X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by BenJammin
    I think Dave is just too damn intellectual and energetic to sustain any long term relationship.
    He's too damn intellectual to take a chance on letting some gold digger take half his money is what I think. If he acts the same way on a date that he did in some of his televised interviews years ago the only ladies that would go out with him more that once or twice would probably be gold diggers. I imagine he's a totally different person when he's not in Diamond Dave mode though.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Too intellectual, yet worried about gold diggers... That sounds really smart.

He's 60... great recipe to die lonely & alone. He can't take his gold records, bank accounts and big house with him...

Who get's what's left??
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        Even intellectuals think with the wrong head sometimes.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Heater
          Foot Soldier
          • Nov 2010

Dave's ego was probably too much for any potential mate to endure, much too much about himself to care for/about someone else. In his "off" time he was likely working on his schtick, practicing his ad libs and posing in front of one of his mirrors. Do that for too long and the real you withers away. It's about him, he wanted back in VH so he could be onstage in front of more than 32 people at a time. His EEAS era stage behavior wasnt much different from Cherone's and fast forward to today and we see a fey Dapper Dan.

Now he's desperately holding onto past glory with his ridiculous tattooing, "D-Ro speedos" references, and comical daily clothing choices in bids for attention from a waning audience. His mantra has always been "Tonight is about ME", its always about him. That surely keeps the boys.....or girls, but more likely the boys away.

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Heater
            Dave's ego was probably too much for any potential mate to endure, much too much about himself to care for/about someone else. In his "off" time he was likely working on his schtick, practicing his ad libs and posing in front of one of his mirrors. Do that for too long and the real you withers away. It's about him, he wanted back in VH so he could be onstage in front of more than 32 people at a time. His EEAS era stage behavior wasnt much different from Cherone's and fast forward to today and we see a fey Dapper Dan.
            I'm not going to make any personal attacks because you're voicing your opinion but if you feel that way why do you post here? I agree with some of your observations but you sound like you hate the guy.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nigel
              Roadie
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

But he hasn't seemed to find a life-mate in his own gender either. So, I'm sorting of calling bullshit on the full on gay stuff. But it seems that Dave is incapable or a serious long term relationship regardless of gender....
              I'm going with this version of events and it's probably accurate. If I had known then, what I know now, who needs to get married?

Ok Mr. Trebek, I'll take World Tours for $1,000 please. . .

Comment

• Edwards3rdWife
                Groupie
                • May 2013

In CFTH, David wrote that when he was 6 or 7 years old, he decided he didn't need anyone. He "kicked" everyone out of his life. Perhaps that's when the channel started opening up.
                I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I have no faults - DLR

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I'm not going to make any personal attacks because you're voicing your opinion but if you feel that way why do you post here? I agree with some of your observations but you sound like you hate the guy.
                  Looks like a troll pissing on a holy relic hoping to get the keepers of the temple angry. Pissing people off is great entertainment value.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

He's 60... great recipe to die lonely & alone. He can't take his gold records, bank accounts and big house with him...

Who get's what's left??
                    California probate. Ah if Dave got married it probably would end up in divorce anyways. I think Dave is smart enough to know that. He did say he takes commitments seriously and wasn't about to bring a wife and kids into his life because he was too fucked up to live up to that. Hey if he's happy being weird so be it. I mean this is the guy I saw walk out on stage in chaps and his bare ass hanging out. We ain't exactly talking normal here. Dave is a bit of a crackpot.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BenJammin
                      I think Dave is just too damn intellectual and energetic to sustain any long term relationship. Imagine being Dave and having to dumb yourself down to the daily conversations and ruts of just one person ? He is probably self-aware of this dilemma and doesn't want to shortchange anyone on a relationship that would only be for his convenience. He knows he can always get a fast 'Happy Meal' anywhere ( regardless whether it's a boys or girls toy inside).

Otherwise he would be a Gene Simmons-like douche that perennially demeans Shannon Tweed. What is wrong with that chick anyway ? Gene is an egotistical oaf whose infamy has far outplayed his actual talent and judging from one leaked sex tape, his tongue is the biggest part of his allure.
                      Relationships are strange. Sometimes the marriages you think are going to turn out to be disaster turn out to be great long-term marriages and the ones you think are going to work go down in more dysfunction and flames than you can imagine.

It's chemistry between two people and it's hard for someone looking in from the peanut gallery to totally get or figure out.

Comment

• Edwards3rdWife
                        Groupie
                        • May 2013

Originally posted by Heater
                        . That surely keeps the boys.....or girls, but more likely the boys away.

The boys can stay away if they want, but us girls are stayin'
                        I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I have no faults - DLR

Comment

Working...