Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lesfunk
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Is it true that Indian food is much better in Scotland than in the States?
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      To be fair it's a crazy high figure for here too.

I'm convinced it's going to be a no vote about 53-47 which is a shame In a way but it's going to shake things up a lot.

London is getting more and more like Washington becoming corrupted by big business lobbyists and career politicians.

This is a kick in the nuts for them so we'll see what happens next.
      The big multinational corporations have become more powerful than governments. It used to be the governments could keep these big corporations in check but now they have too many politicians bought off. The US was in a similar situation a century ago. In fact the wealth gap was about the same. It's seems to be a 100 year cycle. The monopolies form, the rich control a larger percentage of the markets, the citizens get fed up and new politicians come in who start breaking up the party. Usually a crash in the stock market is the final blow which causes things to even out more and more banking regulation comes into place. Why we have some of the problems we have is Alan Greenspan talked Bill Clinton on getting rid of some of the banking legislation that was put in during the 1930's. It opened the door to more corruption. Of course when the economy was good and people were going to get rich flipping real estate nobody cared.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

If Scotland really wanted to make London shit a brick. Get independence and join BRICS. Have your own currency but tie it to the Chinese RMB. The Rothschild would go ape shit. You might get invaded. LOL!

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          If they were called the Shatland Isles nobody would want to live there. It sounds like a shitty place.
          Yeah, now it only sounds like a place where a bunch of midget horses run around.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            The big multinational corporations have become more powerful than governments. It used to be the governments could keep these big corporations in check but now they have too many politicians bought off. The US was in a similar situation a century ago. In fact the wealth gap was about the same. It's seems to be a 100 year cycle. The monopolies form, the rich control a larger percentage of the markets, the citizens get fed up and new politicians come in who start breaking up the party. Usually a crash in the stock market is the final blow which causes things to even out more and more banking regulation comes into place. Why we have some of the problems we have is Alan Greenspan talked Bill Clinton on getting rid of some of the banking legislation that was put in during the 1930's. It opened the door to more corruption. Of course when the economy was good and people were going to get rich flipping real estate nobody cared.

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              No, it wasn't haggis in a can. It was some sort of meat product from the UK that gave her Mad Cow Disease in the late 1990's severally restricting meat imports thereafter....
              You figured that was why it wasn't available there BECAUSE of the tinned meat....BUT...you wouldn't import to start with, so that's not the reason...
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                I figured haggis is a traditional thing and not eaten often. You can't get it here because of the meat importing laws having to do with some broad dying after eating tinned Brit beef in the 90's during the Mad Cow craze. I think, the internal organs can be more risky for passing on disease...
                Haggis remains popular with expatriate Scots in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, owing to the strong influence of Scottish culture, especially for Burns Suppers. It can easily be made in any country, but is sometimes imported from Scotland. A recipe from the Canadian province of New Brunswick uses pork and bakes it in a loaf pan.
                Since 1971, it has been illegal to import haggis into the US from the UK due to a ban on food containing sheep lung, which constitutes 10 to 15% of the traditional recipe. The situation was further complicated in 1989 when all UK beef and lamb was banned from importation to the US due to the BSE crisis. In 2010, a spokeswoman for the US Department of Agriculture stated that they were reviewing the ban on beef and lamb products, but the ban on food containing sheep lung will remain enforced.
                We have our own disgusting sausage. It's called boidin. It'd quite popular in Louisiana. I tried it once when I was back there. Nasty stuff.
                Last edited by cadaverdog; 09-19-2014, 01:03 AM.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Angel
                  You figured that was why it wasn't available there BECAUSE of the tinned meat....BUT...you wouldn't import to start with, so that's not the reason...
                  See the post #142.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

It's all over. The nays have it. No independance for Scotland.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yep... Highland hasn't reported in yet, but it wouldn't be enough to save it, even if they voted "Yes". Since the trend seemed to be more supporters in the higher populated areas, I was actually shocked that Edinburgh only had 38.9% in favor. When that number came in, it pretty much sealed the deal.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

If Scotland did do it I would have expected them to never have a true national currency as the Scots are so tight-fisted that as soon as their Mint printed the money they would stash it under the floorboards of said Mint. No currency would ever get into circulation. And the Scot standing next to the run would be the only one who ever saw it.

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

As most of us figured, the NO vote won. I think too many Scotts are dependent on UK welfare to want to give it up. The elites have figured out if you provide a minimal level of government subsidies you end up with passive subjects who are relatively easy to manage and easily swayed into voting for the politicians the elites own. Independent people are a real pain in the ass and hard to manage. London is happy.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            Haggis remains popular with expatriate Scots in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, owing to the strong influence of Scottish culture, especially for Burns Suppers. It can easily be made in any country, but is sometimes imported from Scotland. A recipe from the Canadian province of New Brunswick uses pork and bakes it in a loaf pan.
                            Since 1971, it has been illegal to import haggis into the US from the UK due to a ban on food containing sheep lung, which constitutes 10 to 15% of the traditional recipe. The situation was further complicated in 1989 when all UK beef and lamb was banned from importation to the US due to the BSE crisis. In 2010, a spokeswoman for the US Department of Agriculture stated that they were reviewing the ban on beef and lamb products, but the ban on food containing sheep lung will remain enforced.
                            We have our own disgusting sausage. It's called boidin. It'd quite popular in Louisiana. I tried it once when I was back there. Nasty stuff.
                            When mystery meat is concerned I stick with eating kosher. I will trust the rabbi to make sure nothing too funky is in the hot dogs or salami.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                              It's the chopped up organs. I think they to have American haggis, but something about not having sheep's lungs or something. I'll Wiki it ..

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                                If Scotland did do it I would have expected them to never have a true national currency as the Scots are so tight-fisted that as soon as their Mint printed the money they would stash it under the floorboards of said Mint. No currency would ever get into circulation. And the Scot standing next to the run would be the only one who ever saw it.

The RBS is just a giant mattress scheme

Comment

Working...