Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Scottish Independence. Good or Bad?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Many are saying this is just the first attempt at Scottish independence.
    The talking heads I saw on tv gave me the impression this was a one time opportunity but I figured the people behind it would try again. If the UK decides to get more involved in the middle eastern crap that's going on right now you know they'll use that to push for independance again in the near future.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-27-2024 @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    The talking heads I saw on tv gave me the impression this was a one time opportunity but I figured the people behind it would try again. If the UK decides to get more involved in the middle eastern crap that's going on right now you know they'll use that to push for independance again in the near future.
    The UK is the middle eastern crap. They just like the US to do the heavy lifting. Hell it's not countries anymore it's multinational corporations and Washington and London are bought and paid for. Saudi money funds ISIS. They go nuts. It's gives the people who want to control the region an excuse to go in. Obama just does it. Without congressional approval and without approval of Syria or the international community. The hell with US constitutional law and international protocols. Whoever is behind this shit is desperate. They want a big war and they are grubbing money wherever they can steal it. Looks to be someone is scared the economy is stuck in a long-term deflationary cycle and when that is the case. Bankers go to jail. Avoid jail by possibly starting World War III. Nice people.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-27-2024 @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Well, if Hillary is the "best" candidate we can get in 2016, then Cascadian Independence is looking better all the time, as far as I'm concerned.

Hey I would be in Cascadia if it broke away. Harper is just as bad as Obama or Hillary. No real choices. It can be Jebb Bush, Mitt Romney, Hillary Clinton. No election, just selection. People talk about Texas succeeding but Texas is as politically corrupt as Washington DC is. It's people feeling they have no choice that is fueling this. Heck it's what caused the American Revolution. The colonies were angry that they were shut out of the political process in London.

So Scotland might spark movements around the world in places where people feel they have been locked out and abused. This might be the start of something bigger than we ever imagined. We will see.

4. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Angel (09-24-2014)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,284 Times in 4,713 Posts

That map is definitely the largest version of Cascadia I've seen yet. I'm not really sure if I want Idaho in the mix, let alone chunks of Montana or Wyoming. Too many right wingers that way. No point in seceding from a country that has gone into the right wing ditch, just to form a new country that STARTS that way.

Thread Information