X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Wolf
    Full On Cocktard
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    I now feel just how my Dad probably felt when albums went the way of the tape, then CD. I love the CD format for purchase and I miss 'the hunt' at new and used CD stores. Getting them on line just ain't the same, but better than nothing. I just hate where technology is going with official product. You have to have full trust in your computer and your own computing skills (of which I have next to none) to manage your collection. Yuck! I want my shit stacked on a shelf where I can sees it, dang it! I'll take an IPod over a discman any day, but beyond that, gimme a stereo with a CD player.
    EXACTLY! You hit the nail right on the head. I couldn't have put it better myself!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
      Rock is only dead from a business perspective, musically it still exists. Of course parasites like Gene sucked as much money as they could out of it and left that business for dead. So now everyone is back to the old routine of looking for great bands your damn self as opposed to relying on big name media outlets to do the looking for them. And frankly that's the way it should be. Last thing I want is some big-wig asshat telling me what's the next big thing in rock n' roll.
      I think a better way to put it is the big rockstar is dead. What were all those kids on the Sunset Strip trying to get in the 1980's? A record deal. That was the dream. Gone are the days when bands could put out albums and sell millions of them and whoever in the band had the publishing rights made even more. Now money has to be earned the hard way. On the road.

That doesn't mean an artist can't go out on the road themselves and make some good money. They won't have a record company taking it's cut but they also won't have the marketing and promotion that provided. There won't be the big stage show. Things will be slimmed down. But maybe all that got a bit silly anyways. Who knows.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
        Rock is only dead from a business perspective, musically it still exists. Of course parasites like Gene sucked as much money as they could out of it and left that business for dead. So now everyone is back to the old routine of looking for great bands your damn self as opposed to relying on big name media outlets to do the looking for them. And frankly that's the way it should be. Last thing I want is some big-wig asshat telling me what's the next big thing in rock n' roll.
        This is true.

It seems that if you want to make money as a 'pop star' now, you have to have your own perfume and a range of endorsements. Record sales bring in shit.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Oh FFS, which Simmons is a bigger whoremongering fucking queen? Gene or Richard?
          That's Elvis
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            Gene's right about one thing: The first time you get onstage and play for money, you've sold out. And there's no shame in that. How many musicians really want to be poor as shit and never get their music heard? Ok, there's that wino that hangs out at the post office playing harmonica, but other than him - None.

Oh your poor, poor Walmart degenerative consumer. You have no clue. "Selling Out" is when the corporate label you just signed to takes 98% of your revenue and also owns your merchandising and music publishing rights. "Selling Out" is when a metrosexual in leather pants comes backstage to one of your gigs and says touring is expensive but if your place these corporate banners (usually beer) they will help to pay for some of the expense(s). "Selling Out" is playing for mega-corporate sponsored shill events like 'Burning Man' and 'Coachella' and then going on Letterman. "Selling Out" is suffering for your art by taking it up the ass by greedy execs in suits, only back in the F A T Jew's day there were far more opportunities.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

And, of course, 'Mr. Fucking Know-It-All Can Never Shut The Fuck Up' only helps the system. Fuck him and his warped attitude.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                Oh your poor, poor Walmart degenerative consumer. You have no clue. "Selling Out" is when the corporate label you just signed to takes 98% of your revenue and also owns your merchandising and music publishing rights. "Selling Out" is when a metrosexual in leather pants comes backstage to one of your gigs and says touring is expensive but if your place these corporate banners (usually beer) they will help to pay for some of the expense(s). "Selling Out" is playing for mega-corporate sponsored shill events like 'Burning Man' and 'Coachella' and then going on Letterman. "Selling Out" is suffering for your art by taking it up the ass by greedy execs in suits, only back in the F A T Jew's day there were far more opportunities.

Selling out still beats being a waitress at Denny's. As long as it buys you nicer shoes and handbags, who gives a fuck. Right?

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  Selling out still beats being a waitress at Denny's. As long as it buys you nicer shoes and handbags, who gives a fuck. Right?
                  I don't have a problem with professional musicians taking money to endorse products. If Van Halen decided to take money to give someone permission to use their music in their advertisements and commercials it wouldn't bother me a bit. Anybody who's in the music business is in it to make money.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I don't have a problem with professional musicians taking money to endorse products. If Van Halen decided to take money to give someone permission to use their music in their advertisements and commercials it wouldn't bother me a bit. Anybody who's in the music business is in it to make money.
                    It's called making a living. People bitch at you when you sell out and they laugh at you when you have no money. Then you sell out by doing a "Where are they now?" reality type drivel show because you need to eat.

Everyone sells out. Including the people on welfare. They sell their votes for a handout from the politicians. You can suck dick on the casting couch or be a welfare whore keeping corrupt politicians in office. It's all whoring it's just that some whores live better than others and that's all based on how replaceable you are.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Everyone sells out. Including the people on welfare. They sell their votes for a handout from the politicians. You can suck dick on the casting couch or be a welfare whore keeping corrupt politicians in office. It's all whoring it's just that some whores live better than others and that's all based on how replaceable you are.
                      I had a boss when I was telemarketing who wore a shirt that said We're All Prostitutes. After I found out the company was just a scam to rip off senior citizens I quit. He didn't have a problem with me quitting without notice because he knew I knew what was really going on. When I came back to get my paycheck the owners where sitting at his desk giving me the stink eye. I told him I knew why he wore that shit now and he just looked at me like a scalded dog. He didn't just sell out. He sold his soul to those people. No wonder he was an alcoholic.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                        That's Elvis
                        Holy fuck that's funny!
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Eat a dick, dickhead.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

I had a boss when I was telemarketing who wore a shirt that said We're All Prostitutes. After I found out the company was just a scam to rip off senior citizens I quit. He didn't have a problem with me quitting without notice because he knew I knew what was really going on. When I came back to get my paycheck the owners where sitting at his desk giving me the stink eye. I told him I knew why he wore that shit now and he just looked at me like a scalded dog. He didn't just sell out. He sold his soul to those people. No wonder he was an alcoholic.
                            Didn't have anything to do with the Zaken Corporation, did it?
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

There's always that invisible line between making money and giving the fans what they want vs. milking you fans for all their worth with coffins, condoms or whatever other types of expensive shite. Gene crossed that line and has flown past Saturn.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Let's also not forget the most important fact here! Gene is the same fucker who suggested that Van Halen look for another singer back in 1976. So fuck that puffy face ugly son of a bitch!

I'LL DRINK TO THAT!

Comment

Working...