X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Picked this up the other day. It's okay I guess, not an immediate like so far. Kind of like being underwhelmed by Whiplash Smile after Rebel Yell. Might take some time to grow on me. I liked Devil's Playground right from the beginning.

Postcards From The Past is close to vintage Idol. Reminds me of Rebel Yell. The title track is Idol's "Damn Good." Kind of corny dropping your own song titles into a song though. Whiskey and Pills is good too.

Trevor Horn produced and brought Geoff Downes in to play keys. Another 80's flashback. More like "what for?" At least there are no Art Of Noise samples on this.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      Picked this up the other day. It's okay I guess, not an immediate like so far. Kind of like being underwhelmed by Whiplash Smile after Rebel Yell. Might take some time to grow on me. I liked Devil's Playground right from the beginning.

Postcards From The Past is close to vintage Idol. Reminds me of Rebel Yell. The title track is Idol's "Damn Good." Kind of corny dropping your own song titles into a song though. Whiskey and Pills is good too.

Trevor Horn produced and brought Geoff Downes in to play keys. Another 80's flashback. More like "what for?" At least there are no Art Of Noise samples on this.
      I thought the exact same thing when I first listened to this. Reminds me also of the first time I heard Whiplash Smile, expecting it to sound like Rebel Yell. I expected something similar to Devil's Playground, and it's not very similar. And, like WS, with repeated listens it is growing on me. I like Can't Break Me Down very much. This whole album is quite 80s sounding.
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Working...