Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Are there any plans in place for a Scottish currency, should the secession vote pass?

I don't see everything through the lense of a bankster conspiracy like Nitro does, but it is a valid point, that if you still used the pound as currency, it's still financially dependent on England, to some extent. Or the EU, if you went with the Euro.

Guess there's always the Bitcoin route....
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
      Pumpkin bongs? Nope. Pumpkins belong in patches for cartoon character to waste their lives on. It sure as shit does not belong in beer and the same must go for weed.

Symbolic of waiting for the return of Christ?

I must admit to a slight morbid unholy curiosity about this Red Hook creation......

Don't really care for pumpkin ales, but the flavor might actually mix better with a darker beer

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Vote YES, Scotch friends, and then join the EU!

What's your take about the referendum, Sesh?
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Satan
          Are there any plans in place for a Scottish currency, should the secession vote pass?

I don't see everything through the lense of a bankster conspiracy like Nitro does, but it is a valid point, that if you still used the pound as currency, it's still financially dependent on England, to some extent. Or the EU, if you went with the Euro.

It's not really an independence vote. It's a decision of being ruled by London or ruled by Brussels. All I can say is Brussels is on pins and needles and the only thing keeping it going is Germany and they have their problems. Since London is the international financial fraud capital of the world, they probably will outlast the thrown together rickety European Union. I'm betting the British Pound Sterling will outlast the Euro. Of course if pissing off Queen Elizabeth II floats your boat, hell vote independent. Then Scotland can charge taxes on all the royal estates in Scotland. If they refuse to pay, nuke em because Scotland will have the nukes. Hell vote independence and blackmail England and Wales into becoming Scotland. What goes around comes around.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            So you managed to get the subject onto banking...

It's all about money. The rest is just conversation. Try doing anything without any financing. I live in the real world.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Satan
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Well, the fundagelicals will tell you that the kingdom of my son, the Antichrist, will come out of a revised Roman empire. So the European Union has to stick around in some form.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                I live in the real world.
                yeah they get a vote to leave England next year
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Had to find it elsewhere but very good.

Haggis is nice BTW...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    It's all about money. The rest is just conversation. Try doing anything without any financing. I live in the real world.
                    You're soulless, there is so much more to life than money.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

7 or 8 years ago it wasn't even an issue it was always assumed it would be the Euro, now that is not considered an option.

There is a lot of nonsense being thrown around about currency, we could use the dollar if we wished no one can stop you.

By far the most likely result will be we share the pound at first. If we don't then we can walk away from the UK debt which is now $160k per person.

That would give us a shitty credit rating but no debt and with 15 billion barrels of oil, I think we would manage.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                        Vote YES, Scotch friends, and then join the EU!

What's your take about the referendum, Sesh?
                        Older people are voting no, and usually old people vote more than young people.

Optimists are voting yes, pessimists no.

If you looked at my Facebook feed you would think it was 95% yes to independence but maybe that's just the kind of people I hang around with but more likely No people are keeping quieter. It's a more difficult message to get excited about shouting in the streets 'things could be worse'.

What is pretty amazing is it's gone very social media. Three out of the four main political parties are No which has led the BBC to get itself in a mess of bias accusations by having 3 v 1 debates/coverage. Meanwhile 95% of the the newspapers(English/foreign owned) have been running massive No campaigns for months. Despite all this the Yes campaign has moved 20 points better in the polls in the last couple of months from 39% to 49% kind of thing.

But, despite all that the bookmakers have it still as 4-1 against a Yes vote and how often do they get stuff like that so wrong?
                        Last edited by Seshmeister; 09-15-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• VetteLS5
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2012

we can walk away from the UK debt which is now $160k per person.

That would give us a shitty credit rating but no debt and with 15 billion barrels of oil, I think we would manage.
                          I thought Welsh/Welch was a derogatory term applicable to residents of one of those other islands over there? Who knew declaring a country-wide bankruptcy was the new move to financial independence? Those tricky Scots!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The argument is 'if you don't let us share the banking reserve and the pound why should we share the downside which is the debt'.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

The one serious ish comment I will make as a casual observer as neither English or Scottish but a member of the greater Geordie empire .
                              I don't know how much of this is driven by a desire for a national identity / independence or just people being totally sick of the cunty behaviour of Westminster.
                              Regardless of party all people are sick of how the country is run and has been run for a long time .
                              Am pretty sure if you asked any major city North of Birmingham would they want to leave the union you would get similar sentiments to what your seeing now .
                              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VetteLS5
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2012

The argument is 'if you don't let us share the banking reserve and the pound why should we share the downside which is the debt'.
                                I would say it's kind of like me expecting you to pay me the money you borrowed from me, but at the same time not giving you a key to my house so you could raid my fridge.

That said, I know nothing about what really happens in such rainy parts of the world. Just padding my post count, working on some cred.

Comment

Working...