X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
    The one serious ish comment I will make as a casual observer as neither English or Scottish but a member of the greater Geordie empire .
    I don't know how much of this is driven by a desire for a national identity / independence or just people being totally sick of the cunty behaviour of Westminster.
    Regardless of party all people are sick of how the country is run and has been run for a long time .
    Am pretty sure if you asked any major city North of Birmingham would they want to leave the union you would get similar sentiments to what your seeing now .
    This is all very very true.

I'm not a nationalist and the older I get the more suspicious I am of patriotism.

What should really happen is the rest of the UK should vote to remove London who are the real subsidy junkies.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

If you looked at my Facebook feed..
      No, I don't care to do that.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by VetteLS5
        I would say it's kind of like me expecting you to pay me the money you borrowed from me, but at the same time not giving you a key to my house so you could raid my fridge.
        A better analogy would be ages ago you got me to the point I couldn't afford my rent on my old place because you parked your car in my driveway so I couldn't get my car out to go to work. You suggested I move in with you but now years later I've got fed up with how you've been spending the household budget.

I say I'm moving out but I'll keep paying my share of our old credit card bill but only if I can put the old address on forms when I get asked about my credit history.

Or something like that...

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Do you think Alex salmond puts people off ? He comes across as even slimier than a regular politician , and that takes some doing .
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Am just pleased you have a passport Hun
            She might have had one but I doubt she has one. They don't allow mental patients in sanitariums to have passports. I'm actually surprised they allow them to use the internet. Probably some type of mental rehab program.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Do you think Alex salmond puts people off ? He comes across as even slimier than a regular politician , and that takes some doing .
              It's annoying when it comes down to individual politicians as they are pretty irrelevant in the great scheme of things.
              I think he is a bit slimey which is also why he is effective. On the slime scale he's nothing compared to Osbourne or Mandleson though.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

I think your right it shouldn't come down to individuals but it's the way these things pan out .
                My problem with him is I do find him slimey and yes the others you mention are pretty horrible .
                Surely the easiest way to come across well would have been the "at least am not them " approach .
                Am not really sure if all his plans hold water but surely it didn't need to get to that , he just need to point at them . The best thing for the yes vote must have been Cameron and milliband dragging their circus up there .
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

I posted this thread because I knew there were Scottish and English members here and I was mostly interested in their opinions on the subject but I realize it could affect other countries too. My main concern as an American is the nuclear sub base and the subs we have other there because I heard the people pushing for Independance there want to get rid of them. Then again you can't trust anything you hear on the news and such nowdays.
                  I'm guessing the currency they use is supposedly backed up by gold there like it's supposed to be here. If all the gold backing the pound is in Great Britain, England or whatever you call it would they give some to Scotland or would they just forfeit their share?
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    You're soulless, there is so much more to life than money.
                    Not in the world of commerce and politics. Go ahead. Try to do anything without any financing. See how far you get. You won't go anywhere. Is there more to life than money. Sure but that is a life outside of commerce and politics. That's your life with family and friends.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                      Well, the fundagelicals will tell you that the kingdom of my son, the Antichrist, will come out of a revised Roman empire. So the European Union has to stick around in some form.
                      The revised Roman empire is the Vatican. Plenty of child ass fuckers in there to be the anti-christ. Maybe a more seedy cess pool than Brussels.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

If Scotland goes independent they just need to have a low corporate tax rate and lure multinational corporations to headquarter there and pay their taxes there. Then they can legalize gambling and become an offshore tax haven.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I posted this thread because I knew there were Scottish and English members here and I was mostly interested in their opinions on the subject but I realize it could affect other countries too. My main concern as an American is the nuclear sub base and the subs we have other there because I heard the people pushing for Independance there want to get rid of them. Then again you can't trust anything you hear on the news and such nowdays.
                          I'm guessing the currency they use is supposedly backed up by gold there like it's supposed to be here. If all the gold backing the pound is in Great Britain, England or whatever you call it would they give some to Scotland or would they just forfeit their share?
                          I think the only currency backed partially by gold is the Swiss Franc.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think your right it shouldn't come down to individuals but it's the way these things pan out .
                            My problem with him is I do find him slimey and yes the others you mention are pretty horrible .
                            Surely the easiest way to come across well would have been the "at least am not them " approach .
                            Am not really sure if all his plans hold water but surely it didn't need to get to that , he just need to point at them . The best thing for the yes vote must have been Cameron and milliband dragging their circus up there .
                            Most people just wanted more devolution of power but staying in the UK.

Cameron refused to put that on the ballot keeping it as purely Yes or No thinking No would win easily.

It's a bit of a perfect storm that the Labour leader is a muppet as well at the moment.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              My main concern as an American is the nuclear sub base and the subs we have other there because I heard the people pushing for Independance there want to get rid of them.
                              There are no nuclear weapon carrying US subs based outwith the USA. The confusion may be that we buy the missiles from the US which is big business, billions of dollars.

The UK's nuclear missile submarines are based 25 miles away from the biggest city in Scotland, we tend to think that it is unthinkable that they would have done that in England. An independent Scotland would get refuse to host them but it would take many years for England to find a new location and build a base and cost billions.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

I have not read up on all the details. I tend to believe if the population in a given area votes one way, then let them go for it.

I can only assume those who are in charge of this whole affair have already studied all the ramifications in extreme detail.

I can only assume they would not even bother with it unless there were real benefits.

I mean, I always thought Scotland should be it's own country. I always felt Ireland should be it's own island. Fuck all that religious crap.

People rant about all the "Muslim" terrists or "Middle Eastern" terrists or "Shining Path".....they never mention the IRA.....

Once again, religion is causing the destruction of the world.

Comment

Working...