Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

You can't have a band with one guy in it, and everybody else a bunch of scabs. Call it something else.... "Mick Jones & the Scabs" maybe? Hell, call it "Spooky Tooth", for all I care. It's as much that band as it is Foreigner, only nobody would care, because who the fuck remembers Spooky Tooth??
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    ... because who the fuck remembers Spooky Tooth??
    Better by You better than me.
    Also "Burn" is a top 3 Deep Purple album
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Technically, Cream was considered a "supergroup" at the time, but had anybody really heard of Ginger Baker or Jack Bruce before then? Or after they broke up, for that matter.
    Cream was called a "supergroup" because it had three hot shot musicians. It was more of a power trio. Led Zeppelin was composed of good musicians but they also lived life big and promoted an image of themselves. They pioneered what rock stars were supposed to be.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    I have become bored with you all.

5. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

lesfunk (09-15-2014)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I hear ya sister...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Sorry Kristy. I'm sorry I don't have a video of ISIS beheading Jimmy Page to share with you.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    You can't have a band with one guy in it, and everybody else a bunch of scabs. Call it something else.... "Mick Jones & the Scabs" maybe? Hell, call it "Spooky Tooth", for all I care. It's as much that band as it is Foreigner, only nobody would care, because who the fuck remembers Spooky Tooth??
    Sorry dude. Didn't realize what a big Lou Gramm fan you were. Foreigner sucks no matter who's in the group.They have a couple decents songs but the rest of their crap might as well be elevator music. The point was Jason Bonham would be considered a possible candidate for a supergroup based on fact he played with Led Zeppelin even if he wasn't John Bonham's son. He played in Steel Dragon too dude.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I had to get rid of that Aleister Crowly picture. That evil bastard was trying to steal my soul. I'm sorry I had that fucker on there.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I had to get rid of that Aleister Crowly picture. That evil bastard was trying to steal my soul. I'm sorry I had that fucker on there.
    Too late for that. Your future accomodations in our warm and toasty eternal climate have been reserved for a long time now.....

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Too late for that. Your future accomodations in our warm and toasty eternal climate have been reserved for a long time now.....
    Looking at that picture of Aleister creeped me out. I smoked some of the good stuff from the dispensary earlier. It looked like he was giving me the evil eye so I deleted that image from my computer and my avatar. I believe some people are truly evil and I suspect Aleister was one of them. Jimmy's my favorite guitar player but he was into some strange shit and might still be. Aleister's old house that Jimmy used to own looks like an evil place too.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yep, Aleister is evil, He literaly called himself "The Beast 666" while up therre on Earth, which people didn't really do a lot before heavy metal was invented.

And he passed his evil down to his descendants as well.......

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    How is Crowley related to Barbara Bush? I can see some similarities in the sense she is evil by possessing such a polluted womb but apart from that.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Sorry Kristy. I'm sorry I don't have a video of ISIS beheading Jimmy Page to share with you.
    Who gives a shit about some bloated millionaire rock star? And what in the fuck would that have anything to do with a militant Islamic terrorist organization that is the creation of Saudi Arabian and U.S. Government? Like I said Kirsten Dunst original post was insipid and juvenile to begin much like all of his post. Classic rock is dead. Get yourself in some form of fucking therapy to learn how to let it go.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    How is Crowley related to Barbara Bush? I can see some similarities in the sense she is evil by possessing such a polluted womb but apart from that.
    He's her father.

And yes, a Devil is completely serious. Pauline Pierce (Babsie's mama) was married to a guy named Marvin Pierce, but at the time the future wife of a smack dealing terrorist training Kennedy killer and mother of a Chimp was conceived, Pauline was running around Europe with Mr. Crowley, and old Marvin was back home in the states.

So poor dumb Chimpy had one HELL of a bloodline - on both sides of his family tree.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    He's her father.
    I call shenanigans on that. A myth. Much like how Robert Johnson actually sold his "soul" at some lonely crossroads so Eric Clapton could become a millionaire. People like unfounded stories - why else would the Bible exist?

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's absolutely true that Robert Johnson is a client. He just had the unfortunate luck of selling me his soul at a time when the record industry treated artists like shit, let alone black artists. So while his actual recordings are hard to find (and usually horribly mastered if you do), his songs certainly live on. Even if it is mostly due to white English guys covering them......

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Where is the proof? It's all myth. There is no known documented evidence of Johnson ever doing much in life other than contracting syphilis. Crossroads has always been a myth and today stands as nothing more than being a really shitty tourist destination.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He's her father.
    Quite the accusation with zero proof to back it up. Sounds like you've been listening to your pal Mike Malloy again. AKA the liberal Alex Jones.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    Quite the accusation with zero proof to back it up. Sounds like you've been listening to your pal Mike Malloy again. AKA the liberal Alex Jones.
    You forget that Aleister and I go back a long way. Long before he became a resident of Hell. He told me this himself. And he's very proud of the levels of evil achieved by his grandsons, despite Chimpy's stupidity.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You forget that Aleister and I go back a long way. Long before he became a resident of Hell. He told me this himself. And he's very proud of the levels of evil achieved by his grandsons, despite Chimpy's stupidity.
    What I forget is that you have a loose screw in your head. The liberal Alex Jones loosened it with his propaganda.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsbane View Post

5. Jimmy Page produced every Zeppelin record himself, and made sure he had a new engineer on every new album so no one else could possibly take credit for their sound.

An egomaniac to the Nth degree.

Only if true. I doubt the person who wrote the article was personal friends with the band during their recording career.

6. The Reverse Echo.

This was a mistake. Music is recorded on tapes on reels. The reels are supposed to be stored on the take-up reel, not on the source reel. If you store it on the source reel, you get this "reverse echo". It is an undesirable effect.
    Music CAN be recorded on tape, but most is not these days. How can you store a reel on a reel? Oh, my bad. I guess you just stack one on top of the other. So if you stack one of them on the source reel, it gives it a reverse echo?

So I can have a source reel and a take-up reel laying flat on a table. If you stack a reel on the source reel, and it gives you a reverse echo, if you instead decide to stack the reel on the take-up reel instead, do you get a normal, forward echo? Or no echo at all? Or if it is a mistake, I guess you just have to stack the reel on top of the source reel and just hope that it adds the reverse echo somewhere on the tape at random?

Ok and one or two more questions: How long are you supposed to stack the reel on the source tape for the reverse echo to appear on it? Is there any way to know in advance how strong of an echo it will be? Or what the decay rate will be? Is there some way to make it so that you get a reverse echo on just one hit of the hi-hat on bar 458 of the song? Does it require that you adjust exactly where the reel sits on top of the source tape in order to determine where you can make the echo occur?

What if you have several reels of tape?

Are these reels stacked properly on top of the source reel so that they can have reverse echo? And is there a particular brand of tape like Sony, Maxell, MCI, etc. that is better for reverse echo than Ampex? What model number of Ampex tape should be used? 560? 456? 499?

Haff yooo bin smoke-eeeeng KKKRRRRAAAAKKKKK??????

Backwards echo or reverb can be used to seriously enhance things.

Hardly an "undesirable" effect.

No it is not an effect people bother with on a majority of tunes (like standard plate reverb or something), but ANY effect is useful as another tool that any self-respecting engineer or producer should have in their arsenal.

I have used backwards echoes and reverbs on numerous tunes, and it really sounded cool.

It would not surprise me if it's discovery was a mistake. Much like flanging. Those happy accidents are what have improved recording techniques over the years.

Back in the olden days this is how they did it.

That guy is an engineer. He went to college for 23 years to learn how to what he is doing here. Pushing some buttons. See, that is the very first 32-track recorder, made in 1954. It had a modulated die-electric source reel. That is the big reel on the left up top. The guy is adjusting the magneto-dynamic variance by turning that dial below to parity. Once it gets to parity, the source reel automatically generates a magnetic pulse. You can synchronize the die-electric source reel with the smaller reels just below it. They can use punch cards to tell the vacuum tube interface what settings to use to determine whether the pulse creates a forward, or a backward echo.

I found all the above info at a top-secret website I belong to with nothing but multi-platinum engineers and producers.

This is the current state of the art way of doing things:

In the above photo, the guy (who is a good friend of mine) has gone on ebay on bought TWO source reels. He put them both on that SONY deck below, and is going to make a reverse echo on both the reels on that TEAC deck. See, that way he can get twice as much reverse echo in half the time.

He did say it is getting harder to find good tape these days though. He says the Scotch company might be going out of business. I don't know what we will do if that happens.

I guess we will all just have one of these:

They only did ONE television appearance in their history as a band.
    Everyone hated this band because they sucked.

Firstly, the guy who wrote the article IS wrong.....there is a most famous black and white video of a TV broadcast they did in Denmark when they did their first tour as the "New Yardbirds".

Secondly, you will probably never in your lifetime play in a band who even could approach them when they were a young shit hot band. Like Van Halen was.

Hater.

14. Jimmy Page shreds THIS like it’s no big deal.

He should. He had been playing rock music for 15 years at that point.
    BTW, it has been said many times that Zeppelin live was one of the thinnest and most empty sounds of any band. All the live albums have tons of overdubs to create a full sound. Contrast this with The Who, Rush, ZZ TOP, Hendrix, Cream. All who have a wall of sound with only guitar, bass, and drums.
    It has? By whom? What armies of armchair pundits who vomit such inept baby-gurgles ever even heard them live?

I have a lot of incredible sounding bootlegs that would easily prove such foolishness to be false, and and that was the beauty of the band...they only had 4 people. They did not need 3 keyboard players, 4 guitarists 8 hot female African American background singers and a fucking grand piano, with a speshul fucking appearance by the Moron Tabbur-nackul Kwire.

That left them lotsa space to fill sonically, and they did so very efficiently and with great power.

Without any help from any other motherfuckers.

Page/Plant in the mid-to-late 90s was a reasonable fascimile. Stripped down sonic ass-kicking on a major scale. I did witness that in person.

They were not some superhuman guys who played everything perfect all the time. Even Hendrix had many an off-night. Babe Ruth may have been the home run king, but he also lead the leagues in strikeouts.

And so it was with Led Zep. Especially when James got into the smack.

20. All of these achievements are based on a body of work that started and ended in only 12 YEARS.
    Really, Only 8 years. The band was dead by 1976. But fools like you have worshiped Zeppelin with irrational fervor.
    Cream was around for 3 years and achieved much more musically.
    So what if the band became lame by 1976. The definition of a "body of work" includes all the lame stuff. Live stuff too. Yes, it was 12 years. September, 1968 to September, 1980.

That statement about Cream is irrelevant. Hendrix was around for only 3 years in the public eye (as an A-list solo artist) but he achieved more musically than Cream, The Beatles, The Who, Jeff Beck, The Stones, and just about everyone who existed in the public eye from 1967 to 1970 COMBINED by a longshot.

Pretty much agree with everything else you posted.

But then, it does not matter what you or I think.

Krusty has been begging me for weeks to send her some of my Zep bootlegs.

So I told her I would give her a cheap substitute: This thread.

The purpose of this thread is NOT for a serious discussion on Led Zeppelin.

But thread derailment is encouraged around here.

Carry on.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 09-15-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Another ghey Kirsten Dunst post.

Thanks, Kirsten. Your knowledge on nothing helps nobody.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Krusty, my darling.

My eternal love for you knows no bounds.

I thank you, My Mistress, for your kind and benevolent whispers in my ear as I.....uh....worship at your holey temple......

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The thought of you yelling at me gets me all hot 'n' stuff.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

OK, I got a chuckle out of that.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

See? She even has a pet name for me.

I am so honored.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    I am so honored.
    Whatever, cocksucker. Your interpolation tactic of some shitty classic rock dog and pony act went nowhere, did it not? Just like your life is going now.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Damn what happened to her. She was cute in Interview with the Vampire.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    She's been posting here under the pseudonym 'SoftCock99' for years.

~Geesh~

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He's her father.

And yes, a Devil is completely serious. Pauline Pierce (Babsie's mama) was married to a guy named Marvin Pierce, but at the time the future wife of a smack dealing terrorist training Kennedy killer and mother of a Chimp was conceived, Pauline was running around Europe with Mr. Crowley, and old Marvin was back home in the states.

So poor dumb Chimpy had one HELL of a bloodline - on both sides of his family tree.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Failed the snopes test also.

But snopes is funded by a super secret illuminati lizard lounge.

Did you know the collective noun for lizards was lounge? Me neither. We all learned summat today.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Funny, there is no such username as "softcock99" around here.

Krusty is delusional

But I expected nothing less.

The Krusty robot becomes quite disfunctional when it is confronted with Led Zeppelin.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

KRUSTY!

EXECUTE YOUR PRIME FUNCTION!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Funny, there is no such username as "softcock99" around here.

Krusty is delusional

But I expected nothing less.

The Krusty robot becomes quite disfunctional when it is confronted with Led Zeppelin.
    Spelled "dysfunctional" you G.E.D. dropout.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Note how irritated the Krustybot gets when you intentionally spell something the way you mean it.

DIS-FUNCTION: A piece of software that is an insult to all other chatterbots due to it's functionality being flawed and imperfect.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 09-16-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Thread Information