made JR Ewing's strap for his rollie. The guy is still in bidness and makes bad ass buckles too.
    You are a fucking goat roper.

Or maybe you're a goat fucking roper.

49. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (08-28-2014)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    We have a place kinda near here, up in the mountains, called Tweetsie Railroad. It's a small amusement park, has an actual old timey cowboy era working coal fired train. And when you go on the train ride, at about the middle of it, there's a shootout with some bad cowboy bank robbers. Lots of fun for the kids to see and the blanks are loud as hell. And all the kids want to see the guns the good cowboys used on the robbers at the end of the train ride.

Of course, it used to be cowboys versus injuns, but that was politically incorrect and they had to change it so as not to piss off the sissies. Never mind the fact that they used to have real indians playing the "bad" injuns. And they didn't have one bit of a problem playing a make believe role.
    I got a set of peacemakers in 45 Long Colt and holsters and a belt. Every now and then I get asked to do the cowboy show. I load up my own blanks with black powder (got to have some smoke) and we usually set up kind of a saloon setting. I double blast the pistols with one in each hand and blow the cards off the poker table for visual effect. I don't wear any hearing protection and my ears ring pretty good after emptying all ten cylinders. Ten because I keep one chamber empty to carry on. It's fun. I always love doing those fake cowboy fights. You have to have the guy with the double barrel shotgun too. That's loud as hell and makes lot's of smoke. I wish we had some of those sugar glass bottles they use in the movies. It would be fun to break some bottles too.

It's like pro wrestling. You got to talk some dirt before the fight breaks out and then someone fires and all hell breaks loose!
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-28-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Quote King™
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-08-2020 @ 05:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks

WARF went that far for a beer?

52. 3 users say thank you to VetteLS5 for this KICKASS post:

Angel (08-28-2014),DONNIEP (08-28-2014),Nitro Express (08-28-2014)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VetteLS5 View Post
    WARF went that far for a beer?
    You wouldn't believe the lengths he'll go to...

Thread Information